Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 12

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

FIFA 12 is set to be EA Sports' 2011 iteration of the franchise, covering the 2011-2012 season and will introduce tactical defending, precision dribbling and enhanced AI.

Okay, so how the hell does online ranked matchmaking work?

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rokkaku

I've just got Fifa 12, and have to say it's a damn fine football simulation. However, trying to find an online ranked game is a bafflingly complicated process. Can anyone explain this digital labyrinth of menu options to me? Thanks in advance.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ramone

It's weird. They've removed the simple head to head match. I think if you want to have a ranked game against someone online you have to go on Head to Head Seasons. Players are now put in divisions based on their skill level (similar to Starcraft) and can get promoted and demoted. I'm not 100% on all this because I don't play much of the head to head seasons stuff but I think this is right.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By deadly_polo

Head to head seasons are just a way of trying to keep people playing against people at the same skill level, where the previous xp system made bad people who always loose progress just as good people who don't

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By deadly_polo

...play a lot.

Just play and when you but the points to be promoted you will start playing better people in the next league. If it is too tough for you you will be relegated and play people around you own ability.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.