Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

DROPPIN A BOMB ON IT: An Arts & Crafts Competition

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kinggiddra

Due to some generous donations from community members over the last week, Kite Co. will be holding its first ever Arts & Crafts competition! This content will be open to any member of the community interested in EVE. The rules are simple: you must create some sort of Giantbomb/Kite Co. themed arts & crafts project. If your project is entirely computer generated, it will be held to a much higher standard than anything handmade (don't bother submitting Minecraft stuff). Document your creation of the project for applicable entries. Please post your finished project in the thread along with a short explanation of the project (don't forget to show your work). Now to the fun part, prizes!

Grand Prize

EVE Starter Pack CD Key, 100 million ISK, 3 fitted frigates, special in game corporate title

Runner Up

50 million ISK, 3 fitted frigates, not as special in game corporate title

Participation

Each participant will receive an in game medal for participation (everyone is a winner!)

The contest begins... right now!

The contest ends... May 26 June 2 and winners will be notified shortly thereafter.

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

time to bust out the body paint

jjacobsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jjacobsson

Is the special corporate title "Probably a Spy"? Cause otherwise I'm not playing.

And, please @avaren, leave the body paint in the shed where it belongs!

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Body paint encouraged!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

No Caption Provided

Drew it just now with Muro.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, Tomiko mentioned in Jabber that this might be extended an extra week. If that's the case, I might have an idea for something...

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably going to extend this into June so everyone has a chance to make "something." Macaroni art is encouraged as is finger painting.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

Good, if it's going on another week I may be able to come up with something, not quite sure though.

Avatar image for chronicthehedgehog
    ChronicTheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely get on this right away. Just found out about it and it sounds like a fun thing to work on.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By mrflibble
    No Caption Provided

I made some pictures using my PS Vita.

No Caption Provided

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By English

Thanks Tomiko for the suggestion to submit the videos I've made here. Unfortunately I am not a 'crafty' person and creating digital media is more to my taste :)

All videos were made with sony vegas +

In order of creation:

First Recruitment video I made for Kite Co. I had only gotten in a couple of fleets and hadn't tried recording any in-game footage yet, so I made this in After Effects and added some general eve video footage to it.

Loading Video...

Kite Co. Space Trucking at War - I made this video when we were getting lots of wardecs. It was also an opportunity to try recording footage from our fleets and make a video. PVP videos bore me so I wanted to have a bit of a narrative/story in the video apart from things blowing up. I made this all in Sony Vegas since my workflow is a lot faster in it for basic stuff. The outro from the first video is the only after effects used here.

Loading Video...

Progress - Couldn't think of a good title that would sum up what this video is, so that was what I chose. This was my most recent video made with a combination of sony vegas + after effects. I had a bunch of stupid ideas and decided to try putting them all together. Hand animating the moving kite co, concord, and enemy corp icons over the wrestlers heads must have taken at least a couple of hours alone. In the future I will try to use after effects movement tracking where possible :P

Loading Video...

Kite Co Moves to Null Security - A documentary of Kite Co's official move from Orvolle to Poitot. Didn't capture mumble audio unfortunately, so had to do a lot of text narration.

Loading Video...

Kite Co in EVE: Odyssey - Wanted to make a video for the odyssey expansion that might get people who are interested in it, into the game and potentially the corp. Themed it around the idea of 'more'. Wanted to include odyssey as well as recruiting for kite co so I broke it into 2 parts: the first half about changes in odyssey and the second half focused on the changes with the corp.

Loading Video...

LilMikeyDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LilMikeyDotCom

Hows about this:

No Caption Provided

Here's the image since it's hard to see on the shirt:

No Caption Provided

I guess I was also supposed to include a bit on how it was made... I used inkscape for the complicated parts; the pod, storage containers, and kite. Based the pod and containers off of in game images found on google images and freehanded the rest. Then used photoshop for the background blob, text, and planets. Then printed on a Canon MP500 to an Avery dark t-shirt transfer and ironed onto an el-cheapo gray T-shirt from Khols.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@english said:

Thanks Tomiko for the suggestion to submit the videos I've made here. Unfortunately I am not a 'crafty' person and creating digital media is more to my taste :)

All videos were made with sony vegas +

In order of creation:

First Recruitment video I made for Kite Co. I had only gotten in a couple of fleets and hadn't tried recording any in-game footage yet, so I made this in After Effects and added some general eve video footage to it.

Loading Video...

Kite Co. Space Trucking at War - I made this video when we were getting lots of wardecs. It was also an opportunity to try recording footage from our fleets and make a video. PVP videos bore me so I wanted to have a bit of a narrative/story in the video apart from things blowing up. I made this all in Sony Vegas since my workflow is a lot faster in it for basic stuff. The outro from the first video is the only after effects used here.

Loading Video...

Progress - Couldn't think of a good title that would sum up what this video is, so that was what I chose. This was my most recent video made with a combination of sony vegas + after effects. I had a bunch of stupid ideas and decided to try putting them all together. Hand animating the moving kite co, concord, and enemy corp icons over the wrestlers heads must have taken at least a couple of hours alone. In the future I will try to use after effects movement tracking where possible :P

Loading Video...

These promo videos are amazing!

mrangryeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Props to the videos, they are awesome!

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hows about this:

No Caption Provided

That is awesome! I did not know you could do that with a home printer. I have a pretty nice canon pixma I've never even used so I'll have to look into that!

LilMikeyDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LilMikeyDotCom

So no one is going to take a picture of poo, tint it gray/green and call it a Dominix...

I'll be that guy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.