Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Enter the Matrix

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2003

A third-person action game which intertwines the stories of The Animatrix, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

CR Enter The Matrix aka WTF Did They Do To The Matrix?

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know whether to call this an abomination or want one more than a Klondike Bar.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good reminder to watch those final hours of Matrix Online again..."Knee Oh!"

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I've been to Japan and I still don't understand Pachinko.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What would you doooo for a Klondike Bar.

"Would you take the red pill?"

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That fever music is garbage, but I would totally buy one of these if I had a stupid amount of disposable income.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

"What did they do to The Matrix?", everything after the original movie was an abomination. This seems better than the entirety of Matrix Reloaded.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's only one true "Enter the Matrix" game, and it was incredible.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notdavid: Right? The music and sound effects are kinda garbage but the machine itself is sort of beautiful, atleast to me. I would kill just to have it sitting in my living room, even turned off.

@fisk0: Meh, the other two had their place. Sure they jumped the shark big time and retconned some really weird shit. But Smith taking over the Matrix, program by program, was actually a fairly good representation of how a virus infects a system, though at a much slower rate. Not to mention Matrix Reloaded still has some of the best scripted fight scenes ever. The biggest bummer to me was when they started the whole, 'fighting in the real world, while you fight in the Matrix.' The whole robots storyline seemed dumb and tacked on. The first movie barely made mention to it and then the other two movies were almost obsessive about it. Seeing anime characters in a Matrix game though... Eh.... I think that tops those other two movies.

@davidwitten22: Yeah, I was one of the weird people who really liked it too. I loved the ideas they had behind it, showing scenes that were happening at the same time as the movie. Plus I actually found the gameplay really satisfying.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played Enter the Matrix but Path of Neo was some pretty dumb fun (until the ant maze level).

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm not surprised. Slot/Pachinko machines is big money and they license everything for those and there is literally no reason too... one slot/pachinko machine is the same as any other realistically speaking.

As for actual Matrix games- ya Enter the Matrix I remember being really ambitious and dumb fun because of it even if it didn't quite work as well as it intended. Path of Neo was a bargain bin game I got once and... holy crap was that game terrible. I think I still have it somewhere.

But, ya. Licensing out movie properties is big business. Since they kind of ruined the films with the sequels being kind of meh they can make that back in other ways like licensing it out for slot machines.

I remember when I went to Vegas once my favorite slot machine was 'Family Feud'- just because of how it played. It's still a slot machine.

I kind of like how this Matrix one is like an FMV slot machine. The design of the machine itself is pretty incredible, too, like someone else here said.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: I only remember a handful of things from EtM, but I remember an airplane hangar full of Smiths that would randomly break like something you'd see in Gary's Mod today. It was amazing fun to futz around with. I seem to remember they tried to recreate the highway scene too and that level was near impossible to play half the time. Far from a great game but still one of my favorite memories.

@corruptedevil: If you liked Path of Neo you would most likely love Enter The Matrix. PoN seemed a bit of a back step when it was released, like they were trying to shell media out just for the sake of possibly hitting gold. I like PoN, don't get me wrong, but they played it crazy safe and sadly it didn't pan out to be a great game, where as EtM they went crazy ambitious and things went hangwire in places, causing it to be hit and miss with a majority of their audience.

If you want to try playing it, I suggest trying to hunt down the PC version, while it's probably the most broken, it's also the only version that seemed to work without having to lose crazy amounts of progress. The console versions had game breaking bugs that would cause you to restart the entire game to get past.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kkotd: By no means was PoN a great game, maybe not even a good one, but for 5$ it had a pretty good combat system, and the first half of the game is very enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.