Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Empire: Total War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

The fifth installment in the Total War series from The Creative Assembly. Empire: Total War features the series' hallmark blend of real-time strategic battles, and turn-based empire building. Empire takes place during the 18th century — an age of imperial expansion, trade, rifles and cannons.

DRM

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bartiemus

Does anybody know what sort of DRM this game will have

eclipt1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By eclipt1c

Steam I believe.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By breton

Yeah, it fully uses Steamworks - for drm, server browsing, and achievements. Just like a retail bought Valve game, for example.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FuzzYLemoN
    breton said:
    "Yeah, it fully uses Steamworks - for drm, server browsing, and achievements. Just like a retail bought Valve game, for example."
    Weird... has any other non-Valve game done that yet? o_O
    alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By alcamin
    FuzzYLemoN said:
    "breton said:
    "Yeah, it fully uses Steamworks - for drm, server browsing, and achievements. Just like a retail bought Valve game, for example."
    "
    Yes, Dawn of War II is a very recent example for this. I just hope that Empire doesn't install in the same way as DOW II though. My slow internet connection will mean it will take me days to get it working, and I can't wait that long! :(
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Yea I think UT3's latest patch added Steamworks to it too.  If you have Steam installed it'll just add it to the games list.

I think it's great, the more games that do this the better.  Seriously, everyone use Steam.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Alcamin said:
    "FuzzYLemoN said:
    "breton said:
    "
    Yes, Dawn of War II is a very recent example for this. I just hope that Empire doesn't install in the same way as DOW II though. My slow internet connection will mean it will take me days to get it working, and I can't wait that long! :(
    "
    Dawn of War II uses GFW Live for its multiplayer, but otherwise, yes.

Also, Installing Dawn of War II from the disc and, when it's released, there should be a similar FAQ for Empire: Total War.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.