Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 14

Game » consists of 44 releases. Released Sep 24, 2013

The 2014 installment in EA Canada's soccer simulation franchise. This was the first in the franchise to bridge the 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 gap.

Your most amazing FIFA game played.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So I've been playing some FIFA 14 Manager mode. I started by randomly picking a team in English League 2, which ended up being the Bristol Rovers. They didn't have a great squad, rated at one full star. But they have scrappy players. I ended up making some moves, brought in a better strikers and two midfielders. They already had some decent backs, so I left that group alone. Then I brought in a better keeper for the main guy. After this we were rated as a full 2 star squad.

I was playing on World Class, and the goal set for me was to complete for a high table finish. With 10 games left in the season, after many injuries for most of the season to key players, we were 8th in the table. One spot back from reaching my goal. And all our key players were coming back from injury. I some how pulled off an amazing run winning 7 of the 10 games and getting draws in the other three. And with some help from the other teams, I managed to move all the way up to 3rd and earned promotion! It was insane and amazing. It was by far the best season I have ever done on that difficulty. I had actually clinch promotion on the second to last game. And it was one of the most exhilarating feelings I've had playing FIFA.

And then, in my second season, in English League 1 now, with pretty much the same squad. I lost a midfielder to another team because I couldn't offer him what he wanted in wages, and my second guy at keeper retired. I was going to play in my first Cup game. Which turned out to be the best, and most insane game I have ever played. Which is what prompted me to make this post. And sorry for the back story, I thought it pertinent.

The game starts out with an own goal by the opposing team in the 12th minute. I sent in a somewhat shoddy cross from the left, the defender jumped in front of my player and headed it into his own goal. Then just before half time I gave up a stupid penalty, which they took successfully. So going into half it was 1-1. At the start of the second half they score immediately with a long shot from distance reflected off my keeper back out into a trailing striker who volleys over the head of my jumping keeper for a goal. They now lead 2-1. For the next 35 minutes (game time of course) I put up attempt after failed attempt. And the CPU team is just content on trying to play keep away when they get possession, not even really trying to score another goal. And with 3 minutes to go in regulation, they decided to make a run with the ball. They end up getting corner out of it. And we are now in extra time. 5 minutes was added.

They take the corner and I am able to head it away. It lands perfectly at the feet of one of my players who sends a deep running through ball to the out set striker. I manage to get to it before either of the two defenders. I make a cut move past the first into the box and just as I am about to shoot by the other he slides in and takes me out. In the box. I get a penalty in extra time to tie! I take the shot, the keeper gets his hand on it to deflect it. It then hits the post, and rolls in behind him. Lucky bounce and roll. And I draw even in stoppage time. Just in time for extra time. Right after they kick off the ref blows the whistle on full time.

And in the first 15 minutes, nothing happens. Just a bunch of back and forth. But the second 15 minutes I get a red card on a sliding tackle right in front of the ref. Took the guy out, and broke his ankle. So I am now playing a man down, and they still could not score. But neither could I. So we go to a shoot out. And instead of recapping it shot by shot (because it took the full roster), I will just say that it got down to my Keeper, who scores the winning shot on penalties 6-7! It was amazing. Best game I have ever played, and I will probably never play another game as intense as that. It was a roller coaster. And I wish I had recorded it so I could share it and re-watch it. I felt like I actually won a real game. I ended up offering that keeper a new contract to give him $200 more a week because of it, lol.

I wish FIFA had a save transfer. I would love to take this manager into 15. Because I will keep playing this save until the day 15 comes out.

Now tell me about yours. I loving reading about others great/crazy games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.