Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Use My Buddy Link. Get More Free Time and 200 Mil ISK.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

Hey duders. EvE has a buddy program that gives you a 21 day trial instead of 14. If you use my link when signing up, and go so far as to pay 15 bucks for your first month, the time get's added onto the 21 days (so 51 days for you), and I get a reward called a PLEX that can be sold on the market for around 400-600 million.

I'd be willing to split that with whoever uses my buddy link and subscribes. It's a lot of money for a new player, and not bad for me as well. Here's the link:

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=63adcef8-6203-4424-a0ef-8522acf94e21&action=buddy

If you play the 21 days, and EvE isn't for you, then no sweat. No strings attached. You still got 21 days free. ;)

In addition, there is a new Giant Bomb corp that has started up with a decent amount joining it, and I believe Dave Snider is going to be a part of it as well, judging by the recent podcast.

Thanks guys!

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

FYI for new players. The item he gets sells for 500~ mil isk. Hold out for 250m. Welcome to EVE. =)

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Stimpack

http://www.eve-markets.net/detail.php?typeid=29668

Under sell is about what you can expect currently. I just sold one two days ago for 530 million. It was on the market for about 5 minutes. Good luck, guys.

*edit* Also this is all benefit for them. To be honest, I personally believe that the people offering the PLEX should get a lesser percentage. You're the one buying the month of gameplay and signing up using their link. Literally all they have to do is post a link and get isk, so it's not like they're really doing you any favors. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Most people offer half.

You know what? I'm sitting here talking about it when I can actually do something about it instead. Use my link and I'll send you 80% of the profits, and maybe we can team up together. (thought don't expect me to be too great, as I am still rather new.)

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=dca82fde-285d-4122-9b23-29111bb088dd&action=buddy

*edit II* Also the game's starter pack constantly goes on sale for $5, which also waives the $5 activation fee on top of giving you 30 days which is added to the 21 day trial. That's your best bet, but don't expect to get any isk after activating through the starter pack for obvious reasons.

*edit III* Those obvious reasons might not be obvious to someone starting out, I guess. Activating your account through the $5 starter kit makes the invitee ineligible for the PLEX item needed to get the isk in the first place.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cluter

Crap. I always see the good deals after I sub :(

bobo14988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thank you ive accepted the buddy invite.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mast: Welcome to EVE online? :P

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Speaking of, what is going on with EVE? I haven't been able to login all day and their website is not even responding.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newhaap said:

Speaking of, what is going on with EVE? I haven't been able to login all day and their website is not even responding.

They've been DDOS'd so they took down the servers to do scans.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stimpack

@lassieme: @mast: Damn, I was going to say Welcome to EVE Online.

but on a more serious note, I just don't entirely understand why people act like there needs to be some sort of 50/50 cut when the guy buying the game is doing all the work. Not meaning to step on your toes, just trying to do what I perceive to be more fair. Also we're posting this for the Giant Bomb community, and I like our community. I don't want people here to get screwed over.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr_creeper
    TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mast: Well, with that attitude, now you're definitely not inspiring any confidence in wanting to help you out.

Just because someone else is being a bit of a jerk doesn't mean you have to act like one along with them.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akyho

Pyramid scheme comes to mind and those arnt too friendly to the bottom rung guy who buys into it with his money. Your outburst dosnt play well into making people think your not trying to screw people over.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MAST

@akyho said:

Pyramid scheme comes to mind and those arnt too friendly to the bottom rung guy who buys into it with his money. Your outburst dosnt play well into making people think your not trying to screw people over.

Man, I almost want to delete this thread. My whole purpose was to help new players, including me. I'm not a veteran. All anyone has to do is just click the link when they sign up, and we both get an equal amount of money. If anything, I'm going through more effort to try and sell the thing on the EvE market than they are going through by just having to click the link.

If you really think this is even at all comparable to a pyramid scheme, you are crazy. Not only that, this is something supported on the EvE website. I didn't create this concept. The people who created EvE did. It's no different than the "refer a friend" stuff in World of Warcraft. Except that I can actually give some of this back to the person I 'referred."

If you think something is dirty about this, then repost all of it on the EvE forums. Everyone will tell you this is pretty normal, and above board...

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho: @stimpack:

Also, I've had about a dozen people do this so far, and no one has had a problem with it yet. Everyone got their half of money, and was perfectly happy and kind about it. You guys are acting like I'm committing some crime, when no one I've dealt with thus far feels the same.

Why don't you actually pick battles for things that are a real problem, and matter, instead of this?

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mast: Dude, you need to chill out. I'm not even going to read what you have to say, because I honestly don't care and neither should you.

I'm offering what I'm offering because I like the community and I want to help. That's my reasoning, and now you know. That's now the end of our discussion.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mr_creeper
    English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this bullshit is exactly why affiliate links are banned on most forums (or at least have very strict rules), because it encourages spamming and promotion of your own affiliate link and now people are arguing over it.

@mast You said @stimpack should post in his own topic. As if that helps in any way. Then we have 2 buddy link topics + the buddy links in the stickied posts. Then I decide I want to get a little isk and start my own topic. Pretty soon everyone's posting there own affiliate links and spamming the eve forum to hell.

If you don't want other people posting affiliate links, then don't post your own. Your own topic isn't some amazing write-up that took you hours to create that @stimpack is now leeching off. It's just one topic where you get the first word, and users have to scroll down to find his post. Not a big deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.