Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

To anyone wanting to enjoy this game, know this.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UnrealDP

F.E.A.R 3 is not a continuation of F.E.A.R 1 or 2 in fact it is not a F.E.A.R game at all for the names multiple similarities is a total coincidence, the games have two different developers and are totally different. This game has no atmospheric single player or any of what makes a fear game a fear game. This game is more like Left 4 Dead in the way that it has a paper thin story to set up you and your freind playing through the fun, co op campain. Much like Left 4 Dead, the games multiplayer is more cooperative game types for you and four friends to play for an afternoon like a survival mode or a scorebased variant of said survival. Bottom line, you want to enjoy F.E.A.R 3 don't confuse it with those other games with the same name.
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By daiphyer

That's the impression I got. It's a shooter, not a horror game. The multiplayer modes are fun though. FUCKING RUN is the best.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By flaminghobo

I was hoping I was wrong in my impression that the game would stray away from its horror elements... *sigh* oh well.

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By quemador

The QL made the game seems fun, now my question is if the game is worth 60 bucks?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I fell asleep during the Quick Look.

So . . .

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By amir90

Is it? Not buying it then.
    I wouldn't mind another FEAR 2, but this.
    BAH.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kashif1

rent it and decide, reviews have been alright

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

Seemed that once you get past where the QL is at & back in the main city, it might start getting spooky with just a less than spooky few opening levels. I'll just rent it & find out myself instead of taking advice of possible rabblerousers in forums who might not have played it yet.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Call of Duty happened to the world 

you like innovative open world FPS games like Crysis? FUCK YOU, you get Crysis 2 (codename CryCod 2) 
    you like to have the essence of a Battlefield game be about teamplay and communication and chain of command within the gameplay? FUCK YOU, you get Bad Company 2 (codename Cod Company 2) 
    you like creative horror shooters that fuse atmospheric elements with solid shootouts, like F.E.A.R? FUCK YOU, you get F.E.A.R 3 with zambies (codename F.E.A.R.C.O.D) 
    you like simulation shooters like Operation Flashpoint with its complexity and heavy feel and realistic army atmosphere? FUCK YOU, you get Operation Flashpoint: Red River (codename Codperation Flashcod: Red Cod)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

Call of Duty happened to the world

you like innovative open world FPS games like Crysis? FUCK YOU, you get Crysis 2 (codename CryCod 2)

you like to have the essence of a Battlefield game be about teamplay and communication and chain of command within the gameplay? FUCK YOU, you get Bad Company 2 (codename Cod Company 2)

you like creative horror shooters that fuse atmospheric elements with solid shootouts, like F.E.A.R? FUCK YOU, you get F.E.A.R 3 with zambies (codename F.E.A.R.C.O.D)

you like simulation shooters like Operation Flashpoint with its complexity and heavy feel and realistic army atmosphere? FUCK YOU, you get Operation Flashpoint: Red River (codename Codperation Flashcod: Red Cod)

Sweet post, bro.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daiphyer
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Call of Duty happened to the world  you like innovative open world FPS games like Crysis? FUCK YOU, you get Crysis 2 (codename CryCod 2) you like to have the essence of a Battlefield game be about teamplay and communication and chain of command within the gameplay? FUCK YOU, you get Bad Company 2 (codename Cod Company 2) you like creative horror shooters that fuse atmospheric elements with solid shootouts, like F.E.A.R? FUCK YOU, you get F.E.A.R 3 with zambies (codename F.E.A.R.C.O.D) you like simulation shooters like Operation Flashpoint with its complexity and heavy feel and realistic army atmosphere? FUCK YOU, you get Operation Flashpoint: Red River (codename Codperation Flashcod: Red Cod)
    E..what? Wow.
    IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IcySandman

So would this be worth getting now just for the multiplayer?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UnrealDP
    @Ahmad_Metallic
    But, all those games you mentioned are good like fear 3 and crysis 2.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Animasta

@Ahmad_Metallic: operation flashpoint's successor was ArmA though. Same devs, and codemasters or whoever just owned the Operation flashpoint IP

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Getz

I don't want another "fun" shooter. I've got grey shooters coming out of my ass; I wanted another F.E.A.R. 2. It may have been grey, but there was plenty of red.

Oh well, I'll buy it when it's 20 bucks.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By metalmoog

BFBC2 is still leaps and bounds away from being CoD.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @UnrealDP said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic: But, all those games you mentioned are good like fear 3 and crysis 2.
    Just because oranges are good, doesn't mean everything on the menu should be oranges 
    F.E.A.R and Crysis used to be the apple and the pear on the shooter menu, now they're oranges aswell.  

F.E.A.R went from spooky, dark industrial environments to shooting up army dudes in fucking favelas. it also has ZAMBIES. does that remind you of anything ? 
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UnrealDP
    @IcySandman
    yeah totally, just make sure to play campain with a friend.
    shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shinigami420

Yeah shitty developer day 1 made a mediocre fear game too bad they need to smear their shit all over Monoliths franchise

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By UnrealDP
    @Ahmad_Metallic
    No, dude its like call of duty in the way that there are guns. If you had read the post or played any of the games multiplayer you would see the game is shockingly like left 4 dead. There is no team deathmatch competitive modes, or a single player campain,
    the game is just fun and different from call of duty. Yeah your orange debate is correct, but like i said, those are still good games and there are still many examples of the crysis open world shooter like farcry or the simulation like arma. Your also condoning developers for trying new things, sure its just like call of duty, but if the game is bad or bland they go back on track or try something crazier. I know your gut reaction is to lash out at these developers, but i would rather they change the formula up a bit every now and then.
    ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ervonymous

I'm on a F.E.A.R. marathon but it'll be a short one with Extraction Point, Perseus Mandate and 3 out of the picture.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UnrealDP
    @Getz

I agree with you, but the games multiplayer is really good and different from any other shooter out there, but yeah its hell of grey ether way.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jacdg

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Call of Duty happened to the world you like innovative open world FPS games like Crysis? FUCK YOU, you get Crysis 2 (codename CryCod 2) you like to have the essence of a Battlefield game be about teamplay and communication and chain of command within the gameplay? FUCK YOU, you get Bad Company 2 (codename Cod Company 2) you like creative horror shooters that fuse atmospheric elements with solid shootouts, like F.E.A.R? FUCK YOU, you get F.E.A.R 3 with zambies (codename F.E.A.R.C.O.D) you like simulation shooters like Operation Flashpoint with its complexity and heavy feel and realistic army atmosphere? FUCK YOU, you get Operation Flashpoint: Red River (codename Codperation Flashcod: Red Cod)

Oh, so you know for a fact that it's because of Call of Duty these games has changed? Cool.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @UnrealDP said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic: No, dude its like call of duty in the way that there are guns. If you had read the post or played any of the games multiplayer you would see the game is shockingly like left 4 dead. There is no team deathmatch competitive modes, or a single player campain,the game is just fun and different from call of duty.
    I haven't played it, so that's very comforting to hear. I guess this shift in style and pacing and atmosphere is simply attributed to the fact that it's a different studio now. Good! 

@UnrealDP said:
     Yeah your orange debate is correct, but like i said, those are still good games and there are still many examples of the crysis open world shooter like farcry or the simulation like arma.
    Allow me to disagree and tell you that the "genre" and style Crysis created, began with Crysis and died with Crysis.  
    Sure, the very first step in the road to Crysis was Far Cry, and Far Cry 2 also followed in the footsteps, but FC1 hadn't perfected that 'genre' at the time, and FC2 took a huge step back from the semi perfection of Crysis by downgrading the quality of the shootouts, the behavior of the AI (yuck) and the mission diversity (FC2 lacked it) 
    For two years i've been waiting for Crysis 2, tired of games like MW2 and BC2 and FEAR 2, only to find Crysis 2 to be the abomination it is :( 

Sure, it's fun, but there's an abundance of that kind of scripted on-rails fun. Football is really fun, but it would suck if all other sports started turning into football, because football doesn't cut it 

@UnrealDP said:
    Your also condoning developers for trying new things, sure its just like call of duty, but if the game is bad or bland they go back on track or try something crazier. I know your gut reaction is to lash out at these developers, but i would rather they change the formula up a bit every now and then.
    No, my gut reaction isn't to lash at change. I love it when my favorite bands get creative in a new album, or when my favorite actors/directors give me new movie making approaches, or when a new fresh game does a new thing greatly. 

But there's a huge difference between experimenting, and simply falling back on the same safe formula that flashes shit in your face to attract you and make you think it's cool
    Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Heltom92

It baffles me why they would take the horror elements out/ water them down. Maybe their aim was just to make a generic shooter.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Pibo47
    @amir90 said:
    Is it? Not buying it then. I wouldn't mind another FEAR 2, but this. BAH.
    Yeah, FEAR 2 was a pretty good game. I wouldnt even mind playing as fettel or something crazy like that. I just want fear to remain fear.
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By UnrealDP
    @Ahmad_Metallic

Okay, first its not just the shift in developer that changed the fear franchise. Fear 2 was a change from the original and fear 3 continues in that direction just more dramaticly, so don't blame the developer. Second, sorry if you feel like that about far cry 1 and 2, i mean its not like they're making farcry 3 or anything, huh. Seriously farcry 3 is open world like crysis, alowing you to pick how you go at a situation like crysis, is on an island like crysis, and made by the guys who made crysis who are trying to perfect the formula with the far cry franchise instead of the crysis franchise. The genre created by crysis didn't die with crysis, its like you forgot its possible to make other entries in the franchise or iterate with different franchises. Just because crysis 2 was so different doesn't mean they won't go back to the well. And last, you are lashing out at developers, its tough making games and pleasing fans. When a developer takes a franchise in a totally different direction theres more then likely going to be games that are similar, take crysis 2 whiich went a more call of duty direction, but it itereated and tried to perfect the genre, so there is no falling back just moving forward trying to find a fromula that works for the franchise, now stop looking at this so one sidedly. They aren't simply "flashing shit in your face" they're trying to make fun games based on a formmula that is known to be fun.
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UnrealDP
    @Pibo47

Yeah, you play as fettel in co op, so fear 3s got that haha. You wanna see what that looks like, watch the quicklook.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @Getz said:

I don't want another "fun" shooter. I've got grey shooters coming out of my ass; I wanted another F.E.A.R. 2. It may have been grey, but there was plenty of red.

Ohhh fucking shit, I see what you just fucking did.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Getz

@Napalm said:

@Getz said:

Ohhh fucking shit, I see what you just fucking did.

What can I say? I'm a clever-ass motherfucker.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Sooperspy

Got this and Portal 2 for $50 at Toys R' Us. Very happy that I got F.3.A.R. Its actually a very very fun game.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ViciousReiven

Being pretty far into the story I can say this isn't true at all, FEAR 3 has most of the things a FEAR game should have, it's only a little lacking in the atmosphere department (it gets much better than the quicklook in no time though). 
    Yes it is more combat focused than before, but it definitely doesn't half ass it, in fact I'd say it's the best console FPS I've played this generation in terms of sheer gameplay, but I can see how if you didn't like the actual combat aspect of FEAR/2 you wouldn't this either no matter how well done it is. 

It comes down to this: 
    Do you want to have a fun intense FPS with Co-Op and competitive multiplayer? Play it. 
    Do you enjoy the story of FEAR games? Play it. 
    Do you want a tense foreboding atmosphere? Might want to pass. 

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By 1337W422102
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Call of Duty happened to the world  you like innovative open world FPS games like Crysis? FUCK YOU, you get Crysis 2 (codename CryCod 2) you like to have the essence of a Battlefield game be about teamplay and communication and chain of command within the gameplay? FUCK YOU, you get Bad Company 2 (codename Cod Company 2) you like creative horror shooters that fuse atmospheric elements with solid shootouts, like F.E.A.R? FUCK YOU, you get F.E.A.R 3 with zambies (codename F.E.A.R.C.O.D) you like simulation shooters like Operation Flashpoint with its complexity and heavy feel and realistic army atmosphere? FUCK YOU, you get Operation Flashpoint: Red River (codename Codperation Flashcod: Red Cod)
    Here, here!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @UnrealDP:  Dude, why the block of text? that hurt my brain 

Second, sorry if you feel like that about far cry 1 and 2, i mean its not like they're making farcry 3 or anything, huh. Seriously farcry 3 is open world like crysis, alowing you to pick how you go at a situation like crysis, is on an island like crysis, and made by the guys who made crysis who are trying to perfect the formula with the far cry franchise instead of the crysis franchise. 

First of all, the last Far Cry Crytek worked on was.. Far Cry.  FC2 was created by Ubisoft studios, and so is FC3. 
    Secondly, have you seen the FC3 E3 demo? did you notice the bit where you hit a single button and your character throws a knife at one dude and shoots two others? Three scripted kills with one button, yes, very Crysis-like. 
    Also, the Call of Duty-esque scripted events and cutscenes.. what, did you miss all that ? 

the FC3 E3 demo showed nothing other than scripted action and aim-assisted on-rails gameplay, and shows anything BUT the spontaneity and freedom that Crysis offered.. If you can't see how there's no other game in the universe that does what Crysis does, i can't really explain it 

The genre created by crysis didn't die with crysis, its like you forgot its possible to make other entries in the franchise or iterate with different franchises. Just because crysis 2 was so different doesn't mean they won't go back to the well. 

You honestly think that when you go from dedicated, innovative and cutting edge PC exclusives to linear console shooters (which get PORTED onto PC), there's going back ? 
    Do you really expect Crysis 3 to be a revolutionary PC exclusive like C1 was? Hey, you're dreaming, but i hope you're right! There's NOTHING i want more than being wrong about this. 

And last, you are lashing out at developers, its tough making games and pleasing fans. When a developer takes a franchise in a totally different direction theres more then likely going to be games that are similar, take crysis 2 whiich went a more call of duty direction, but it itereated and tried to perfect the genre, so there is no falling back just moving forward trying to find a fromula that works for the franchise, now stop looking at this so one sidedly. They aren't simply "flashing shit in your face" they're trying to make fun games based on a formmula that is known to be fun.

Crysis 2 tried to perfect the linear on-rails scripted cinematic FPS genre? i wanna laugh but i don't wanna offend you :P are you serious ?
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
     I'm sure you're a cool guy and all but this post makes you sound like the most butt-hurt basement dweller ever who says everything sucks and feels like the whole world owes him something.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @blacklabeldomm said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I'm sure you're a cool guy and all but this post makes you sound like the most butt-hurt basement dweller ever who says everything sucks and feels like the whole world owes him something.
    As opposed to you being the cool cat who lets it slide, is chilling, doesn't whine because he's going with the flow and enjoys paying full price for games that left their unique roots, held hands and turned into clones of one another? 

I wish i was that laid back.. why must i notice that the games that once blew my mind with their developers' persistence and determination to deliver unprecedented experiences, now offer me Call of Duty with a different label and some cool gadgets?  
    I am butt-hurt, you're right :(
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By UnrealDP
    @Ahmad_Metallic

Christ i hate paragraphing, so sorry about the great wall of text. 
    First, i wasn't talking about crytek, i was talking about ubisoft picking up where crytek left off and yes i saw the scripted kills, that was an e3 press confrence, do you really expec them to show walking around the island or doing the janky crysis things you loved about crysis? This game will offer tons of freedom and they've said as much, this game is in rapid flux and they like feed back, but theres no feed back in you being butt hurt saying "theres never gonna be another game as good as crysis waaaah". They're trying there best to make a fun game in the realm of crysis and its freedom, so if you wanna be the most negative asshole and write it off from the very firsst game demo and not be posotive by giving them a shot then go ahead. 

Second, yeah they went to consoles, but only because they're becoming a bigger company and they want to expand. Crysis probably won't go back to its blockbuster pc title days, but it will improve on where it left off and try to be fun again. Is moving to consoles to become more Cod like really such a bad thing? They are two different games and they got you're feedback so just have some faith. 

Last, yes they were trying to perfect it and your proving my case. You hated it so obviously there needs to be improvements. They're adding there own spin to a much worn out genre, maybe there next one will combine the elements of the first and win your heart. There can always be improvments and crysis is its own game spining off in different directions from call of duty. 

I don't know you as a person, but your sounding like the biggest asshole right now. I know you don't like the current state of all these games, but there turning towards cod because people LOVE Cod, infact billions love the fps formula and your acting like your opinion is the only one in the world, chill out and take a step back....
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @UnrealDP:  Quite the tone you got there..  
    I do realize that at this point i'm being the pessimistic overly-criticizing pain in the cunt. There's always one for everything, and each person is that guy when it comes to a specific topic, and the people around him tell him to take it easy and stop being a pain in the ass. 
    I understand that the way i've been criticizing games lately is annoying, the same way my cousin annoys me when he keeps talking about Brazil's football team not being the authentic and talented force they used to be (where i tell him that their games are still FUN and that he's being an asshole), or like my friend keeps talking about movies going bland and predictable and typical in order to grab everyday joe's attention and cash, where i tell him to stop talking about movie quality and just enjoy The Hangover 2 because it's fun.  

Those who notice that developers and movie makers and artists are pumping out half-assed products just because they still sell, are always annoying and anti-fun aren't they? What a sad state of affairs.. 

Now to respond to your points - 

First, i wasn't talking about crytek, i was talking about ubisoft picking up where crytek left off and yes i saw the scripted kills, that was an e3 press confrence, do you really expec them to show walking around the island or doing the janky crysis things you loved about crysis? This game will offer tons of freedom and they've said as much, this game is in rapid flux and they like feed back, but theres no feed back in you being butt hurt saying "theres never gonna be another game as good as crysis waaaah". They're trying there best to make a fun game in the realm of crysis and its freedom, so if you wanna be the most negative asshole and write it off from the very firsst game demo and not be posotive by giving them a shot then go ahead. 

What's happening here is very simple: when i look at Crysis, i see "A". and "A" is dead rare. Yet when you look at it, you see "B", and "B" is present in several other games, like Far Cry 2.  
    I can type a wall of text showing you how different Crysis and Far Cry 2 are, and how good and original the former is, but i already know you won't agree with any of my points, you'll pretend like Far Cry 2 wasn't a big mess, and you'll call me a Crysis fanboy.. 
    So i won't waste my time on this one. Sure, Far Cry 3 won't be a scripted player-assisting ride where complexity is lowered in favor of more sales. I'll be that optimistic if you promise to bow down to me when FC3 turns out to be casual shit 

Second, yeah they went to consoles, but only because they're becoming a bigger company and they want to expand. Crysis probably won't go back to its blockbuster pc title days, but it will improve on where it left off and try to be fun again. Is moving to consoles to become more Cod like really such a bad thing? They are two different games and they got you're feedback so just have some faith.  Last, yes they were trying to perfect it and your proving my case. You hated it so obviously there needs to be improvements. They're adding there own spin to a much worn out genre, maybe there next one will combine the elements of the first and win your heart. There can always be improvments and crysis is its own game spining off in different directions from call of duty.  I don't know you as a person, but your sounding like the biggest asshole right now. I know you don't like the current state of all these games, but there turning towards cod because people LOVE Cod, infact billions love the fps formula and your acting like your opinion is the only one in the world, chill out and take a step back....

Clearly we have really different definitions of what a good game should be and what developers should aspire to get. I read that paragraph in disbelief at first, I couldn't possibly believe that someone who has beaten Crysis (have you, btw?) would say what you said here, but hey, to each his own. All i can say is that i disagree wholeheartedly..  
    No, the world doesn't revolve around me, my opinion isn't the only one around, developers don't develop for me and i have no advantage whatsoever. I'm just another video game lover who firmly believes that game making quality has gone down the shitter and that no one cares 

P.S. try to work on your "There / Their / They're". reading that post was hell
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @blacklabeldomm said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

As opposed to you being the cool cat who lets it slide, is chilling, doesn't whine because he's going with the flow and enjoys paying full price for games that left their unique roots, held hands and turned into clones of one another?  I wish i was that laid back.. why must i notice that the games that once blew my mind with their developers' persistence and determination to deliver unprecedented experiences, now offer me Call of Duty with a different label and some cool gadgets?  I am butt-hurt, you're right :(
    no...I just don't make long winded posts about how they all suck on every forum for these games. It's your right to be pissed but your posts end up being funny sometimes, like the one above.
    funk_oddysey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By funk_oddysey

Still on the fence about Fear 3, the original was great, but Fear 2 was dissapointing so I may not get 3.....
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By WickedCestus
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Yo, I'm with you on this one. In fact, you have kinda made me want to pick up the original Crysis and see what it's all about. 
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#42  Edited By KowalskiManDown

It certainly lacks in the horror department, which is a real shame. But it's a really fun shooter, and playing co-op with a buddy is a real great bonus.

Sure, this isn't a continuation of the older games in terms of gameplay... but it most definintely is a continuation in story. The ending of FEAR 2 was so fucking crazy that I just HAD to know what happened following on from those disturbing events.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Yanngc33

Might still have a go at it but that is kind of disappointing

Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Monte

Fuck that then...

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@supermike6 said:

@Ahmad_Metallic: Yo, I'm with you on this one. In fact, you have kinda made me want to pick up the original Crysis and see what it's all about.

Do it. It is a fucking great shooter, despite what people who've never played it at all will try and say about it. Everything about it was great from the weapons handling to the fucking amazing graphics.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    no...I just don't make long winded posts about how they all suck on every forum for these games. It's your right to be pissed but your posts end up being funny sometimes, like the one above.
    Ahmad_Metallic has a point, though. Don't act so jaded as if everything going the Call Of Duty route isn't a problem.
    Neurotic_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Neurotic_X

When I proceeded to play the single-player campaign for the first time, I was required to click on "LAUNCH" to start up the campaign.  Yeah, you're right TC.  Definitely feels more like a co-op game and not much for the single-player experience.  All the scares are gone obviously.  And I'm not really a fan of games changing developers.  I fear (no pun intended), The Darkness 2 will suffer the same fate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.