Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3, Bethesda = FAIL

bulletclip6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bulletclip6
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Riddler

k. have fun bitching while everyone else enjoys the game

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47
    bulletclip6 said:
    "

i blame bethesda for not making the ps3 version up to par with at least the 360 version. i know that they had a year later start for developing it due to oblivion. that just means they should have pushed it back. i am aware that their probably would have been an outcry from ps3 owners, for not being able to play it when everyone else does. but still they should have gotten it right.

"
    I didnt get the PS3 version (got the 360), but i do agree with you. And at the very least they should have pushed back the PS3 version to get it up to par with the 360.
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AaronBelfast

Just give me a patch and I'll be fine.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AaronBelfast

Also if you want to complain take it up with them, it's no use complaning to us.

Link

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Also if you want to complain take it up with them, it's no use complaning to us.

Link"
    What he said. ^^
    upside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By upside
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Just give me a patch and I'll be fine."
    Same here. I'm not too bothered about this.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kratos81

If I only had a ps3 I would be pissed also, but I will just buy this for the 360 instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Man the ps3 always gets the short end of the stick for muliplatform games, I`m not sure who to blame it on but I heard it`s alot more difficult to develop for the ps3 then the 360.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By shadows_kill

i have the ps3 version and only problem is that when you get a alert message it pauses til it vanishes...

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Bucketdeth said:
    "Man the ps3 always gets the short end of the stick for muliplatform games, I`m not sure who to blame it on but I heard it`s alot more difficult to develop for the ps3 then the 360."
    A lot of games nowadays develop for the PS3 and then port over, such as Mirror's Edge.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shadows_kill
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Bucketdeth said:
    "Man the ps3 always gets the short end of the stick for muliplatform games, I`m not sure who to blame it on but I heard it`s alot more difficult to develop for the ps3 then the 360."
    A lot of games nowadays develop for the PS3 and then port over, such as Mirror's Edge."
    ALL EA games too. (mirrors edge is EA)
    lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lamegame621
    bulletclip6 said:
    "

i blame bethesda for not making the ps3 version up to par with at least the 360 version. i know that they had a year later start for developing it due to oblivion. that just means they should have pushed it back. i am aware that their probably would have been an outcry from ps3 owners, for not being able to play it when everyone else does. but still they should have gotten it right.

"
    Why is it that nobody can seem to make a PS3 game on time or on par with its Xbox 360 comparison? I dont have a PS3, but this is still pretty ridiculous...
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shadows_kill
    lamegame621 said:
    "bulletclip6 said:
    "

"
    Why is it that nobody can seem to make a PS3 game on time or on par with its Xbox 360 comparison? I dont have a PS3, but this is still pretty ridiculous..."
    i think some games look better on ps3 but idk why its like this. only reason i can think of is that 360 came out first and that there used to it and say its harder to make it on ps3 cause there not used to it or its different...
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By Davvyk

You just cant win. People bitch if you delay people bitch if you release side by side

jarryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jarryd

well if you think about it, bethesda had one year less to make the ps3 version so if you consider that the problems with that version are only minor, its actually quite an impressive feat

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JJpenguin

My cousin works at Ubisoft Montreal (I don't see her often) but she tells me that developing PS3 games isn't too difficult from the ground up. What happens is that the 360 supports hardware that allows for streamlining of certain processes, whereas the PS3 lacks this, favouring a higher focus on detail. This means that ports from PS3 to 360 make little to no difference unless the 360 can't handle it from a technical standpoint. On the flipside, 360 to PS3 comes with a lot of issues requiring a full 're polish' of the graphics, audio, and gameplay to avoid any possible bugs.

Bethesda suprised me with the PS3 fallout, they did a great job with oblivion, but now I guess the 360 gets 'the good one'

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

JJpenguin said:
    "My cousin works at Ubisoft Montreal (I don't see her often) but she tells me that developing PS3 games isn't too difficult from the ground up. What happens is that the 360 supports hardware that allows for streamlining of certain processes, whereas the PS3 lacks this, favouring a higher focus on detail. This means that ports from PS3 to 360 make little to no difference unless the 360 can't handle it from a technical standpoint. On the flipside, 360 to PS3 comes with a lot of issues requiring a full 're polish' of the graphics, audio, and gameplay to avoid any possible bugs.

Bethesda suprised me with the PS3 fallout, they did a great job with oblivion, but now I guess the 360 gets 'the good one'

:)"

Well, the Oblivion port took a little while to make its way to Sony's machine--it wasn't like that title was available on the Playstation's launch day. 
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_
    JJpenguin said:
    "My cousin works at Ubisoft Montreal (I don't see her often) but she tells me that developing PS3 games isn't too difficult from the ground up. What happens is that the 360 supports hardware that allows for streamlining of certain processes, whereas the PS3 lacks this, favouring a higher focus on detail. This means that ports from PS3 to 360 make little to no difference unless the 360 can't handle it from a technical standpoint. On the flipside, 360 to PS3 comes with a lot of issues requiring a full 're polish' of the graphics, audio, and gameplay to avoid any possible bugs.

:)"
    Is your cousin Jolie Monret? Just wondering.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Riddler said:
    "k. have fun bitching while everyone else enjoys the game
    "

yep deal with the differences you cant blame them but they tried and will update it soon
    davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By davecuk

They didn't have a year later start due to Oblivion, 4J Studios ported that to the PS3. The only reason they can have for it not being as good on the PS3 as it is on the 360 is that they aren't as good as some other developers at understanding & making full use of the PS3 hardware.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Omega

Stop complaining. I have no sympathy for you, as a 360 owner it's kinda nice that at least one cross platform game actually looks better on 360 it doesn't happen often...ever.

Why don't you go play some MGS4, Little Big Planet or Uncharted while I sit and wait for my 360 to be repaired (3 weeks now) before I can partake in the holiday gaming orgy you all are having.

Seriously boo fucking hoo.

now I'm going to go play kingdom hearts 2 and the rest of the games in my ps2 pile of shame. (it truly is a monolith of half finished games.)

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By atejas

PS3 version has crashes and glitches
    360 version has tearing
    PC version has continual crashes.
    Beth dropped the ball on this one, it's becoming pretty clear.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    bulletclip6 said:
    "

"
    Totally agree man.
    They have  no excuse, after Oblivion, they cannot go back and say : hey we are new to the ps3 etc.

I say MS paid em  scrwe the ps3 version :P
    Wasnt going to get this game for  a long time, but after all the reviews i m not ever going to get this game.

FUCK BESHADA I M NOT GIVING MY MONEY TO LAZY DEVELOPERS!
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Demilich

They should have just kept it on PC like all the other Fallouts and not deal with the crap from developing on a console.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Demilich said:
    "They should have just kept it on PC like all the other Fallouts and not deal with the crap from developing on a console."
    /o\ / 0  \ /o\

illigal copies ftw?
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By atejas
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Demilich said:
    "They should have just kept it on PC like all the other Fallouts and not deal with the crap from developing on a console."
    /o\ / 0  \ /o\

illigal copies ftw?"
    Wai-wha?
    Also, lol, expecting exclusivity out of Bethsoft.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpecTackle
    Demilich said:
    Yeah... except for that one abomination that carried the Fallout name on console.

Really though, not putting it on console would have been a pretty poor business move seeing how well Oblivion sold on said platforms.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

I think if they're going to put the game out on the PS3 then they should at the least make a good job of it. If they aren't going to put out a quality product then why even release it.

At the end of the day I don't really care because Fallout 3 is the last game I would ever choose to play but y'know - developers need to start taking the PS3 seriously now.

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JJpenguin

I wonder if it's cost effective to put additional time into the PS3 versions versus the 360/PC (Which i can imagine would sell way more)

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Player1
    Riddler said:
    "k. have fun bitching while everyone else enjoys the game
    "
    exactly my thoughts.
    HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By HoldSteady828

rabble rabble

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By atejas

I'm getting the Steam version now, hopefully it'll run reasonably.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By Driadon
    JJpenguin said:
    "I wonder if it's cost effective to put additional time into the PS3 versions versus the 360/PC (Which i can imagine would sell way more)"
    Ding ding ding, we have a wiener. With the hardware the PS3 has, programming for the thing can be a bitch and something tells me that that is why Bethesda was so negative about the PS3 (as is Valve).
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By atejas
    Driadon said:
    "JJpenguin said:
    "I wonder if it's cost effective to put additional time into the PS3 versions versus the 360/PC (Which i can imagine would sell way more)"
    Ding ding ding, we have a wiener. With the hardware the PS3 has, programming for the thing can be a bitch and something tells me that that is why Bethesda was so negative about the PS3 (as is Valve)."
    The game was probably lead developed on PC, and if so, that means it uses DirectX.
    PS3 uses OpenGL.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Driadon
    atejas said:
    "Driadon said:
    "JJpenguin said:
    Ding ding ding, we have a wiener. With the hardware the PS3 has, programming for the thing can be a bitch and something tells me that that is why Bethesda was so negative about the PS3 (as is Valve)."
    The game was probably lead developed on PC, and if so, that means it uses DirectX.
    PS3 uses OpenGL."
    I hear there is also some finicky problems with the Cell processor and most programing languages. As to what those problems are I have no idea as it does support both C and C++ which is commonly used when it comes to modern programing.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By keyhunter

I'm enjoying my perfect flaw free version(s) of TES 5: Washington DC. Why aren't you? Oh wait.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Relys

It's not their fault the PS3 programming SKU is inferior. :)

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By KingBroly

Bethesda isn't very good at bug testing.  Oblivion had a TON of bugs when it launched, but those were eventually fixed for the most part.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.