Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F1 2011

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 23, 2011

F1 2011 is a the sequel to Codemasters first F1 game, F1 2010. It features updated teams and drivers as well as the new rules of the 2011 F1 season.

Great game

Rabbykayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rabbykayn

Sad this place is such a ghost town!

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FongGhoul

Seriously! I picked this up on release date. Never played an F1 game but just started watching this year and haven't missed a race.

I'm loving it so far. I immediately turned all the assists off because I didn't want to train myself to rely on them. LOTS of spins and crashes for a solid hour, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. These cars are TOUGH to handle, but so satisfying once you start to know their limits by "feel."

Driving in traffic, fighting for position on turn one, and braking late to make a clean pass all feel amazing. I have really started to feel the differences in tires (and differences after some wear) also. Haven't really played around with car setups too much yet. Great racing game - more people should be playing it (and watching F1).

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I dont plan to get it anytime soon but I would like to when its cheaper. I have some interest in racing games, though I am awful which is why I dont want to spend money on an F1 game, but it looks like it could be amazing fun if I can get into it. Especially the co-op campaign part, I love the idea of blocking to let my teammate through ruining my own time/placing.

Im just wondering if I can play it, given some time and focus I play some "sim-y" (like Forza and Gran Turismo) racing games at an ok level with traction control, anti-lock bracking and stuff turned on (Though I dislike braking assist since I can feel it) but I feel like an F1 game might be too much ahead of me to let me enjoy it and get my money's worth.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By capt_ventris

Absolutely loved F1 2010 just have to wit till the end of the week to afford 2011!

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DumbFounded

Dont suppose anyone with the Steam version knows if this uses GFWL for the multi-player bits or am I safe just in Steam?

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By grayfox1210

Well when the game boots up, GFWL. Haven't had the chance to go online with it yet being that I'm still learning all the tracks. Add Grayfox1210 if anyone wants some friendly competition on the PC.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mosespippy

I know it's a great game but I can't help but think $60 is too much for the north american audience. Most of the F1 races take place in the middle of the night here so the audience is small. A budget price point would help drive sales and populate servers.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By ethan_raiden

Have any of you guys got any issues with the difficulties, rookie and intermediate seem too easy, and professional and legendary are too hard, I find it tough to stay at a position I should be, like when I'm racing with virgin, on the first two difficulties I'm coming 1st or 2nd, but then as soon as I use the harder ones I just can't keep up what so ever. I dunno, I think they could have done more work on the scaling.

Avatar image for nihilisticmonkey
    nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nihilisticmonkey

@Ethan_Raiden said:

Have any of you guys got any issues with the difficulties, rookie and intermediate seem too easy, and professional and legendary are too hard, I find it tough to stay at a position I should be, like when I'm racing with virgin, on the first two difficulties I'm coming 1st or 2nd, but then as soon as I use the harder ones I just can't keep up what so ever. I dunno, I think they could have done more work on the scaling.

You got all the assists turned off? 20% races? I'm with Lotus and I find it much more challenging than F1 2010 when it comes to positioning in quail and racing

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By ethan_raiden

@nihilisticmonkey:

I think I use the standard settings so I have ABS and traction control turned on, I turn the racing line off though, I actually race the 100% races :P I'm really into F1, love using good tyre and fuel strategy, I've found a weird thing thats helped me out with the difficulty though, when you start the career the interview guy asks how much of a challenge you're looking for, and as far as I can tell that doesn't affect the AI difficulty that you can change in the menu, so I chose the hardest option in the interview and then put the difficulty on rookie, and now it's working really well.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contro

I'll be getting this on PC next year, there are too many other games I want this year.

The 3DS version looks quite cool... It's a shame there isn't a Vita version till next season, I would buy that for sure.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By capt_ventris

Bit of a necro post but is anyone playing this on PC? I've finally managed to get some time to play it.
    Anyone interested in racing?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.