Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Discuss and share your favorite guns!

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

I love making weird toys.

Right now, my favorite is "Lightshow", an Institute Rifle with the scatter-shot muzzle on it, and the incendiary damage effect. I use it as more of a DOT focused shotgun, when I have to deal with overwhelming amounts of ghouls in open areas.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I found an explosive combat shotgun and tricked it out with the best mods. It has a damage rating of over 100 and basically breaks the game on any difficulty below Hard because of how devastating it is. I renamed it The Terrible Shotgun as I've done with every better shotgun I've gotten in the game, to keep up the legacy of the best gun in Fallout 3.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LawGamer

I have a weapon I've renamed "The Big Bang." A 10MM pistol that does 20 points of explosive damage. I've modded it full up with the best grip, best receiver, circle reflex sight, best long barrel and extended quick mag. I could pretty much use only that weapon but I don't because it makes the game too easy. It's great for blowing off limbs though. I can blow off the lower half of almost any ghoul in one shot and just leave it lying there.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

When faced with strong enemies I always went back to my old friend the six crank laser musket (named Mr. Cranky). It takes seven eternitys to reload, but it does insane damage.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I love the Overseer's Guardian.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When faced with strong enemies I always went back to my old friend the six crank laser musket (named Mr. Cranky). It takes seven eternitys to reload, but it does insane damage.

I found an Instigating Laser Musket pretty early on, which does double damage if the enemy has full health. With a 6 crank it's like opening every fight with a 12x headshot and could pretty much one shot everything on Hard up to about level 25-30, even without any points in the non-auto perk :/

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've got a hunting rifle that freezes enemies on crit. Not the most powerful but awesome for when I'm fighting a legendary with lots of HP - and it looks cool when they freeze solid and topple over.

Force crit to freeze them, then run up on them with my jacked-up, perked-up 10 milly and put 8-10 in their head point blank.

j4yk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like my gun Boom! Headshot!. Its a sniper rifle and gots its name to differentiate from all the other snipers I get.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By odinsmana

@jimbo: I have one with the 25% damage bonus, but the biggest damage boost comes from the fully leveled sneak attack perk combined with the Deacon companion perk that combined gives my sneak attacks a 4x damage buff. :) (The instigater still sounds sweet. Would love to combine that with the sneak attack multiplier)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Eh.

Once you dig into the gun/crafting system you quickly realize there are actually very few truly unique guns. They all use the same few base frames, a modifier if they dropped from a legendary creature, and the same set of upgrade options.

So essentially all you are really comparing is that unique bonus modifier, be it preset or from a "legendary" creature.

Like sure, I have an insane sniper rifle that shoots two bullets per shot so with sneak attack head shots i just one shot everything even legendaries (most times just body shots are enough even on hard). But in the end all it is is the same basic hunting rifle base + double shot bonus + top of the line mods. And 99.9% of weapons are just that. So there is hardly ever a reason to change your arsenal unless you get lucky with a better unique modifier.

Aside from that there are a few truly unique weapons in preset locations (cryolator, shishkebab), but those usually have very few upgrade options

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

2-bullet hunting rifles are imba as fuck

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I upgraded my Deliverer and it's great! The suppressor goes well with my sneak-focused style and the lowered AP cost means I can get a whole clip into someone's head in a single VATS use.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Think my absolute favourite is the railway rifle (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Railway_rifle_%28Fallout_4%29) which shoots railway spikes. The rifle is amazingly effective. It can simply break power armor with one hit and take about 30 to 40% of persons health at the same time. Though it is pretty hard to find ammo for the gun.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The spray and pray you buy from cricket with sneak is awesome !

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo: I have one with the 25% damage bonus, but the biggest damage boost comes from the fully leveled sneak attack perk combined with the Deacon companion perk that combined gives my sneak attacks a 4x damage buff. :) (The instigater still sounds sweet. Would love to combine that with the sneak attack multiplier)

There's also 2x damage on enemy with full hp, I have that attribute on .50 cal sniper rifle.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got a Pipe Revolver that fires two bullets at once at around level 15 and have been using it up till now (I'm level 40). It's really good.

LiquidElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidElite

I've got a Chinese Officer Sword that is serrated and electrified, it also has the instigating perk which does double damage if the target is at full health. I haven't finished optimising my melee build yet but currently it's damage is at roughly 240 with the first hit doing 480 dmg. I've named it Kedavras' Arm (since it pretty much one shots everything)

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a lot I like: combat rifle, sniper, fully modded 10mm, but they're nothing exceptional like you guys have posted........but that alien blaster I found is fucking op. It melts death claws pretty damn fast, they usually don't get to me before they're blue ash, lol. It's my "holy shit!" go to gun.

TJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TJK

got a combat shotgun with 150 base damage and double crit damage and high rate of fire. A hit of jet and 10 seconds of spamming pretty much ruins every enemy

RagingFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a Gauss Rifle that fires two bullets in one shot. It does 932 damage with psycho in the system.

Yup.

TJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow everybody has a double bullet gun. Never seen them before.

GrizzledWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GrizzledWolf

Mostly been rocking "Kremvh's Tooth" sword with the melee perk fully upgraded. Usually cuts down raiders in one or two slices. My night vision ported .50 sniper is pretty damn good too.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Righteous Authority laser rifle that does double damage on a crit was my go to weapon. Along with Kellog's Pistol.

I actually really enjoyed using the double barrel shotgun. No special attributes to it and only upgraded about half way. It's just really fun to use and works great in VATS.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A 6-crank laser musket with a modifier that shoots an additional projectile, meaning it's practically a 12-crank. I can kill enemies with skulls on their names in about 1-2 hits.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do the double-projectile weapons use two bullets per shot?

Sneakybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@quipido: 1 ammo per shot. But the damage is double of what the inventory says.

I started using an instigating 10mm silenced pistol

Moved onto an overseers guardian with reflex sights

I've just finished the game with a standard gauss rifle that does silly damage. (600ish)

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite weapon is a hunting rifle with 15% extra damage that I called DONALD'S TRUMP and I'm pretty pleased with that.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Upgraded Deliverer for my Splinter Cell sneaking times, my upgraded combat rifle that's basically a sniper rifle that fires faster.

My 80-round assault rifle I named Exterminate! because it has that legendary modifier against Mirelurks and stuff (Also I enjoy saying the name in a Dalek voice randomly sometimes. I'm not weird, you're weird). Though I think I picked up a double bullet version so I may upgrade that for general purpose fightin'.

I also have an automatic and silenced cryo shotgun that I named The Ice Age. "Chill Out" was also on the table.

Lastly, I got the Broadsider that I renamed to "FIRE!" I have yet to actually use it though, mostly because I don't have much ammo for it, but I love how dumb it is.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebluthcompany said:

I love the Overseer's Guardian.

Same. I converted it to .308, swapped the scope for a reflex site, and slapped on the rest of the level 4 mods. It's wicked awesome. I also carry a silenced, staggering 10mm pistol, a cryo combat shotgun, and a plasma sniper rifle.

I've found the laser weapons to be pretty disappointing. Maybe it's a bug or something, but it seems like half the hits with them don't register. I've tested the Righteous Authority laser rifle against raiders several times. One-on-one, no cover, getting good hits, watching their health bars - and like half the hits don't deplete their health. Eventually I just quit using it.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found an explosive pipe rifle and immediately named it Shitty Fireworks. It's garbage but I love it.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna say after getting my camp happiness to a 100 it was a good fun to ring the town bell to gather everyone and then drop 10 nukes on them! Good old Fat Boy does it for me.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was real excited to get my hands on that Overseer's Guardian after the posts in this thread. 3 Fusion Cores later, I'm now stuck putting my perk points into stuff to help me save caps and find more of them. Oh well. Soon.

Got a 10mm Pistol Legendary that does additional energy damage. Working on building it up to replace my current mainstay 10mm.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I think Kellogg's pistol is probably my favorite. I modded it up a bit and it's a joy to use in medium range with a headshot. Haven't gotten any double bullet guns, though.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

My current weapon of choice is the Righteous Authority with a collection of more or less contradictory mods on it.

• A sniper rifle barrel for long range and high damage (but lower ammo capacity)
    • A short-mid range reflex scope so I can get 5 or 6 shots off in VATS with 1 AP bar
    • A pistol grip so my Gunslinger perk can boost its damage

I should probably get around to putting some points into perks for rifles and/or automatic weapons so I can start building guns that make sense.

*PS: Does the sniper perk boost damage for pistols with scopes or is it just rifles? Also, shotguns fall under the rifle category when it comes to perks, right?

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I never actually found one in my first playthrough of the game, (and could not even now tell you where to get one aside from cheating).

The Ripper remains my favorite non anti-material rifle weapon in these games. Especially now that there is no durability system.

It is immensely satisfying to take on melee units by holding down the trigger and spinning in a circle until they are all dead. Like some kind of perverse ballet.

Its not really a great weapon in that for any enemy with decent hp. Your "gonna slowly grind down your hp bar" attack is outmatched by their 'gonna unload this gatling laser directly into your face" attack. But still walking into a mole rat ambush and spinning 3 times and then going "welp, guess I got em all!" is hilarious every time I do it. Same with ghouls.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

A .50 cal sniper rifle that shoots an additional bullet every time. Combine with sniper and commando perks and most things die from one shot to the head, even on very hard. If I'm sneaking I don't even need to get a headshot

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not that impressive but I have a 10 mm pistol that fires two bullets at once, I've modded to be very lethal. it never leaves my armoury as I seem to have an endless supply of 10mm ammo but the shotgun shells, .45, and energy cells seem to be constantly low.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fetchfox

On my current character I've only been using melee weapons and unarmed. Anyone tried it? It's a hell of a rush when fighting groups of deathclaws and mutants on survival. Jet and Psycho are a godsend, if that's your thing. The weapon variety is unfortunately lacking.

I guess my favorite weapons are the super sledge and General Chao's Revenge.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I found a .50 cal hunting rifle in a cave. Upgraded it with a Markman's Stock, a night scope and longer barrel. First I named it Zakhaev, but then I changed it to Pripyat. I usually target people's arms with it.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bane
    No Caption Provided

I found this beast the other day. It didn't come with all the mods, I had to add most of them. The damage is crazy, even better than my Overseer's Guardian with the two bullet perk. Edit: that's not true. I looked again last night and the shotgun does 274, Overseer's Guardian does 360 (180 x 2), and my plasma rifle does 240.

I've also found two weapons with the unlimited ammo perk: a hunting rifle, and a laser rifle (the Prototype UP77 "Limitless Potential"). The perk doesn't actually work on the hunting rifle because it's a bolt action (I assume), but it works great on the laser rifle. You can shoot all day long and never have to reload, it's kind of crazy. Edit: ... and it's also hugely wasteful. Normally you'd get a dozen shots or so per fusion cell, but with the unlimited ammo perk you get one shot per fusion cell, you just never have to reload. That makes the perk either broken or useless for energy weapons.

The unlimited ammo perk doesn't work with companions (edit: because it burns through fusion cells like crazy). I thought I had found the perfect companion weapon, but no. They still need ammo for it.

Edited after taking another look at the unlimited ammo perk and my weapons

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.