Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Does fast travelling annoy anyone?

michaelsuen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hi all,

Is it just me who's getting annoyed with fast travelling, specifically how they place you straight into an area full of enemies rather than close by? I understand having to respawn enemies, but especially if i've chosen a stealth build, it makes it really annoying to be immediately fired at from all sides. I'd be alright with it if it stuck me close to enemies where i'm hidden for at least a while.

I have found that travelling to areas like farms prevents this, but for areas without any close by it just kind of sucks. Maybe that's the design of the game? Any opinions? Thanks!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I dont think that's ever happened to me. But I also wouldn't care much and just shoot em all. :/

Does it really happen often enough to be a bother?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I've probably fast traveled 1000 times and actually been put in the shit upon arrival like... twice? Also remember if you enter stealth before you fast travel you will arrive in stealth.

I mean yeah, I guess if you're playing on a difficulty high enough where healing resources are extremely scarce and the enemies are strong enough to kill you it could be a bit annoying, but it happens so infrequently and being able to fast travel is otherwise so convenient it's real easy to ignore this extremely rare bit of open-world jank.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually, I don't have any issues, but sometimes it is frustrating.

Just a day or two ago, my buddy Preston sent me to help some settlers. They wanted me to clear out the Super Duper Mart for like the 100th time, so I oblige because I'm just that darn nice. I fast travel there and I see a few ghouls, no biggie, my boy Danse and I quickly clear them out. Before I have a chance to go in the door to the SDM, I'm dead. No idea how. Reload, fast travel, dead again. Something is just killing the crap out of me. So I decide to fast travel to the Red Rocket Gas Station just north of there and I walk it.

Turns out I was teleporting right into a battle between raiders and a Super Mutant Behemoth. How I kept not seeing the Behemoth is a mystery, but there you go.

I think that's been the only time that I fast traveled into something that I couldn't handle.

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Every time I travel to the diner/store place (can't recall the name) I'm immediately shot by two raiders in the woods. They aren't particularly threatening at this point, but it's annoying.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never had an issue with that one. Honestly though, I can only see that being an issue when trying to play an uber-specific build, so I assume that Bethesdas problem-solving time was spent elsewhere.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's happened to me one time and I put a bullet in all the mother fuckin super mutants who tried to pull a fast one on me. No problem.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There is one place(I forget the name) where the fast travel point dumps you next to a bunch of radioactive barrels and gives you a bunch of rads before you can do anything about it. I'm far enough into the game that I have more radaway and mutant hound chops than I can use but its still kind of annoying when it does something dumb like that.

michaelsuen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: I mean, i'm able to take them out, but with ammo being a bit scarce it's annoying. Also, seems to be happening to me much more than for others (3 out of every 10 times). Maybe it's due to me binging on the missions assigned by the guys at the Police Station where i'm supposed to clear out areas? I guess they do need a bunch of people on the outside of the facility to give it a bit more of a challenge. Not sure though...

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's not really being warped to an area with enemies that I find annoying with Fast traveling in a Bethesda game. It's more of the completely arbitrary "rules" on how to fast travel. How often you have to go through load screens to get to the point that you want to go if it's something like clearing out a building. Or the very trivial rule of you can fast travel when inside a building and as other have stated when you fast travel into enemies, yet the game refuses to let you subsequently travel away from them. Why, you just let me fast travel into danger?

Just let me fast travel when i want, to the place I want, and without being blocked when I attempt because of some bloatfly is a block and a half away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.