Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Euphoria Engine

Concept »

NaturalMotion's Euphoria Engine is a system that combines physics simulation, artificial intelligence, and hand-made animations to create convincingly reactive game characters. Euphoria is best known for its integration in Rockstar Games releases and the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed franchise.

When are we going to see this in more games?

doonee63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By doonee63

Other than Backbreaker, that is. It was really awesome in gta 4, even though that was the first time it was ever used in a "big" game.

doonee63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By doonee63

Or was it the second time?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Karmum

Well, the Euphoria software was also featured in Star Wars: TFU. I don't know any other upcoming games that will feature it, aside from Backbreaker. It is rumored that it might be in PES 2010, though.

PlayingMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PlayingMantis

I hope more games start using Euphoria...this is the revolution in character realism that games need.

Imagine how great the next Batman game from Rocksteady would be if they added this to the enemy AI!   I'll be checking out Backbreaker when it comes out, and I may just have to pick up Grand Theft Auto IV and Star Wars the Force Unleashed. 

jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jjbiggs
    @Doonee63: I think Red Dead Redemption uses it for the people and animals.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

I hope to see this used in Max Payne 3, it made for really satisfying shooting in Red Dead and seeing it be implemented in a actual shooter could be really awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.