Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

PS4 Performance

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Has anyone else been noticing some frame rate drops here and there? It hasn't really been that big of a deal, but I'm just curious to see if other people are having this issue?

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've played just over 2 hours and haven't noticed any hitches.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Framerate has been solid for me and I sunk about 9 hours into it. The only technical issues I've had was that I saw a couple non-lootable corpses floating in air, and literally as I was going to close the game, it did a hard crash to the XMB.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I had one instance where the frame rate hitched a little in the 4 hours I played so far. However it must have been insignificant because I really have no recollection of the circumstances under which it happened. Maybe it was when I was using a hang glider? I feel like if there was any situation where I would expect a drop it would be using the hang glider or the wing suit.

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every once in a while the game seems to stutter for a split second, it's not enough to effect game play but it's noticeable.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Haven't felt any noticeable drops, but to be fair I just finished playing Assassin's Creed so anything else feels like a smooth experience...

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarvinPontiac

I get a decent 60+ frame rate, coupled with these awful, tiny, constant hitches. Doesn't happen in any particular spot, seems random. I'm concerned about it becuase it was happening in Watch Dogs but was never fixed.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By awesomeusername

Yeah. Happened I think twice but it was like for a second and it wasn't bad. Other then that, it works completely fine.

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvinpontiac: That's PC, though. Guy is asking about PS4

Ahhhh, you are correct, I read PC. Hangin my head in shame.

@corvak said:

@colourful_hippie: Yeah. PS4 version works fine for me.

@marvinpontiac's issue sounds like micro-stutter. Do you have a dual GPU setup?

Yessir, on a gtx 690. Not crazy happy with my purchase if this keeps happening in games, but it seems to be Ubisoft-centric so far.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not really

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

You can put the game in a few situations involving a lot of enemies and fire that will make it look a little spotty but it never chugs. Overall it's super solid 95% of the time.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the game gets a little framey on the PS4 for me too. Though never bad I think. In terms of graphical performance, the bigger issue I have is poor texture quality for terrain at a distance, which I notice while I am on the gyrocopter. I wonder how the world looks through a sniper scope. I wish it could use the higher quality assets at greater distances, but I guess that would make it run worse, so I'll take it as it is. This is by no means ruining the game for me, I love it.

All this would be a good argument for upgrading my PC, but it seems that PC ports still aren't getting the love they deserve. Especially bc they always show off the PC version at press shows.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a few texture issues when skinning animals (the wild boars especially) but nothing horrible as far as the frame rate goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.