Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dwarf Fortress

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Dwarf Fortress is a single-player, high fantasy simulation game in the style of old ASCII Roguelikes. You can control either a Dwarven clan attempting to build a settlement or a single adventurer in a randomly generated and persistent world complete with its own unique history.

Giant Bomb Community Succession Game!

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By Sankis

UPDATE 1 of 2 (MAYBE 3?): SPRING OF THE FOURTH YEAR

1 of Granite rolls around and I receive my orders from my cousin, the queen. I'm to act as Seneschal of Shimmeroiled until a suitable replacement is found. Whatever.

As a friendly dwarf gives me a tour of the place, I spot a walled workshop in one of the lower levels. “A dwarf went crazy in there. He started taking off of his clothes and crying.” my guide informs me.   Dwarves under my reign are to be free to express emotion and not live in clothed tyranny. As my first act, I order the wall opened and the dwarf released.
    As a friendly dwarf gives me a tour of the place, I spot a walled workshop in one of the lower levels. “A dwarf went crazy in there. He started taking off of his clothes and crying.” my guide informs me. Dwarves under my reign are to be free to express emotion and not live in clothed tyranny. As my first act, I order the wall opened and the dwarf released.

While on the main level, I start getting some SERIOUS bad vibes. It turns out that some dwarven bros are hurt and trapped in a small hole that a former ruler had channeled. Eager to rid myself of this bad feeling, I order a floor made over the hole so I no longer have to think of them.
      While on the main level, I start getting some SERIOUS bad vibes. It turns out that some dwarven bros are hurt and trapped in a small hole that a former ruler had channeled. Eager to rid myself of this bad feeling, I order a floor made over the hole so I no longer have to think of them.

Before I arrived there was some business with goblins. They're no longer a problem. Our buddies from the mountain homes chased them off before I could have anything done with them. Probably for the best. 
    Before I arrived there was some business with goblins. They're no longer a problem. Our buddies from the mountain homes chased them off before I could have anything done with them. Probably for the best. 

While surveying the outside I'm shocked to learn that we've imprisoned animals in a small pasture. What in Armok's name??? You can't OWN animals, man. I order that our brother beings be freed. 
    While surveying the outside I'm shocked to learn that we've imprisoned animals in a small pasture. What in Armok's name??? You can't OWN animals, man. I order that our brother beings be freed. 

A similar restriction was made for our very own citizens. As if we were living in some sort of military state! I abolish the ordinance. 
    A similar restriction was made for our very own citizens. As if we were living in some sort of military state! I abolish the ordinance. 

Before I let them leave, though, there's the matter of food. Our WHOLE FORTRESS is on the  verge of starvation. There's only one thing to do. As I let dwarves out of the fortress, I enact a new law. 
    Before I let them leave, though, there's the matter of food. Our WHOLE FORTRESS is on the verge of starvation. There's only one thing to do. As I let dwarves out of the fortress, I enact a new law. 

Every capable man, woman, and child is to head outside and gather up nature's bounty. Not to eat, but to be brought back and shared amongst ourselves. A suitable field is selected and near every citizen leaves to do their new job. 
    Every capable man, woman, and child is to head outside and gather up nature's bounty. Not to eat, but to be brought back and shared amongst ourselves. A suitable field is selected and near every citizen leaves to do their new job. 

Another issue that proved challenging to previous ruler was drink. Every dwarven man and woman craved the refreshing, natural taste of water. Unfortunately a majority of water outside is unfit for drinking, having been tainted by mud or blood. A portion of the brook outside is diverted into an underground reservoir. A well is created on the floor above, drawing on the new water. Not only is this a much, much more healthy alternative to alcohol but it's not outside where our brothers and sisters were being slaughtered. 
    Another issue that proved challenging to previous ruler was drink. Every dwarven man and woman craved the refreshing, natural taste of water. Unfortunately a majority of water outside is unfit for drinking, having been tainted by mud or blood. A portion of the brook outside is diverted into an underground reservoir. A well is created on the floor above, drawing on the new water. Not only is this a much, much more healthy alternative to alcohol but it's not outside where our brothers and sisters were being slaughtered. 

While observing, I notice that my plan to feed the fortress (and later the world)  is bringing results. Dwarves are see merrily hauling in handfuls of wild strawberries and prickle berries. 
    While observing, I notice that my plan to feed the fortress (and later the world) is bringing results. Dwarves are see merrily hauling in handfuls of wild strawberries and prickle berries. 

It seems that word of our tragedies have spread to the mountainhomes. Word is spreading that we're a cursed fortress doomed to failure. Whatever. That's just, like, their opinion. 
    It seems that word of our tragedies have spread to the mountainhomes. Word is spreading that we're a cursed fortress doomed to failure. Whatever. That's just, like, their opinion. 

While I was outside I had a bold plan. The land near the brook was devoid of any structures. Having built a pump I had the nearby land irrigated. It seemed that the land is too rocky, though. Nothing would grow.
     While I was outside I had a bold plan. The land near the brook was devoid of any structures. Having built a pump I had the nearby land irrigated. It seemed that the land is too rocky, though. Nothing would grow.

All in all, I think the fortress is in good hands. The next three seasons will be great!! 
    All in all, I think the fortress is in good hands. The next three seasons will be great!! 
    Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Seaborgium

I can't tell if I love you or want to strangle you.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#203  Edited By Daveyo520

Those poor animals.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By envane

hehe i was wondering when someone would build a well , generally one of thwe first things i do now after earlier versions of df brutally traiend me to have excess water on hand at all times due to lazy ass dwarves being too lazy to give water to wounded ppl

plus it always helps to plan a reservoir and accesible wells BEFORE you put in a bunch of floors ... but i guess you dont even need a reservoir , just a small hand filled pond will do . '

Anyways .. looking forward to more sankis , might wanna order some livestock from the traders if possible , chickens make helllllllllllllla eggs and meat and dont require any food apart from what they forage themselves from any cave floor

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By HotSauceMagik

So i'm confused....I see ASCii, but also sprites....what is going on?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206  Edited By TwoLines

@HotSauceMagik: That's because some people play with sprites, some with ASCii. You can switch between these two from session to session, so it's no big deal.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By HotSauceMagik

@TwoLines: I Mean't in

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By TwoLines

@HotSauceMagik: Happened to me too. Sometimes it flips out. My trees were ASCii while everything else was represented by sprites.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By HotSauceMagik

@Sankis said:

Man....all furniture and architecture must be made out of gold...

"The Golden Halls of Shimmeroiled" has a nice ring to it.

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Sankis
    @HotSauceMagik said:

So i'm confused....I see ASCii, but also sprites....what is going on?

Creature sprites are separate from tile sets. I use creature sprites but not a graphical tile set. My main reason for disliking graphical tile sets is due to how poorly supported they are. Due to the limited number of icons that DF will use, graphical tile sets will end up replacing things that should not be replaced. For instance, the icons for male and female will be replaced by the icon for a bag. On the world map, you'll see out of place door icons and tables.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Daveyo520

@HotSauceMagik: So much gold.

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Sankis

Sorry for taking so long with the turn but I should have everything wrapped up tomorrow evening. I played most of my year but just didn't have the time to write an update today.

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Seaborgium

Don't worry about it, you haven't even used up half your allotted time. It's just that we got very lucky with the first few people (I would have taken much longer if my turn hadn't started on a weekend).

Pretty eager to see what the fortress is like at the end of the turn. Gathering herbs was a good call, hopefully that'll keep us alive.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By jesterroyal

Releasing the animals may not be such a good call. I hope the grass eaters haven't starved deep down in the caves. And poor dwarves in the ditch.

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Sankis

Update 2 of 2: Summer, Autumn and Winter

Just as soon as Autumn comes do the haunting start. A dead child, among others, reportly rise from the dead to torment those from their past lives. Spooky!
          Just as soon as Autumn comes do the haunting start. A dead child, among others, reportly rise from the dead to torment those from their past lives. Spooky!
     Some other dwarves have informed me that having everyone outside gathering plants is not exactly the best idea. Something about Goblins. Whatever. I was never one for
     Some other dwarves have informed me that having everyone outside gathering plants is not exactly the best idea. Something about Goblins. Whatever. I was never one for "defense" or "survival." As a compromise, I agree to keep my harvesting to the indoors. I find suitable room and clear it out.
     While that's being done, I look to our food supplies. The output is just not enough to feed a fort of sixty dwarves and despite my protests no one will follow through on my ideas of  sharing and eating only what you need, not what you think you need. I find a suitable dwarf and assign him to exclusive fertiziler duty. This all natural fertilizer, straight from the teat of our Mother is set to increase our plump helmet output tenfold!  
     While that's being done, I look to our food supplies. The output is just not enough to feed a fort of sixty dwarves and despite my protests no one will follow through on my ideas of  sharing and eating only what you need, not what you think you need. I find a suitable dwarf and assign him to exclusive fertiziler duty. This all natural fertilizer, straight from the teat of our Mother is set to increase our plump helmet output tenfold!  
     As summer draws to a close I order our miners to seek out natural caverns. Many hundreds of feet below our hold we find one.  It's only a matter of time before delicious fungal spores and moss creep up to our living area.
     As summer draws to a close I order our miners to seek out natural caverns. Many hundreds of feet below our hold we find one.  It's only a matter of time before delicious fungal spores and moss creep up to our living area.
    Meanwhile our fertilizer is already producing results! SPLENNNNDID! 
    Meanwhile our fertilizer is already producing results! SPLENNNNDID! 
    With our barely existent military I turn the barracks into a common area. 
    With our barely existent military I turn the barracks into a common area. 
     With autumn drawing to an end, I revist the room I had dug out. Success! Fungus and moss from the caverns below have successfully begun to spread. Soon we will have no need to leave the walls.
     With autumn drawing to an end, I revist the room I had dug out. Success! Fungus and moss from the caverns below have successfully begun to spread. Soon we will have no need to leave the walls.
     Outside, I receive word that an elven trader has gone berserk. He does little harm, except to the mule he came with, before a dwarf cuts him down.
     Outside, I receive word that an elven trader has gone berserk. He does little harm, except to the mule he came with, before a dwarf cuts him down.

Oh no. Why won't they just leave me alone? We're just, like,  minding our own business, you know?
    Oh no. Why won't they just leave me alone? We're just, like,  minding our own business, you know?

Despite the goblins at our door, things are looking up for the summer
     Despite the goblins at our door, things are looking up for the summer
    The dwarven caravan inexplicably still has not departed. They deal with the goblins. In the coming days, bodies of missing dwarves and animals are found littering the surrounding countryside. No one bothers bringing the bodies inside and I don't really care. 
    The dwarven caravan inexplicably still has not departed. They deal with the goblins. In the coming days, bodies of missing dwarves and animals are found littering the surrounding countryside. No one bothers bringing the bodies inside and I don't really care. 
    While I'm busy surveying the outsides, some sort of bird is busy harassing the workers. I am loathe to harm a brother being but I'm left with no choice. The half dozen poorly trained military dwarves are dispatched.
    While I'm busy surveying the outsides, some sort of bird is busy harassing the workers. I am loathe to harm a brother being but I'm left with no choice. The half dozen poorly trained military dwarves are dispatched.
    ... but not before we lose several to the Elk Bird. Oh well! I'll be sure that every bit of the bird is used so that his death is not in vain. 
    ... but not before we lose several to the Elk Bird. Oh well! I'll be sure that every bit of the bird is used so that his death is not in vain. 
    More Elk Birds?! Apparently my advisors did not properly convey the threat before. A whole flock of the flightless birds had taken residence inside the fort. With a wounded military, I simply order the hall they occupy to be blocked off. Problem solved! Oh, and it turned out that these birds were coming from the cavern. Oops! 
    More Elk Birds?! Apparently my advisors did not properly convey the threat before. A whole flock of the flightless birds had taken residence inside the fort. With a wounded military, I simply order the hall they occupy to be blocked off. Problem solved! Oh, and it turned out that these birds were coming from the cavern. Oops! 
    Summer came and went. As I dealt with the Elk Bird threat, my miners and masons were hard at work outside. A moat is made and filled and a bridge erected. I've single handedly saved our fortress from more attacks. I continue my work on the colossus.
    Summer came and went. As I dealt with the Elk Bird threat, my miners and masons were hard at work outside. A moat is made and filled and a bridge erected. I've single handedly saved our fortress from more attacks. I continue my work on the colossus.
     More goblins appear but are unable to get to us. There is no defense better than a natural defense!
     More goblins appear but are unable to get to us. There is no defense better than a natural defense!
     As I'm busy congratulating myself, a kind dwarf points out that we had not taken out the ramps leading to the hills overlooking our majestic fort. I quickly order the ramps taken down but it's too late. The goblins are once again upon us!
     As I'm busy congratulating myself, a kind dwarf points out that we had not taken out the ramps leading to the hills overlooking our majestic fort. I quickly order the ramps taken down but it's too late. The goblins are once again upon us!
     I'm exhausted and sick of all this work. I throw down the sceptre of leadership and pick up the hoe of farm life. Someone else can deal with the goblins. I'll be working on my organic farm.
     I'm exhausted and sick of all this work. I throw down the sceptre of leadership and pick up the hoe of farm life. Someone else can deal with the goblins. I'll be working on my organic farm.
    Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Sankis

Forgot to attach the save and an image: 

http://www.filedropper.com/region3-startyear5 

And my unfinished mega project. Hopefully someone finishes it! It's supposed to be a dwarf that was going to be holding a wooden staff.

No Caption Provided
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Daveyo520

Well some stuff may have happened.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By envane

hehe .. nice job sankis .. you set us up for a lot more ghosts , will be fun .. is there anyway to bust the ghosts ? can we possibly tame and breed the elk birds for meat ? and why hasnt anyone made obsidian short swords yet ! ehe

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219  Edited By Shofixti

Be with you all shortly folks, just getting set up here in Quebec at my uncle's summer chalet. I'm told i'll have wireless tonight

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By jesterroyal

@envane: The only way I know to fight ghosts is to bury or memorialize them as fast as dwarfly possible. Lest more dwarves be scared to death or have their legs broken. Also, elk birds are particularly difficult it seems. They need a pasture or they will starve and they also need nest boxes to lay their eggs. But it should be possible to breed and tame.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By envane

it doesnt seem clear fromt he wiki , but it appears you can just engrave a slab and bury any remains and the ghost will go away .. doubt we will find all the remains but im sure we can engrave a few slabs

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#222  Edited By BoG

Wow, Elk Birds. Crazy animals be all up in our fortress. I really hope someone can finish that project. Well done surviving this year, Sankis!

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Sankis

I'm not sure if it's time for congratulations! Though I'll take it.  

There's at least one goblin outside the fort and our perma-dwarven caravan defenses have been defeated. The next player really needs to deal with the goblins ASAP and then just focus on domestic issues and finishing our defenses. We're dangerously close to a tantrum spiral at the moment so beware of that. Most importantly, finish my Dwarf statue.

It may be best not to let any dwarf outside, actually. That way they never know their friends died!

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Shofixti

okay, im sending the message out to the next player now. he has 48 hours to respond stating that he has started his turn.

I still dont have any wifi out here and my data plan is limited so im counting on you all to keep things rolling!

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Seaborgium

Bropira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Bropira

Great job so far everyone its been a blast reading the updates.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Shofixti

Fallen189 is passing his turn onto the next player... Which is . He's passing for personal and totally justified reasons.

I'll be sending Zombie a message now, and he'll be officially on the clock. If he passes his turn or fails to respond in 48 hours, I'll give it to a random reserve pool player.

Avatar image for zombie_shakespeare
    Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shofixti: Alright, then. I have work in a few hours, but I have a couple of days off coming my way, so I'll start catching up and doing stuff starting tomorrow.

EDIT: Just to let you guys know, I ended up getting busy in real life for a while and my Dwarf Fortress knowledge has gone down the shitter. I may end up doing terrible things to this poor fortress.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Shofixti

@Zombie_Shakespeare said:

I may end up doing terrible things to this poor fortress.

Good.

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Sankis

I'm not sure you could make it much worse! 

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Daveyo520

@Sankis: I did play where you left off a bit. So much death.

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Seaborgium

@Daveyo520 said:

@Sankis: I did play where you left off a bit. So much death.

What can dorf do against such reckless overseers?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Daveyo520

@Seaborgium: Live man, they can live. Oh wait...

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By envane

@Zombie_Shakespeare: i dont think you could promise anythign greater :)

all hail shitteroiled

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Daveyo520

I don't know if you guys found it or not but I did make a dump on the first floor that is one square big. It should have a ton of stone in it.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By envane

@Daveyo520: you should probably see a doctor about those stones in your dump ..

sorry i had to

otherwise that's kind of a bad thing to do now , with stone weighing alot more and slowing dwarves down, dumping it into a quantum stockpile isnt as useful as before ... im liking relatively small stone stockpiles with wheelbarrows assigned to them , at least then only a maximum of 3 haulng jobs will be created for the stockpile. in the meanwhile im just learning to cope with leaving alot of stone lying about more often :/

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Daveyo520

@envane: Well I went a long time ago. I do not think anyone is still dumping, but what was dumped is there if no one claimed it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#238  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Shofixti said:

@Zombie_Shakespeare said:

I may end up doing terrible things to this poor fortress.

Good.

Indeed. Just make sure to leave enough of a fortress for me to destroy. (I only bump this because I'm playing the game as we speak, since you have to know the rules to break them.)

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, bad news. The Filedropper link Sankis set up is no longer working, at least for me. Does anyone have the original save file that they could upload for me? In the mean time, I'll start getting into tutorials again.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By jesterroyal

: Im sure either or has it. (I hope?) Bascially, this was a shameless post to ping all their names just in case.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Shofixti

im still without wireless or a decent computer, so youll need to wait for me to get home tomorrow for me to look.

I think though all I have is daveyo's save

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Sankis

I'll re-upload it in a few minutes. 

Edit: HERE!!!! 

www.sankis.com/personal/region3-StartYear5.zip

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By jesterroyal

LET THE GAMES END!

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sankis said:

I'll re-upload it in a few minutes. Edit: HERE!!!! www.sankis.com/personal/region3-StartYear5.zip

Awesome, thank you. I'll get started properly tomorrow. Don't work until the afternoon.

Thought of an interesting (to me) way to spin my inexperience, as well.

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Sankis

I accidentally ended on 2nd of Granite I HOPE YOU DON'T HOLD THAT AGAINST ME.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Daveyo520

Oh we will!

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By jesterroyal

If sankis's dwarf is still alive. I vote Sankis for gathering and Woodchopping. We can assign him all the war animals we have and see if he survives longer than ten minutes. Its the only fitting punishment.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I've been working on my first update for an hour or two or three now; I honestly don't know. It's taking me a while to re-familiarize myself with DF. I'm going to post what I have to see if you guys are okay with the tone and general play-style I'm going for. Should be up in a few minutes if I don't have any problems. Just have to format it for the site.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hullo, fellow Dorfs. Some strange lookin' fellas broke into me home yesterday, abducted me and brought me here to this fort.

I am a humble farmer-Dorf, but these men told me that now I'm a leader-Dorf. That's alright, I suppose. Me mum never taught me much about

leadin', but maybe I can do good and put some of her old-world farming values back into this little fort. She taught me that

the two most precious things in a Dorf's life are liquor and farmin'. I never had no reason to doubt her. She never steered me wrong.

Oh, my name is Tosid. You c'n call me Zombie, though. Me friends started callin' me Zombie when I was little, after an elephant trampled

me head and I got up and just started playin' tag again. The doctors said I'd be a veg'table, but I proved them wrong right good.

Now, I don't know what kind of name Shirremoiled is, but I'll try me darndest to keep these fellas safe an' happy.

They sure rushed me right in. I didn't see much on account o' the sack on my head, but one time we tripped and it came off. Lots o' blood

and dead Dorfs.

No Caption Provided

Must have been one crazy party. We kept goin' in pretty far, past the entrance. Pretty sure I heard some screams, but the Dorfs with me

told me it was just one big joke welcome for their new overseer. One o' them said somefin about 'account-o-bility', but then the other

one slugged him but good. They took me into the first and told me about how the last overseer did a right bang-up job, but Dorfs are dying

and I could fix it. They asked me what my first order was. I looked all 'round, at how bloody and dirty this room was, and told 'em

to start cleanin' up their mess. Me mum would have a fit if she saw all this. They gave each other a weird look. Then they told me

I should really take care o' the goblins outside, but I told them that the goblins would still be there tomorrow. They said they'd get

the old overseer to help me out.

After scrubbin' on those floors for a while, I told the nearest Dorf that they were hard to clean up, and he suggested that we just make

a new floor over it. I told him that was good, and that he could do it with whatever we had around. I caught him later buildin' tiles to

seal up the blood stains out o' potash. Oh, well. One stain down, when he finishes. Me mum would be proud o' me critical thinking skills.

No Caption Provided

Then I got reports o' a goblin outside killin' all sorts of poor, innocent animals. I told the Dorf that was sad and all, but I had a fort to run

and these blood stains weren't going to cover themselves up.

No Caption Provided

Through all o' this, though, the goblins kept killin' people outside. So I told the nearest Dorf that we should just wall up the entrance.

He told me there were Dorfs still outside, but I just said that if they were outside, they must have bad survival instincts anyway, and I

couldn't finish cleaning up this mess with that big racket. So he told me he'd get some Dorfs to bring up some alunite for me.

But soon after that, they were workin' on bringing up the rocks when the yak over in the front went berserk! I shouted for someone to kill it,

and the Equivalence of Cloister squad burst into action. Dodok carried her baby into battle and wrecked it. Then she walked off like nothin' ever

happened. What a lady.

No Caption Provided

They did so good that I told them to go on and kill the elf who snuck inside during the seige. Me mum hates elves, so I should, too.

After that, I think we c'n get that wall finished and start some clean-up.

And then, somethin' bad happened.

No Caption Provided

Well, I know that's a hell of a lot of stuff for just five days, but it is during a goblin seige. Hopefully things will settle down some soon. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to salvage this fort. But I'll do my best. And that means a lot of Dwarves are going to die. If nothing else, we can always have the next person continue from Sankis' save (I made a backup and he still has his, as well) and pass this off as a curiosity. Oh, and sorry about the overlapping problem in a couple of those images. I fixed it. I can also fix the odd formatting when I get home if it bothers people. Other than that, I'll continue tomorrow. Hopefully at a speedier pace. Advice would be appreciated.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Shofixti

@Zombie_Shakespeare: This has been my favourite update so far! Keep it up!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.