Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

What happens after you complete the main quest?

N7Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By N7Joker

I just picked up the GOTY edition and was wondering what happens upon completion of the main quest line. Does it just end like FO:NV? Should I do everything else before the last mission of the main quest?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since you have the game of year edition it should transition straight into the Broken Steel expansion.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jdh5153

If you have Broken Steel installed you can keep playing.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless you don't install Broken Steel, then it will just end like New Vegas.

N7Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, thanks for the help. BTW I'm enjoying FO3 way more than NV, best ten bucks I ever spent!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Just in case it doesn't get fixed, which I seriously doubt, there's plenty of cues that the final mission is just that so you have to wrap up everything else. Save before agreeing to it, then see the finale & jump back to the save & go run around the rest of the world. Still think NV is better but barely, both are great fun & GLHB!

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By boj4ngles

If I remember correctly the main quest line in FO3 is much shorter than in NV. You can roll through it very quickly and then be stuck in the awkward spot of almost having finished the game and then running off to explore everywhere. I'd recommend finishing all your exploration south of the Potomac before you go into the Capital Mall. The game's story feels more cohesive that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.