Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 12

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

FIFA 12 is set to be EA Sports' 2011 iteration of the franchise, covering the 2011-2012 season and will introduce tactical defending, precision dribbling and enhanced AI.

Impact Engine

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By chan05

Maybe the tackles will make "a little more sense". Sometimes in FIFA 11 i just felt that its not very convincing when a defender is pushing the striker over half of the playing field and then over the side line :D! From the first trailer the tackles look more realistic but a little exaggerated when people make a backflip after getting tackled. After all i think it can't add  much more to the gameplay since i believe in terms of physics FIFA 11 was near perfect. The features im more excited are the new Defender AI and if they finally manage to get a good network code. Also that strange shot that only has like 1 mph and causes every goal keeper to just jump over it should be fixed!!!

KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KennyPowers

I'm excited to see how they change the physics of momentum and turning.  Its frustrating when players can just stop on a dime, turn 90, then cutback before your defender can stop.   

Hopefully they can ratchet up defense and goalie AI, but I think the attacking AI is pretty good for the computer teammates.   

It'll be hard to get too much better since it is already miles ahead of most sports games.  Lookin forward to '12

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Maybe you could explain more about the engine ?

personally, i'd only get really interested if they borrow the destruction from Battlefield 3, you know, the same way BF3 borrowed the animation system from FIFA :P

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maajin
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Yeah, kickin the ball at the stadium columns and making it collapse would be the best thing for soccer in years.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By adziboy
    @shadowstep0705 said:
    What do you guys think?  Will it improve the gameplay?
    Improve, yes. A lot? No. The biggest improvements will be the actual tackling system, rather than the animations that come from the tackles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.