Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 16

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

EA's long-running soccer franchise returns for yet another year.

Demo Impressions

kmfrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So has anybody played much of the demo yet? I played a few games after work today and was actually quite impressed. It isn't a mind blowing improvement over 15, but the pacing seems a little more methodical and realistic (which I like) and the defensive AI genuinely feels improved (though it's hard to say after just a few games).

One thing I would say though is there seems to be a tendency to side foot shots when through on goal. I keep expecting the players to put their laces through the ball, but it looks like the players are doing finesse shots...

What does everybody else think?

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I played a handful of games last night, and I really like the feel. The passing feels really nice. I had a few long ground passes to a forward beating the offside trap, and it felt great. I also like how the defensive midfielders now stay and play defense! In 15 they would always go forward like an attacking player. There are times for a d-mid to go forward, but not when you are working the ball on the wing. It was nice to see them play their position so you could have an outlet if you get in trouble on the wing.

I think it is a good improvement, and I look forward to the final product.

Avatar image for shoguns_decapitator
    Shoguns_Decapitator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've probably played about a dozen or so matches against the AI and other people and I'm digging it, it has some great animations and the cut aways to player closeups looks really nice, definately have to use your midfield this year, the old tried and true long throughball over the top doesn't work well this time out thankfully, with regards to the pacing, I'm almost sure I read that this demo was an old build and it could change before release, I hope they keep it as is, but I'm not confident they will.

The FUT draft seems cool, but at 15,000 coins a go and only being rewarded with packs I'll probably not play it much, my days of spending money on virtual players/stuff are long gone.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@shoguns_decapitator: FUT Draft? If that is what I think it is, does that mean FIFA is getting the same Hearthstone-y draft thing that Madden has the Alex keeps bringing up on the beastcast? 15 was the first game I got into FUT stuff, so having that mode sounds cool as well.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh man, I forgot a demo of this game was coming out. Gonna start downloading this now. I was actually super impressed with the way the PES 2016 demo felt, so who knows which way I'm going to go with soccer games this year.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, it's another FIFA. The women's football feels appropriately different but having that training overlay just amount to "Push these buttons!" is a wasted opportunity. Barca playing some actual tiki-taka is alright but the players still just feel like mannequins to me.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I spent a few hours with it just now. The women's football actually feels like it might be what I want from FIFA. My biggest issue with the game lately has been that the players feel too big on the pitch with oversized hitboxes, especially when compared to how PES feels. The women feel a little smaller on the pitch and it actually feels a lot more possible to dance around tackles and make runs through defenders than with 15.

The passing feels a little better too - I felt as though my through balls were actually getting into the places I wanted more often, which happens so infrequently in 15 whereas in the PES demo it felt as though I could place a ball into space exactly where I wanted to. I'll spend some more time with both for sure though before coming to any conclusions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.