Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2009

Concept »

The 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 2-4.

Front Mission Evolved

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By McPaper

This is a "reply" to Brad's post about the significant change in this Front Mission for PS3 / 360 / PC. However I extent this outwards to all Front Mission and Mech fans.

No Caption Provided

I would consider myself a long time fan of the series and I would like to first add that the second Front Mission game took a different approach making the game a side scrolling shooter of sorts, so Front Mission was not always a top down turn based strat. I cant say this type of gameplay kept my interest and I was more than happy to return to the grid based strat rpg of the masterpiece that was Front Mission 3 and to a lesser extent 4. I can understand why some people are shocked by the change in gameplay style.

Although I was very much addicted to the strategy / turn-based stuff of Front Mission of old, I also felt it lacked a level of fluidness in the story telling and action in the gameplay that I feel Front Mission Evolved can possibly bring about. This is why it is my most followed game at the moment dispite this e3 madness.

They mention that the same level of customizability will be kept in this game, I just hope they can deliver on it, in that the customizability also serves the same level of purpose in the previous games. If they can match that and add some action which isnt just dumb this should be awesome for Front Mission fans and people alien to the series.

Plus my dream game has always involved online and mechs and some level of persistent XP system. Comon, you know that sounds awesome, right?. I some what doubt this can match the expectations as I am unsure of what kind of quality to expect from Double Helix but the game is keeping worth an eye out and shouldnt be shunned by hardcore FM fans. Give it a chance it could be very cool and a worthy addition to the Front Mission Franchise.
    McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By McPaper

This is a "reply" to Brad's post about the significant change in this Front Mission for PS3 / 360 / PC. However I extent this outwards to all Front Mission and Mech fans.

No Caption Provided

I would consider myself a long time fan of the series and I would like to first add that the second Front Mission game took a different approach making the game a side scrolling shooter of sorts, so Front Mission was not always a top down turn based strat. I cant say this type of gameplay kept my interest and I was more than happy to return to the grid based strat rpg of the masterpiece that was Front Mission 3 and to a lesser extent 4. I can understand why some people are shocked by the change in gameplay style.

Although I was very much addicted to the strategy / turn-based stuff of Front Mission of old, I also felt it lacked a level of fluidness in the story telling and action in the gameplay that I feel Front Mission Evolved can possibly bring about. This is why it is my most followed game at the moment dispite this e3 madness.

They mention that the same level of customizability will be kept in this game, I just hope they can deliver on it, in that the customizability also serves the same level of purpose in the previous games. If they can match that and add some action which isnt just dumb this should be awesome for Front Mission fans and people alien to the series.

Plus my dream game has always involved online and mechs and some level of persistent XP system. Comon, you know that sounds awesome, right?. I some what doubt this can match the expectations as I am unsure of what kind of quality to expect from Double Helix but the game is keeping worth an eye out and shouldnt be shunned by hardcore FM fans. Give it a chance it could be very cool and a worthy addition to the Front Mission Franchise.
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I like mechs, but the hopeful hardware geek in me is no match for the practical problems of having a mech where a tank or a bunch of well-armed infantry with high explosive weapons would suffice. :)

What I'd want to see in a tactical combat game is simultaneous turns, and maybe no real healing available.  That to me would feel less like your standard tactics game and more fresh.  It'd be cool to have your mechs climbing over some rocky terrain, then you spot an enemy, and both you and the enemy decide what your reaction is going to be.  You could run to get cover from you teammates or try to take them down quickly. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.