Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Co-op troubles

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kaos_cracker

So I been going through this game and actually getting all the trophies and then decided to start playing the co-op. Is it just me or does it seem kinda broken? You can't pick a map and search for a server, unless you have a co-op buddy, and finding a map that you need to play is rather hard sometimes. Then playing the co-op has a bunch of bugs that kinda make it difficult to play. After a while I was able to get through it and beat them all since I finally found a decent group, but was anyone else have problems with co-op? Like have bugs where you just randomly die or not being able to progress due to a bug?

not trying to make it seem bad, game is one of my favorites this year, just the co-op part seems pretty bad to me.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By djou

Oh yeah, totally agree, the coop is broken. I downloaded the 1.3 patch for PC and it still doesn't work. Picking a map and difficulty is not an option. Also my weapons upgrades were glitched, I would play and get level-ups during a mission which would not be reflected in my loadouts. After five hours of play I was stuck using level 1 weapons. More than once I had to quit a game because of a glitch or one of my teammates dropped out because of the same. One time we were setting bombs only to find when we got to the last one that all the previous bombs had disappeared. Supposedly this is being patched but I don't imagine it will be anytime soon. You may need to wait for the trophies or struggle through.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By kaos_cracker

Eventually I was able to luckily join a map that I needed and ended up finishing it. But having times were you have to do an objective and it won't let you continue because the scripting stopped, or riding a zip line and all of a sudden you just die, it sucks. It's probably playable if you have a group to do a private game with though, not sure.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Only issue I ever had was that if you join even seconds after it starts you wont get the points for finishing it.  

And one time the game hard locked in Co op. Thats it. 

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By RawknRo11a

Yea, kinda sucked because I played the first four chapters early in the day last sunday with randoms and went to finish up the co-op that evening and would always get put in a room on either the first or second chapter... finally got into a game wheree everyone quit and made me the "host" which allowed me to select the level. then I just had to wait for more randoms to join and finished the last two chapters.

Kinda a pain in the ass, really needs a way to filter by chapter or let you start a new public game for others to join.

Other than that, had a issue where after the bomb game on the ATVs the game stopped scripting and we just ran around an empty map and couldn't continue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.