Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Weird noise when taking pics of dead enemies

Avatar image for deactivated-60cba40146d9b
    deactivated-60cba40146d9b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Set a tiger loose on an outpost earlier and decided to snap some pics of the fun. Freaked me out when the camera shutter clicks tuned into SUDDEN OMINOUS TRIBAL NOISE. Turns out this seems repeatable, taking pics of dead enemies (seems murdering them any ol way works) makes a scary noise. Any idea what that is about? Is this a gameplay mechanic later on that I'm just not far enough to know about yet? Left over from mid-development changes?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@Wrenchfarm said:

Set a tiger loose on an outpost earlier and decided to snap some pics of the fun. Freaked me out when the camera shutter clicks tuned into SUDDEN OMINOUS TRIBAL NOISE. Turns out this seems repeatable, taking pics of dead enemies (seems murdering them any ol way works) makes a scary noise. Any idea what that is about? Is this a gameplay mechanic later on that I'm just not far enough to know about yet? Left over from mid-development changes?

Nothing later in the game about it. Maybe just a little quirk or something.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blommer4

I've had that too, but not picturing dead enemies. I've experienced it twice taking picture of some cool dave or something like that. The first was just a hole in a ground that lead to some ruins and stuff. Might be the sound came just because a body I didn't see when I took the picture though; but still, I know what you're talking about.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By zoozilla

Out of context, this topic is disturbing.

Actually, it's kind of disturbing even in context.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By huser

@zoozilla said:

Out of context, this topic is disturbing.

Actually, it's kind of disturbing even in context.

Had it been dead guys or people it might have gone to that next level.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jace

@Wrenchfarm: I've had the exact same thing. When I take a picture of anything with a large number dead enemies in it, SOMETIMES I hear a weird spooky noise. Like what would be in a horror film. It's only happened to me twice. I'm on PC.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Djratchet

theres a side mission where you take pics of dead pirates outside the village. they use that sound to indicate you snapped a dead shot. the indicator on the cam also turns orange. looks like they just decided to leave it on.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Jace said:

@Wrenchfarm: I've had the exact same thing. When I take a picture of anything with a large number dead enemies in it, SOMETIMES I hear a weird spooky noise. Like what would be in a horror film. It's only happened to me twice. I'm on PC.

It's actually a mechanic for some quests you're given (to take pictures of dead enemies like on the side quest @Djratchet mentioned). I don't think it's supposed to make that sound for every dead enemy you use your camera on, though -- that might be a bug.

I did notice the change of color to orange on the camera when pointing at dead bodies and it does make that same noise when you take the picture; I don't think it should be doing that outside of the quests so I think it's something they'll have to patch out later.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cba40146d9b
    deactivated-60cba40146d9b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else hoping it was kinda like Bioshock and taking pictures of enemies made you stronger against them? They could have gone with a "natives think the camera steals their soul" justification, it would fit right in with the rest of the game's, dubious, tone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.