Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

PS3 version bugs that bad?

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AutomaticSnake

I also got a 360 but i dont wanna get it for that cuz its too laud and could get RRoD anytime with this long game. So if i get it its only for PS3, but i heard PS3 version if full of bugs. if it really that bad?

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

That... really has to be the worst reasoning I've heard.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422
    AutomaticSnake said:
    "I also got a 360 but i dont wanna get it for that cuz its too laud and could get RRoD anytime with this long game. So if i get it its only for PS3, but i heard PS3 version if full of bugs. if it really that bad?"
    Well yeah it could.....but not using it for that reason alone makes no sense what so ever. You're alternate to that is just never using it? I don't get it....and from what I've heard besides the colors being more flushed out and less draw distance there has been graphical glitches/bugs noted from every single version of Fallout 3, and crashes on every single one. I got the PC version and I have no problems what so ever, but my friend has it on PC and has crashes a lot, same with a few people I know on 360, one is completely fine, someone else has crashes and bad tearing and graphical glitches. I'd say just get it for whatever, but not getting it for 360 specifically for that makes no sense.
    KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KindGalaxy

Just judge for yourself, have you had issues with other multiplatform games on the PS3? Personally, I've not had any issues and multiplat purchases for me are more on the PS3/PC than the X360 lately. Though in Fallout 3's case I bought it for PC. Your 360 will red ring regardless of game, I've had two red rings; without a game disc even in the drive. So yeah, grab it for whatever you're comfortable with, look at your past experience with multiplat games (Burnout, GTA etc.) and go from there.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Get the 360 version. I have the PS3 version and it's SO glitchy. I mean, it won't ruin the game if that's all you can get, but if you can get the 360 or PC versions, that's definitely the choice to take.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ltcoljaxson

If you have a good PC (4.8 rating on vista) then get it for PC. It is compatible with Live and the 360 controller, but the mouse and keyboard are great. It's awesome on PC if you can run it.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By AutomaticSnake

lol why all the negative ratings? my 360 is seriously laud, when it has a disk inside it sounds like a jet engine, while my PS3 is dead silent. This is also my second 360.... first one died... so its hard to buy games for it. im sure getting gears 2 though :P

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate
    AutomaticSnake said:
    "lol why all the negative ratings? my 360 is seriously laud, when it has a disk inside it sounds like a jet engine, while my PS3 is dead silent. This is also my second 360.... first one died... so its hard to buy games for it. im sure getting gears 2 though :P"
    you angered the masses bro -its what happens, you lucky they didnt call the locusts on you.
    The bugs so far for me havent been a problem -bar one freeze in the 'family' base and one time when for some reason head shots resulted in the whole world being covered by giant red triangles, kinda think like an occlusion filter gone horribly wrong.

A quick save and then reload solved that one though - as far as the rest goes mate ive just enjoyed the game
    foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By foxhound421

i had originally put Fallout 3 on my Gamefly list a long time ago for the PS3 and after hearing about all of the supposed bugs and glitches i decided to get it for the 360 instead. BUT by the time i went to GF to change it they had just shipped the PS3 version. i haven't played the 360 version so i can't compare the two. i can say that i'm enjoying the hell out the game on my PS3. i haven't experienced any slowdown, framerate drops or anything out of the ordinary. the game does pause itself when you get a PSN alert, and i did have to reload my save when taking the GOAT exam. nothing that alters or breaks the gameplay at all.

if you played Oblivion (on any platform) you'll know what to expect as far as graphical quirks. it's the same engine, for better or worse. given the sheer scope of the game i can overlook a little clipping or a few texture pops-ins every once in a while. if you want it for PS3, get it. it's awesome. people always make a bigger deal out of this stuff on the internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.