Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 05, 2012

The 4th entry in the Etrian Odyssey RPG series, and the first for the 3DS.

Your FOE story

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

By now most of us has some crazy story of getting in to FOE fights. Here my 2 cents.

Was fighting two FOE deers and than I got a message saying the mother deer was super piss. I thought I could sneak away by using some smart maneuvering but the damn thing took 2 steps instead of one so half way to the exit it was right on my ass! Also I found some dead soldiers tell me that the mother deer is going to kill me O_o. Luckily I had an item that warps me to an exit. Thank god!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

In the Moth Forest (or whatever it was called) I was maneuvering around motionless giant Moth FOEs. Confident they weren't going to move start moving anytime soon, I started to explore. Not long after, I entered into a fight and it was going just peachy. Then, with one enemy left, a Moth FOE joined the fight! Panicked and confused by the motionless FOE joining the fray I immediately try to escape.

No dice.

Another Moth FOE joins the battle and I think, "the hell is going on? These things don't move!". Confusion caused me to look down at the map screen for the first time since the battle started and I am surrounded on all sides by Moth FOEs (and a tree but s/he doesn't count). At this point panic has all but set in and escape is the only option. Luck was on my side as I manage to get out of the battle. With one problem averted, a new one appears: all surrounding squares are occupied by a Moth FOE (and again, that tree)! Fortunately I didn't forget to bring a Ariadne Thread this time and I got the eff out.

Live and let live, right Moth FOEs? No! I went back and got my revenge. None were left alive. All traces of that forest's fauna were destroyed by my guild!

EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well I was going through the Moth Garden as well, but had been there several times and killed quite a few of the Moth FOEs (including a rare breed one that was a huge pain and took many tries). I was trying to find where I had to go for the quest that takes place in there, and could not find it at all. I decided to just kill all the moths and see if anything happened.

So, I snuck up behind one for the free initiative and attacked. It was about one turn away from death when the other 2 moths in the area reached me. Now I've just finished off one FOE and am fighting 2 completely fresh ones. It turned into quite a grueling battle, but I barely managed to pull it off, being nearly out of TP when the second one went down.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Turambar

I killed the Hollow Queen, and realized I forgot to bring a thread after the fight. Yep.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got trapped in between two of the crimson bears in B3 of Lush Woodlands. No thread.

Welp.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By redyoshi

That mother deer was pretty damn scary, the way it skipped spaces and jumped over water in the maze. I managed to bind its legs but that roar move made my party attack itself. I just barely beat it, my front line had about 3 TP each and my Runemaster was just about dead.

I really just can't wait until I can stomp through those damn kangaroos on the world map, I am sick of tip-toeing around them. I got fed up and took one on, had it in its weak animation and would've killed it in one more round but I had no nectar to revive my Sniper. So without armbind it pulled off one of those boomerang punches to wipe out my front line.

happymeowmeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Was hired by the locals to take care of a baboon problem in the ol' forest mine. They didn't tell me about King Baboon. This ornery cuss of a primate had me on the ropes in about 3 seconds, laughing at my attempts to bind his body parts. Then he reached into his nethers and pulled out two "healing roller" bugs, and I knew things would only get worse. K.B. knocked us over like bowling pins, defensive buffs and all, then regenerated his health while he laughed at our corpses.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

In the Moth Forest (or whatever it was called) I was maneuvering around motionless giant Moth FOEs. Confident they weren't going to move start moving anytime soon, I started to explore. Not long after, I entered into a fight and it was going just peachy. Then, with one enemy left, a Moth FOE joined the fight! Panicked and confused by the motionless FOE joining the fray I immediately try to escape.

No dice.

Another Moth FOE joins the battle and I think, "the hell is going on? These things don't move!". Confusion caused me to look down at the map screen for the first time since the battle started and I am surrounded on all sides by Moth FOEs (and a tree but s/he doesn't count). At this point panic has all but set in and escape is the only option. Luck was on my side as I manage to get out of the battle. With one problem averted, a new one appears: all surrounding squares are occupied by a Moth FOE (and again, that tree)! Fortunately I didn't forget to bring a Ariadne Thread this time and I got the eff out.

Live and let live, right Moth FOEs? No! I went back and got my revenge. None were left alive. All traces of that forest's fauna were destroyed by my guild!

Yepp, this was my exact situation. I thought I could handle the one that joined, but then the second came. It was just too much. My first real wipe in a dungeon :< Still gotta go back to that and progress.

Rastopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have plenty of FOE horror stories from the older games in the series. Back in the day, running away from a FOE moved you backwards 1 space. If your back was to a wall then running away was impossible and you had to fight it out. That usually ended in tragedy.

I also remember my first wall eye in EO3. You don't see those until the 6th stratum (post game) and most likely when you first encounter one you won't have very much of the floor mapped. I didn't, so I didn't realize that the eye looking at me made every FOE on the floor aggro me. They will never stop chasing you until you leave or are dead. By the time I learned what was going on, it was far too late. Those guys were mean...if I remember correctly they had a petrify on your whole party attack that they loved using. Good times.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have plenty of FOE horror stories from the older games in the series. Back in the day, running away from a FOE moved you backwards 1 space. If your back was to a wall then running away was impossible and you had to fight it out. That usually ended in tragedy.

I completely forgot about that. Oh thank god this game has changed that...

My latest FOE experience involves chasing down the flying cufflinks after I had recently retired my party. Low lv 30s in the 4th stratum is risky enough, accidentally running into invisible FOEs was a death sentence. It started off with a party wide blizzard attack that brought the entire party to red. Turn two, it repeated, killing off everyone...or so I thought. I had forgotten that via bushi subclasses, I had given endure to both the landshark and the nightseeker, allowing to revive with 10 hp. Next turn, the landshark escapes, and I warped the hell out of there.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar: Wait until you get to the end of that quest. I got an FOE horror story out of that one. Definitely the hardest fight I've had so far.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: If you mean the chameleon king, already been there. Took him on for shits and giggles, and it went about as well as you'd expect considering I'm lv 35 at the moment. Well, actually it went better since I managed to keep him blinded half the time. Sadly, I ran out of TP for refresh waltz.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperWristBands

@turambar: Yeah, that's the dude. I had no luck keeping a status effect on it and it kept bringing in allies. Took me two tries and was just no fun. Sometimes it seems to be able to attack 4 or so times in one turn and ignores taunt while doing so. Usually when it does so, it kills my landshark and two of my back row characters. I don't know if there is a trick to camouflaging enemies but they are a pain in the neck.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Turambar
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SuperWristBands

@turambar: What does that stop them from doing? Turning invisible?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: Leg bind significantly reduces evasion, resulting in almost guaranteed hits. When the lizard turns invisible, they aren't unhitable, just very hard to hit, and having leg bind on them beforehand makes it not too big of a deal.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar:Ah, okay. Makes sense. Binding is one of those things where I just don't know exactly what they all do. Head seems to stop magic abilities and arms seems to stop some attacks and leg to prevent some other attacks while also preventing escaping and now I know it also lowers evasion.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Turambar

@turambar:Ah, okay. Makes sense. Binding is one of those things where I just don't know exactly what they all do. Head seems to stop magic abilities and arms seems to stop some attacks and leg to prevent some other attacks while also preventing escaping and now I know it also lowers evasion.

They all basically prevent enemies from using skills that require that part of the body, often effectively shutting down enemies and even bosses. Which bind to use is pretty intuitive: use head bind on spell casters or guys that buffs alot, arm bind on enemies with big beefy looking arms, and leg bind on enemies that have beefy legs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.