Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Massive Apology From CCP CEO

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikkaQ

It's that time again, folks. Time to read more weird developments about the odd ginger cousin of the MMO world, Eve.

After massive community backlack over the last expansion which added micro-transactions, an avatar you can move around a little room, and other changes the Eve players weren't keen on, it seemed like Eve was heading in an odd direction.

In what seems like forever after this backlash and is probably the result of many meetings both with the in-game player council and internal CCP meetings, the CEO of CCP has issued a huge apology on the dev blog. Check it out here: Link

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It's sad the some of the bitter vets are still so bitter about all of this. I've forgiven them. I've moved on. I still love playing the game. I was really looking forward to WiS, but whatever. I'm fine with the changes they're introducing this winter and CCP will have my money for the foreseeable future.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ravenlight
    @XII_Sniper said:
    http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid;=2672&utm;_source=newsletter66&utm;_medium=email&utm;_campaign=newsletter66&sp;_rid=OTI5NTM5NDY2OAS2&sp;_mid=37163737 Damn mobile phone site!
    Couldn't copypasta that link. Working one here.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

@Ravenlight said:

@XII_Sniper said:
    http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid;=2672&utm;_source=newsletter66&utm;_medium=email&utm;_campaign=newsletter66&sp;_rid=OTI5NTM5NDY2OAS2&sp;_mid=37163737 Damn mobile phone site!
    Couldn't copypasta that link. Working one here.

Thanks, creating a topic like that on a phone is dreadful.

Sacerdos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sacerdos87

I read this when it first got posted on their site. It's nice to see the CEO take responsibility for their actions rather than blame the fans or others for not wanting what they wanted to push on us as players. I enjoy EVE because it covers a genre that no other mmo truly covers well, a sci-fi universe.

To have EVE improve itself and remember its customers but not having to go the route of doing micro transactions on everything and forgetting what brought all the people to the game in the first place, its something I look forward to CCP accomplishing plus DUST 514 being integrated into the EVE universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Incidents like this really should be applauded. These days, there's not a whole lot of an ability for a customer base to really hold people accountable, and for the player base to speak up with such ferocity like the EVE community has in recent months, and actually be listened to, is a pretty incredible thing that everyone should remember. EVE was headed in a pretty odd and unfortunate direction, and we shouldn't get upset that a lot of players finally stood up, and with their elected representatives, demanded it stop.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coakroach

Good on him for being humble about the whole ordeal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.