Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Trip Down Tranquility Lane (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zereta

I've been playing Fallout 3 slowly now. Its a game that put me off completely in the beginning as it was too...god...RPG-y for me. Well, I got back into it and have been playing it at a steady pace. Just managed to find Vault 112 just now (A Pain that was...God damned Raiders and Super Mutant Behemoth) and went to Tranquility Lance and God...

Was a that a Life Changing Experience or what?

Well, that's obviously an exaggeration but my experience in Tranquility Lane was something I had never experienced in a game to date. The premise was brilliant. The use of Betty as the so called 'Villian' was pure ingenious.

I had been playing a good character throughout my journey here and when 'Betty' started asking me to do all sorts of things, I just did them. Slowly, I lost Karma and then BAM! I need to kill Mabel creatively.

This took me a while to do as I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I ended up killing myself in her house at one point, activating the Security Systems but as I was playing around in the house, I realized I could interact with the Chandeliar. I'll be damned. That was the key. I went to search for Mabel and got her to enter her house and sure enough, tinkering with the chandeliar paid off. It fell on Mabel, killing her, making me lose more Karma in the process.

I did meet the Old Lady and I knew I could go find some Terminal in the Abandoned House. I went in and apparently, I'm supposed to interact with the objects in a particular order for the Chinese Soldiers to come but I couldn't get the order right. I ended taking up the mantle of the Pint Sized Slasher and killed everyone.

This was a particularly emotional moment for me, perhaps the most emotional moment for me in a video game to date. Fallout 3 has really stiff character animations and despite that, the characters running away from me, a mere child in this simulation, and screaming as I killed them...asI killed them really struck me hard. And as I killed the last person, a part of me broke down inside. Had I done all that? It was supposed to be a simulation, I likened it to the commercials that were used in the Fallout 3 commercials showing a happy wondeful life and I killed all those people living those lives.

Just something that made me think... Did anyone else have a similar experience in Fallout 3, in this particular incident as well?
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zereta

I've been playing Fallout 3 slowly now. Its a game that put me off completely in the beginning as it was too...god...RPG-y for me. Well, I got back into it and have been playing it at a steady pace. Just managed to find Vault 112 just now (A Pain that was...God damned Raiders and Super Mutant Behemoth) and went to Tranquility Lance and God...

Was a that a Life Changing Experience or what?

Well, that's obviously an exaggeration but my experience in Tranquility Lane was something I had never experienced in a game to date. The premise was brilliant. The use of Betty as the so called 'Villian' was pure ingenious.

I had been playing a good character throughout my journey here and when 'Betty' started asking me to do all sorts of things, I just did them. Slowly, I lost Karma and then BAM! I need to kill Mabel creatively.

This took me a while to do as I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I ended up killing myself in her house at one point, activating the Security Systems but as I was playing around in the house, I realized I could interact with the Chandeliar. I'll be damned. That was the key. I went to search for Mabel and got her to enter her house and sure enough, tinkering with the chandeliar paid off. It fell on Mabel, killing her, making me lose more Karma in the process.

I did meet the Old Lady and I knew I could go find some Terminal in the Abandoned House. I went in and apparently, I'm supposed to interact with the objects in a particular order for the Chinese Soldiers to come but I couldn't get the order right. I ended taking up the mantle of the Pint Sized Slasher and killed everyone.

This was a particularly emotional moment for me, perhaps the most emotional moment for me in a video game to date. Fallout 3 has really stiff character animations and despite that, the characters running away from me, a mere child in this simulation, and screaming as I killed them...asI killed them really struck me hard. And as I killed the last person, a part of me broke down inside. Had I done all that? It was supposed to be a simulation, I likened it to the commercials that were used in the Fallout 3 commercials showing a happy wondeful life and I killed all those people living those lives.

Just something that made me think... Did anyone else have a similar experience in Fallout 3, in this particular incident as well?
    Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

i liked tranquility lane, the first time i played fallout 3, i killed all of them also, after i did i was like WTF!...but the next two times i played it i got the chinese army there, and since it says spoilers in the title ill say what happens with the chinese army....SPOILER AHEAD...they kill everyone also, so either way everyone dies....theres a town called Andale, that if you go to, youll want to kill everyone, and you wont lose any karma, i think you might gain some? im not sure.....and the oasis quest is actually very interesting

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Tranquility Lane is one of the more effed up parts of the game.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I've heard a lot of people talking about how memorable Tranquility Lane was for them, and I feel a bit odd because I never really thought much of it until now. 

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech

I... can't really pinpoint the reaction that I felt on that mission, but damn. It was something different. Being in the Wasteland for so long and entering this simulation was confusing and slightly terrifying. I'm pretty sure that it upped my love for that game a ton after I completed it.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zereta

Re played the section but doing it the good way now. Not quite the same effect but seeing all those Chinese Running around killing everyone felt odd.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By one_2nd

Definitely my favorite part of the game so far. Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I just finished it and had to see what others thought about it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.