Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Mods are live on XB1!

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nasher27

Apparently the servers were getting hammered all day yesterday, but by the time I got on late in the evening everything appeared to be working fine.

As an experienced Oblivion/FO3/NV/Skyrim modder (who no longer has a gaming PC), I was worried about the lack of any script extender support, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised at what people have done. Only real issue is the current 2GB cap on mods (not for single mods, that's cumulative). One of the most popular mods up right now is a modern weapons mod, and at nearly 1GB that's taking up half those peoples' space with one mod. The good news is that most of the gameplay tweaks I've downloaded have been in the KB ranges.

I'm curious as to everyone's experience with Bethesda's website and the whole system. The mod browser on console (accessed through the main menu) works fairly well, with the ability to download and favorite mods. The browser on Bethesda's website could use some work, it's functional but lacking in comparison to Nexus sites. One cool feature is that it lets you add mods to your library when browsing on PC, so you can easily download them from "My Library" when you boot up your console without having to search for them again. This will be especially useful once they improve the functionality of the online mod browser.

I've only had one crash to dashboard so far, and that was when I was messing with my load order randomly. It will be interesting to see how they handle load orders, as those are usually managed automatically by mod managers when you're modding on PC and are the root of most crashes and incompatibilities.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how long until its full of perverted nude mods like the Pc?

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@oursin_360: Nude mods are against the TOS for console versions.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kingpk

Never really messed with mods before in games, but they've built a nice setup. Found a mod where you can teleport to any companion which is handy because I have NO fucking idea where Piper went.

I might download a few radio stations (the big band one sounds promising), but I usually just listen to podcasts while exploring.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I wonder how long until its full of perverted nude mods like the Pc?

lil' judgey here, ain'tcha? not nude, but they've already got bust enhancers, because of course they do:

No Caption Provided

I hope someone makes a bulge-enhancer for dudes.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpk: Oh that companion one sounds nice. I don't lose track of companions too often but always panic when I do.

I'm playing on PS4 so I'm going to need to wait a while before arrive, but the interface and implementation seems really nice.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: They've stated PS4's mod support will launch this month, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were a week or two late.

The good news is that it doesn't sound like it takes much effort on the part of the developers to port mods that are already out on PC to XB1, so I suspect the PS4 will be no different. There's close to a thousand mods uploaded already and the official launch was yesterday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.