Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Signature Weapons

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By yevinorion

Anyone gotten any of the Signature Weapons yet? They look like they're all pretty awesome. They seem to all be based off an existing weapon with a specific set of attachments that you cannot edit along with a set paint job and increased stats. So far I've only unlocked the one that's for the Uplay reward, the Cannon. It's a monster of a gun, .44 magnum, but it's just soooooo loud. I can't use it much as I like to be stealthy. Good for when a tiger jumps outta the bush at you though.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

yeah, I've unlocked a pretty tight SMG, The Bull (probably most powerful shotgun in the game), The Shadow (suppressed 1911 with red dot sight), and the Bushman. That's a suppressed assault rifle that, after unlocking it, I used it for the rest of the game.

I'd say the signature weapons are the best ones to use, by far.

Bogitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bogitt

There is a sniper rifle with explosive rounds, it is ridiculous.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

I got this shotgun, no idea how I got it but it's kinda awesome.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By djou

I unlocked the Cannon, Bull, and the sniper rifle (can't recall the name.) They are definitely powerful but all clash with my style of play. The magnum is good for one hit headshots and the sniper rifle is crazy powerful but I play with a lot of stealth and the lack of a silencer attachment make me not want to bring the guns in my inventory. The sniper is even louder than the magnum.

Overall I feel like that's the case with most of the arsenal. I'm playing to maximize my XP and the biggest rewards from from stealth take downs of NPCs and outpost. I have fun playing with the flamethrower and shotgun in between these missions but mainly I find myself sticking with the bow, silenced assault rifle, sniper rifle, and leaving that fourth slot open to pick up random/mission specific weapons.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yevinorion

@djou: I hear you man, but from what I gather the other pistol, the smg and the assault rifle signature weapons all have silencers. I just found that the Shredder, which is the signature SMG, is unlocked by obtaining 10 of the 20 memory cards. I think I'm going to have to go after that ASAP.

@Oldirtybearon: That Bushman sounds amazing. Whoa...that didn't come out right. In any case, that assault rifle sounds right up my alley. I like things that are silenced as I like to do a lot of sneaking.

@Hizang: Apparently it's for collecting 10 of the relics.

The thing is once you unlock them, you still have to buy them. Hey, I guess they needed money to be for something other than ammo.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flushes

The shredder feels like the most versatile of them all. Deep magazine, obnoxious fire rate, zero recoil, high damage, fast reloads, SMG movement speed, and a suppressor. I don't have any science to back it up, but I think it might deal the highest practical damage per second of any weapon at all ranges outside of sniping distance. The signature LMG competes with it, but tends to drift off target at longer ranges and is not suppressed.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meltac

The Shredder is just taking down anything or anyone who stands in my way, whether it being tigers, bears or heavys. I feel like an unstoppable killing machine with that thing equipped, while using the recipe that makes you invincible for a short amount of time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Shredder is all you need, it puts out a ton of damage and is pretty accurate even at longer ranges. I didn't like the Bushman at all, too inaccurate and kill-times were slow compared to the Shredder.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By joshthebear

I've unlocked the Bull, and goddamn does it lay waste to anything in range.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By envane

@yevinorion: whats wrong with the bushman being right up your alley?

kalibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kalibr

The AMR (sniper rifle) is amazingly fun. Shooting guys causes them to fly comically backwards which is so satisfying I cant not use it

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalibr said:

The AMR (sniper rifle) is amazingly fun. Shooting guys causes them to fly comically backwards which is so satisfying I cant not use it

Making a bear do a full barrel roll kinda never gets old. Also the ability to disable/destroy vehicles from pretty much any distance is amazing and was the sole reason for me ditching the awesome silenced M700 (which kind of trivialized taking over checkpoints)

Right now the only thing I don't have is the Bushman because I've not yet traveled to the 2nd island. Shadow is pretty neat but I find it's fairly inaccurate from a distance. Shredder is ridiculous, primary weapon. Bull was my first unlock and I still use it as my self-defence/holy shit a tiger weapon. Cannon was a little underwhelming, I blew 30 uplay points on it early in the game and at that point I could only carry 2 weapons so I opted my silenced pistol instead.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By fattony12000

The Bushman is sickening.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Elwoodan

The Shadow may not be the best, but damn does it make me feel cool. 1911's in general are pretty awesome.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yevinorion

@RenegadeDoppelganger said:

I blew 30 uplay points on it early in the game and at that point I could only carry 2 weapons so I opted my silenced pistol instead.

Lets be real though, what else are you gonna use those uplay points on?

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlatantNinja23

is there a signature bow? otherwise I don't really have any interest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.