Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Favorite Quest Line (Spoilers)

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think one of my favorites is the Robot Pirates where you repair their battleship that is parked on top of a building only to have them park it on a taller building like a mile away. The actual gameplay isn't great or revolutionary as you just fix something, defend, fix something, defend, etc. but the characters and dialog is fun and enjoyable.

What are your favorite quest lines?

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Never breaking character as the silver shroud was fun.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Moonshadow101

The Cabot House line is a neat little mystery. I'm also a fan of the Chinese submarine, and the "Human Error" mission on covenant.

Really, though, the stories I like most aren't really quests, so much as they're the little narratives embedded into locations. Every time I enter a new vault, I'm on a personal mission to sort out what that vault's deal is.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonshadow101: have you noticed when reading some consoles that the dialogue just cuts off at the bottom of the screen? Like there's supposed to be a second page but there's no function to switch to it? It's infuriating because sometime the text is really interesting and it just stops abruptly.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@moonshadow101: have you noticed when reading some consoles that the dialogue just cuts off at the bottom of the screen? Like there's supposed to be a second page but there's no function to switch to it? It's infuriating because sometime the text is really interesting and it just stops abruptly.

The text usually continues you just have to button down (press Enter on PC) rather than hit back. Then the screen will refresh with the next screen.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strathy: believe me, I've tried. It'll just cut off in the middle of a sentence or word and won't continue. Maybe it's just a bug I'm exoeriencing.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

The Devil's Due has really stood out to me. It takes place in Salem in a witch museum and there's Lovecraftian things all over the place up there. It's really atmospheric. Also you get a pretty badass melee weapon if you choose the right thing at the end.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think this was just for a common "clear the raiders for the Minutemen" quest, but I got the the quarry where the raiders were hiding out and the deeper I got into it I started having visions of this weird mass sacrifice that happened in there. If you read the raider gang leader's (the guy who's named that you have to kill to complete the Minuteman quest) terminal his entries get more and more unhinged as time goes on, repeating "I am safe in the light" over and over. You then fight a bunch of named ghouls that are mentioned in logs you find from 2077 implying that they were once miners that worked in this quarry, but they got caught up with this weird cult. I wasn't scary or creepy really, but I really liked what they were going for.

I also really enjoyed The Silver Shroud. I played it totally as The Shroud until Kent got captured then I dropped the facade, got down to business and managed to save him by using the "Kill me first" speech check.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex:The second page can be reached by hitting "E" or "Enter." If that doesn't work, you have a problem.

@clairvoyantvibrations: I remember that. There was a vaguely lovecraftian location in FO3 too, I like that they've continued the trend.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made the mistake of playing the game for, like, 80 hours before doing the quests so, by that point, all the quests just seemed boring. Not the fault of the game, but it was like, "UGH. Go get this? Come back? Go get another thing?!? I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE".

I'm giving it a break.

I think my favorite quest was the one that ends with the introduction of the Brotherhood of Steel. That part where the airship flies overhead, and the music is playing, is the best moment in the entire game, in my opinion. I really loved how it sounded heroic and powerful, but still threw in that minor chord at the end of the bar to let you know that the Brotherhood is still "off". They're not heroes.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bananasfoster: I'm kind of in the same boat at this point. I've only done enough main story quests to get the prydwen to show. I have almost the entire map filled out and am about 70 hours in. I'm kinda getting burnt out.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't expecting Fallout 4. The way I tend to play those games is to wander around and fill up my quest log and then do the quests I find interesting. If I manage to complete the main, core game... it's incidental. But Fallout 4 can't be played that way, apparently. Pretty much all quests come from the main quest line. By the time I got a little beyond where you are, I had no motivation to continue because NONE of the quests were interesting and NONE of the quest givers were likable. There's not really even a "well, I'll go do this because the conversation or response when I complete it should be entertaining". It's just, like, "do this and we'll check that off the list". Very dissappointing.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@bananasfoster said:

I made the mistake of playing the game for, like, 80 hours before doing the quests so, by that point, all the quests just seemed boring. Not the fault of the game, but it was like, "UGH. Go get this? Come back? Go get another thing?!? I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE".

I'm giving it a break.

I think my favorite quest was the one that ends with the introduction of the Brotherhood of Steel. That part where the airship flies overhead, and the music is playing, is the best moment in the entire game, in my opinion. I really loved how it sounded heroic and powerful, but still threw in that minor chord at the end of the bar to let you know that the Brotherhood is still "off". They're not heroes.

I fully agree with how Bethsoft dropped the ball on the lore about the BOS, how Paladin Danse described them it made me cringe to how far it was from the original lore which was much more interesting. Fallout New Vegas was the real Fallout 3 for me when it comes to the story. And yes the quest design still has the same flaws like in Fallout 3. However for this game I ended up playing this game without fast travelling as wandering the wastes of Massachusetts is pretty fun.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bananasfoster said:

I'm giving it a break.

I fully agree with how Bethsoft dropped the ball on the lore about the BOS, how Paladin Danse described them it made me cringe to how far it was from the original lore which was much more interesting. Fallout New Vegas was the real Fallout 3 for me when it comes to the story. However for this game I ended up playing this game without fast travelling as wandering the wastes of Massachusetts is pretty fun.

I kind of wonder if there is a secret plan to do the same thing as New Vegas with Fallout 4. There would have to be, right? I feel like, tonally, Fallout 4 was WAYYYYYY off the mark for a Fallout game. I feel like they would only do that if there was another one coming up that would allow the other elements to re-enter the series. Specifically, just the level of silliness that the Wasteland is supposed to offer. Fallout 4 plays it pretty straight.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not exactly a quest but one of my most memorable discoveries was the quarry very close to Sanctuary. Sorta spoilery as people might not have stumbled into it, but I'm guessing a lot of people went there early on and did the very mediocre "help me repair the pump" quest (which ends with fighting some residing mirelurks). Anyways, if you let time pass by and return, not only is the quarry drained but the guy you helped out has become the crazed leader of a band of raiders occupying it, and they've also domesticated a bunch of mirelurks.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Nardak
    Stef_QA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stef_QA

@vandersexxx: Yeah well you know Danse has his own interesting stuff going on....

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: Oh shit no. I didn't even explore the room with the weird devil cult sacrifice. I just killed the ghouls and moved on.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clairvoyantvibrations: if you didn't go back yet, there's an underwater cavern in the pool with a sacrificial dagger. Enjoy!

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: I'll do that! Not playing a melee character but I do like me some unique weapons!

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm terribly disappointed that none of the side quests were of the same quality Fallout 3's were...

Avatar image for underscore_underscore
    Underscore_Underscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The endgame faction side quests lead to some interesting moral decisions, but my favorite is by far the silver shroud. Stood in character the whole time, totally worth it

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vandersexxx said:
    @bananasfoster said:

I'm giving it a break.

I fully agree with how Bethsoft dropped the ball on the lore about the BOS, how Paladin Danse described them it made me cringe to how far it was from the original lore which was much more interesting. Fallout New Vegas was the real Fallout 3 for me when it comes to the story. However for this game I ended up playing this game without fast travelling as wandering the wastes of Massachusetts is pretty fun.

I kind of wonder if there is a secret plan to do the same thing as New Vegas with Fallout 4. There would have to be, right? I feel like, tonally, Fallout 4 was WAYYYYYY off the mark for a Fallout game. I feel like they would only do that if there was another one coming up that would allow the other elements to re-enter the series. Specifically, just the level of silliness that the Wasteland is supposed to offer. Fallout 4 plays it pretty straight.

I'm just hoping that when Obsidian asked Bethesda if they could do another Fallout game Bethesda said yes

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So far, it's the Robot Pirates. I feel like that one harkens back the most to the original Fallout, where everyone in the world was just a *little bit* insane from the whole experience of living in a post-nuclear wasteland. The idea that robots with an inability to follow their primary directive to defend the *actual* Constitution go nuts and reinterpret their order by deciding to act like a bunch of jolly tars and defend the *USS* Constitution, tricorn hats and all, is just the right amount of weird.

Beyond that, I've found the quests majorly disappointing. Way, way too much "Go to place X. Kill/retrieve/destroy thing Y. Return for reward Z." I wouldn't find that so much of a problem except that almost all the time the only way of completing the quest is to go to place X, kill/retrieve/destroy thing Y and return for reward Z.

I miss the lateral thinking that you could do in the original. Don't want to fight that all those Raiders to rescue the girl? Sneak in and pick the lock. Or challenge the leader to one on one combat. Or dress up in a leather jacket and convince everyone you're the spirit of the leader's dead father come back for revenge. Or just redeem the girl with a shit ton of money.

TheFakePsychic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 18

I really liked whatever the quest was that you get by reading Nick's files and then working one of his cases. I hope there are more like that, because "Nick Valentine and Piper's Muckraking of Diamond City Simulator 2015" is what I've discovered I actually want out of this game. Too bad about all the rest of it.

TalkingCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human Error by far, Learning the truth about the Convenant and me sympathizing them but kinda not because they killed innocents and toture and i cant betray honest dan i think that was his name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.