Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 14, 2001

Fallout: Tactics is a tactical squad-based roleplaying game set in the popular Fallout universe, in which the player commands a squad of militaristic technologists known as the Brotherhood of Steel in conquering the post-nuclear wasteland of the midwestern United States for sake of the last vestiges of so-called "civilized humanity".

How can you Get Fallout Tatics To work ?

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So a while ago I bought the fallout Collection ( 1 Disk version off Amazon) and reccently tried playing Fallout Tatics but when I try to, the computer says "Please insert a fallout Tatics cd" even if I have my Fallout Cd in the disk drive. So I would be grateful if anyone could give me help to get this game working.

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buy it for $3.99 on GOG? (though unfortunately you're too late to get it for free)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did a little digging around and this is a known issue with fallout tactics on the fallout trilogy collection and the GOG version. Some people get this bug, some don't.

Your options are:

• Re-install the game.
    • Look for a more recent patch than what the collection has built in. (Fallout 2 is not fully patched on the Collection Disk, maybe Tactics isn't?)
    • Try running the game from the install directory without the disk in the drive.
    • Get a crack for it so you can play without the "disk."

I have the exact same Fallout Trilogy collection you do. My tactics failed the install half way through and I had to abort and try again. And when it was finally installed there was no sound or music when I played it.

Yes I mentioned cracking it. I will speak no further on the subject lest bad things happen to someone.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

since u bought the game, i think it might be legal to install a crack

don't think of it as a "piracy" think of it as a mod ;)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If you got it installed and it is still coming up with the error maybe you should try looking for a patch that allows you to play the game with no-cd required. I did that after I installed warcraft III cause it was a pain in the arse to keep on finding my cds and putting them in everytime I wanted to play the game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I mean you could get it to work.. but why would you want to?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The gog version works, and is undeniably "meh"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.