Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 12

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

FIFA 12 is set to be EA Sports' 2011 iteration of the franchise, covering the 2011-2012 season and will introduce tactical defending, precision dribbling and enhanced AI.

Higher AI difficulties and getting better at the game

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Buscemi

I've been playing FIFA 11 (and now 12) on Semi-pro for as long as I can remember, and now it's too easy. The thing is, if I jump up to professional I lose just about every match. I don't know what it is, are my players slowed and dumbed down? It just feels like my players are so much worse than the other team's (and this is when I know that the team I play is better). I've been playing a few games on the higher setting and I'm not feeling like I'm getting better at it either, I just keep losing. I've had some of the biggest rage fits of my life so far, I don't know what it is but football games are ten times worse than any other competitive game.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Buscemi

I've been playing FIFA 11 (and now 12) on Semi-pro for as long as I can remember, and now it's too easy. The thing is, if I jump up to professional I lose just about every match. I don't know what it is, are my players slowed and dumbed down? It just feels like my players are so much worse than the other team's (and this is when I know that the team I play is better). I've been playing a few games on the higher setting and I'm not feeling like I'm getting better at it either, I just keep losing. I've had some of the biggest rage fits of my life so far, I don't know what it is but football games are ten times worse than any other competitive game.

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DaSoul

The key for me was learning how to keep the ball more effectively,also not trying any ambitious passes in the midfield or so.The style of play which worked for me was putting pressure on the opponent by keeping the ball near their box,which would make their team fall back,and if they do get it and clear,it should fall right in front of your defenders. Also, I've noticed using sprint a lot less than I used to on semi-pro. About half a season in to my manager mode game on professional and feeling like i might need to try world class...

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Buscemi

But doesn't that destroy the pace of the game, not sprinting, that is?

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By boboblaw

They key to moving up difficulties is learning to pass/keep the ball better and learning how to defend as it becomes much more necessary to multi-task as you move up the difficulties. I play on Legendary which they seem to have made more difficult this year (pre patch it was almost insane). On legendary the computer can keep the ball for the majority of the game so like I said you have to know how to defend and not be pulled out by their passing and just know when to tackle.

Just keep trying on the new difficulty and eventually you'll get used to it. I can tell you its infinitely more rewarding to win on a higher setting.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ramone

I've been wanting to make a tips video for playing against AI and human opponents on FIFA for so long because it is extremely hard to explain some of this stuff without diagrams. Make heavy use of the LB or L1 button because this allows for your AI players to make runs when you want, thus creating space for you to either pass to them or run into yourself. If you play with a team with pacey wingers and a big striker up top just get down the wings and whip it in constantly. I play on legendary by the way.

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DaSoul

@Titus: In my case, I still play a relatively fast passing play up to the opponents final third,and then I just try to find space/pressure them into mistakes. And still sprinting a ton on defence/on counter attacks. I guess for my reasoning it's important to understand position-based attacking strategies in real football,where instead of charging at them,you build up more and more options by playing a slower offensive play.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By chan05

First of all I would say play online. Thats the best way to get better because it really shows you what other people have figured out to be the "best" way of playing. But two things i have learned: If you are attacking try to alternate between sprinting and non sprinting. If you have space sprint but if opposing players are getting closer try not to sprint as it allows you to change direction faster and it makes it really really hard for the defenderes to tackle the ball if you are not sprinting and changing direction in the right moments. Also if you want to get past the opponents defense one of the best way is to use these lobbed through balls... I dont really know what they are called but basically you press Y + LB. This way you can lob the ball just over the enemy defense and straight into the path of your attackers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.