Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Sports MMA

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

EA Sports MMA is a mixed martial arts game for the Xbox 360 and PS3, developed by EA Tiburon.

If this'll be as good as FN:R4 and less robotic than UFC, I'm in.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AngeTheDude

I can't wait for this game. The UFC game feels way too mechanical and pressing buttons to fight doesn't feel as good as Fight Night's analog control. I know we are talking about two different sports here, but I hope EA can pull off an upset here, similar to what skate. did to the Tony Hawk franchise.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Agreed, UFC had nothing on FNR4. I really do hope EA do something big with this.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cube

I hope it's great as well. Competition is good.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AngeTheDude

I'd only play UFC if someone gave it to me as a gift. That game ain't worth sixty dollars. EA MMA would be awesome if they could get some good fighters involved, like some of the old PRIDE fighters or even get the Gracies in on this action.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By c1337us
    @AngeTheDude said:
    " I'd only play UFC if someone gave it to me as a gift.
    Even then I'd go great, thanks for the trade bait dude. Go to the store and trade it for something fun. I played a little on an in store demo setup and I thought it was rubbish.
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By _Phara0h_

Well they did sign on of the biggest names in MMA.... But I don't care about names and I didn't really like the UFC game, cause the ground game sucks or I suck at it....

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AngeTheDude

The ground game in UFC doesn't make any sense to me. It isn't very clear, though I know there is a lengthy tutorial. Fight Night is way more easy to pick up and play while still being immersive. That's what I'm hoping for in this game.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RsistncE
    @AngeTheDude: Fedor and Couture have already signed on. I imagine most of strikeforce, dream and WEC will also. I really hate Dana White, he's a bitch.
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngeTheDude
    @RsistncE: Dana White is a shrewd businessman, nothing more. He's like the Vince McMahon of MMA. He's turning something that should be respectable into a damned circus.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Baillie said:
    " Agreed, UFC had nothing on FNR4. I really do hope EA do something big with this. "
    for real dude fuck all the hype for that game. way overrated. FNR4 is the shit.
    InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By InFamous91
    @AngeTheDude said:
    " The ground game in UFC doesn't make any sense to me. It isn't very clear, though I know there is a lengthy tutorial. Fight Night is way more easy to pick up and play while still being immersive. That's what I'm hoping for in this game. "
    i truly agree.....I'm a huge UFC fan, however the ground game is quite confusing. After, playing so plenty of matches online, I still couldn't master the ground game. Now with EA MMA, I'm a bit worried for the next UFC game. EA has always been doing a great job with the Fight Night Series. What makes me even curious is, will EA MMA deliver, even without a huge known roster as UFC. EA will definitely market this title much better than THQ.  I'm eager to see how things will play out.
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngeTheDude
    @InFamous91: Skate was able to crush the long running Tony Hawk series despite not having guys like Tony Hawk or Bam Margera in it (aka any mainstream appeal). It was the perfect example of the consumer buying the better game. I think there is the potential to do the same with EA MMA.
    InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By InFamous91
    @AngeTheDude: Can't argue with that because, I actually brought Skate and enjoyed it far more. Like I said, I'm eager to see how things will play out. Also, if you didn't already know EA MMA's roster(few as been confirmed)....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_MMA
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AngeTheDude

Don Frye and Yoshihiro Takayama NEED to be in this game: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-AkC8l-8Xc    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.