Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Games

Company »

EA Games is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for most of its non-sports titles.

EA Launches New Digital Retail Service, Makes It the Sole Way to Purchase Star Wars: The Old Republic Online

• 162 results
    gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By gunharp

@SithLibrarian: , @SeriouslyNow:

I'm surprised no one else has really mentioned that the store being called "Origin" is a reference to Origin Systems. It's what I thought of when I read this piece of news.

@Brendan said:

Like I said in a thread about this earlier, if I have one physical shelf for games regardless of publisher, I want one virtual shelf for all my digital games. I do not want several publishers trying to divide up my collection into different accounts with different passwords diluting the potential permanence of my collection.

I totally get why you want one virtual shelf. I gave up on that and just went to wherever the games were. Outside of Steam I have purchased digitally from Blizzard, Good Old Games, and directly from quite a few smaller developers.

EA titles on Steam don't have things like cloud saves, join session, or steam achievements. So because of that I've got no problem buying via Origin. I won't be missing out on anything in my preferred virtual store.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#152  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

This makes me made, just use Steam... If Mass Effect 3 is exclusive to this I'mma be mad!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#153  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Oh EA.... >_>

sk0ney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By sk0ney

i dont mind ea.. but jesus christ. they are investing 100's of millions of dollars into SWTOR and now they pull this shit on their audience? why make things harder for us.. just put it on steam, its what we know and PREFER.

If i have a choice between EA's Origin or a brick and mortar store... i'll choose a different game

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@MrKlorox said:

@137 said:

@MrKlorox : Hopefully your computer came equipped with google so you could research and probably post proof I'm full of shit before making cool statements like "INTERNET LEGEND"....

hey look at this, proof you're a moron "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Store

I'm not the fucktard who paid for something for 24 months of use. You're the one making full of shit statements, fool.

Uh dude, I think he's worried that EA could change its policies again because he was burned before. Nothing he said was 'fucktard' worthy.

Download limitations

Users were given one year from the time of purchase to download a game, but this limitation does not exist anymore. There currently is no time limitation for redownloading games through the platform. However according to EA terms of service account may be canceled after 24 month of non-use.

Mortified_Cow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Mortified_Cow

This is stupid. I can see it already. Ill use Origin to get Old Republic, and it will suck, I'll never use it again after that but it will just annoy me by existing on my PC. If I can, Ill install it to download the game and delete it right after. I won't buy Battlefield 3 through the program since no matter what exclusives they offer, valve will offer a better one. It's called "steam", that little program where i have all my friends and pretty much every other game i own on the PC in one nice neat place. EA is hurting themselves by limiting the number of retailers selling their game. No Walmart, Gamestop or Amazon, the three biggest video game retailers in the U.S. is just dumb. Plus, I prefer hard copies for my MMO's since I don't like having to download 20 gigs, Id rather install 15 then download 5.

Mabui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Mabui

There was an earlier article about EA's CO talking about learning from mistakes.  Well, this is going to be the most expensive education you're going to receive EA.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By Gregomasta
    @sixpin said:
    The Old Republic isn't going to be on Steam then? Good job EA. Why don't you just not sale retail copies at Wal-Mart while you are at it?

Edit:
    @TadThuggish: Looks like we had the same thought.
    Yeah, I think I may actually buy this from a big budget store.
    smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#159  Edited By smellylettuce

Question is, what sort download limitations are they going to put in place? One of the main reasons I've avoided EA's download service is because in the past, they only sell you a licence to play said game and after 2 years it expires leaving you with bupkis after. At least that was the rule back when I bought the original Mass Effect from them. I don't see myself trusting their sense of entitlement at all for the foreseeable future, at any rate.

Forum_User

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Forum_User

Some of the comments here reminded me of this: 

No Caption Provided
    ponyslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By ponyslayer

the game still the same just got more fierce  

- Slim Charles

xaveri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By xaveri

Once again these companies fail to understand the PC consumer. They think that by limiting stuff they add value to their product which is idiotic. Valve uses the simple principle of "what is bet for our customers". Granted Valve is not perfect but they certainly have a track record of openness and try to listen to the community. I wish EA good luck. The more systems like Steam out there, the better the competition. In the end I get to vote with my space bucks.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#163  Edited By forkboy

@Alex: Nice Wire reference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.