Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

E3 2010 Thoughts.

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
    S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

1st blog post on GB, here we go...   This has been one of the biggest E3's in memory. There are so many great games coming out that I am going to have to be very picky on my purchases otherwise I will go broke. I don't see a new line of consoles now until after 2013. The graphics just keep getting better and better. The motion stuff doesn't really appeal to me but if they bring something out that appeals to the more hardcore then I would be more tempted to buy for myself. I am sure I will have both Kenect and Move in my house by the end of the year but not by choice. My wife really loves the look of the new games coming out that use motion controls. Here is a list of games from E3 that interest me.

Gears of War 3

Gears 3 is so far my #1 game of E3. I can't wait for this game. April 5th can't come soon enough. I beat Gears 2 on Insane on Coop. It was a great game but the multiplayer lacked. If Epic can fix there netcode I don't think I will be playing anything else online for a very long time once Gears 3 releases. My wife is even interested in this game. I think being able to play as a woman really touched her heart.

Medal of Honor

MOH is looking to be the perfect blend of Call of Duty and Battlefield. I really hope it controls more on the side of COD because Battlefield has some serious control issue (not being able to strafe). I have vip access on Bad Company 2 and have preordered the game on Amazon so I should have a beta key by the 17th. I can't wait to try this game out.

Crysis 2

Crysis 2 is hands down the best looks fps on a console. I love the first and warhead on the PC and I can't wait for this game. I think I read they wanted to compete directly with Halo but I think that is impossible if they want to compete with the numbers. They are just way too many trash talking teens that can't put anything in front of Halo.

Bulletstorm

Bulletstorm has a really good concept but I am not sure how it will transfer over to multiplayer. The game is really over the top and I am excited to see how it turns out.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I wasn't impressed with the E3 demo but I am a hardcore GR fan and I hope that this game can show some new stuff in the coming months. I read this game was delayed and I would say it will be summer 2011 before it releases.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Black Ops looks good but I feel like it will be more of the same. I have been playing a Call of Duty game since COD4. I am honestly sick of COD and if Black Ops doesn't change drastically I don't see myself purchasing this game.

Others

Portal 2, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Infamous 2, (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, LittleBigPlanet 2, Rock Band 3, Dance Central,  <- for my wife)

What do you think of E3 so far?

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
    S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

1st blog post on GB, here we go...   This has been one of the biggest E3's in memory. There are so many great games coming out that I am going to have to be very picky on my purchases otherwise I will go broke. I don't see a new line of consoles now until after 2013. The graphics just keep getting better and better. The motion stuff doesn't really appeal to me but if they bring something out that appeals to the more hardcore then I would be more tempted to buy for myself. I am sure I will have both Kenect and Move in my house by the end of the year but not by choice. My wife really loves the look of the new games coming out that use motion controls. Here is a list of games from E3 that interest me.

Gears of War 3

Gears 3 is so far my #1 game of E3. I can't wait for this game. April 5th can't come soon enough. I beat Gears 2 on Insane on Coop. It was a great game but the multiplayer lacked. If Epic can fix there netcode I don't think I will be playing anything else online for a very long time once Gears 3 releases. My wife is even interested in this game. I think being able to play as a woman really touched her heart.

Medal of Honor

MOH is looking to be the perfect blend of Call of Duty and Battlefield. I really hope it controls more on the side of COD because Battlefield has some serious control issue (not being able to strafe). I have vip access on Bad Company 2 and have preordered the game on Amazon so I should have a beta key by the 17th. I can't wait to try this game out.

Crysis 2

Crysis 2 is hands down the best looks fps on a console. I love the first and warhead on the PC and I can't wait for this game. I think I read they wanted to compete directly with Halo but I think that is impossible if they want to compete with the numbers. They are just way too many trash talking teens that can't put anything in front of Halo.

Bulletstorm

Bulletstorm has a really good concept but I am not sure how it will transfer over to multiplayer. The game is really over the top and I am excited to see how it turns out.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I wasn't impressed with the E3 demo but I am a hardcore GR fan and I hope that this game can show some new stuff in the coming months. I read this game was delayed and I would say it will be summer 2011 before it releases.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Black Ops looks good but I feel like it will be more of the same. I have been playing a Call of Duty game since COD4. I am honestly sick of COD and if Black Ops doesn't change drastically I don't see myself purchasing this game.

Others

Portal 2, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Infamous 2, (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, LittleBigPlanet 2, Rock Band 3, Dance Central,  <- for my wife)

What do you think of E3 so far?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.