Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Enclave

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 19, 2002

Enclave is a game that takes place in a medieval fantasy realm in a world that has been torn apart by magic and evil. It was released on the Xbox in the summer of 2002, and later on the PC early in the spring of 2003.

I would love a new Enclave

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

Anyone remember this game?  I got it for the original Xbox around the time when it was still new.  I got obsessed with it back then, so I tried playing it recently and even though it's dated as fuck, it's still pretty fun.  Just getting new weapons and armor and stuff is great.

I would love a new one on this current gen systems, but I don't think it would ever happen.  I don't think the developer is around anymore anyway.  Does anyone know if it sold well back when it came out?  I would assume that it didn't, just because this doesn't seem like the kind of game that would sell well on the original Xbox, but maybe it did alright on the PC.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

It's one of the games that I bought when I was younger but never once played : \

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SamStrife

I loved Enclave.  I played it on the original Xbox and loved every second of it, though I'm sure if I went back I'd see it's noty a very good game.  I'll check it out again tomorrow though and report back.  Thanks for reminding me about this game XD

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatking

Oh man now I feel like I missed out.  I remember always seeing that box in the bargain bin, probably because it is really old, but never really looked at it.  I'd give it a try if they made a new one.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Cerza

I also loved Enclave back in the day. I wouldn't mind a new one, but they'd need to do some major updating.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

Just took a look at the main page:

"Enclave II; a direct follow up and sequel was announced for Xbox, PlayStation 2, Gamecube, and PC, but was later canceled apparently due to licensing issues." 

That doesn't sound good to me.  I guess it means that it sold well enough to warrant a sequel though...

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ArchScabby
    @HatKing said:
    "

Just took a look at the main page:

"Enclave II; a direct follow up and sequel was announced for Xbox, PlayStation 2, Gamecube, and PC, but was later canceled apparently due to licensing issues." 

That doesn't sound good to me.  I guess it means that it sold well enough to warrant a sequel though...

"
    Well that sucks, it's dumb that the reason it didn't come out was licensing issues.  Licensing sucks man.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking
    @ArchScabby:
    Yeah that is strange... I couldn't imagine what licensing issues an original IP could have though.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

So would John Henry Eden. 

Get it?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @natetodamax said:
    " So would John Henry Eden.  Get it? "
    Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah. America... the Enclave is back!
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ
    @natetodamax said:
    " So would John Henry Eden.  Get it? "
    Bah Dump Pssh
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

I think you children mean Dick Richardson. The original Enclave president of Fallout 2.

STICK TO THE ROOTS, NOT THE RIPOFFS.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By DJJoeJoe
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Man I just stumbled back onto this game someone, and completely forget I'd already added it to my Raptr library and also posted here lol. Weird. Definitely have strong but very vague memories of the game, I did play it when it released but at a time in my life where I really didn't get 'into' games fully. I'd play a game a ton and love it but then 10 years later realise I'd only played like half of it etc, what with the no internet it was hard to tell how to fully play some games and I never had friends that played along side me that much so there was never that pressure or need to keep playing a game or even knowing if someone had done something else with the game or gotten farther etc. 

Watching some gameplay from the game gives me that terrible feeling where you know it's familiar but can't place exactly any sort of vivid memories, just a strong sense of deja vu. The game made me feel good, I know that much, just the graphics and visual style made me very happy is what I do remember, lol. So rare do I get that completely blind good feeling from games anymore, twas a simpler time playing games at a younger age.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.