Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fight Night Round 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 20, 2006

Fight Night Round 3 is a boxing game developed by EA Chicago that has been released on multiple platforms.

Bye Bye Fight Night...

Avatar image for gunslingerx1983
    GunslingerX1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By GunslingerX1983

Round 3... you are done... finally after 5 years or maybe even 6 years I have finished it and got that one last Everlast Achievement that has been the bane of my existence since i first played the game.

The story goes that when i first owned the game back in 2006 or 2007 whenever it was and achievements were that much of a big deal (or not to me anyway) so i played the game and missed the one final cheevo. Didn't bother me, in fact at the time i didn't really even notice. Sold my xbox for other reasons and moved on with my life. A few years later I bought a new xbox and started everso slightly to get into cheevos and bought the game back so i could play it again. Got to about 30 fights which takes a while and then my hard drive goes down, save file lost forever. When i get a new drive and what not i decided to leave it on the back burner and play other things. So last year i decide that seeing myself there on 900 points was not right and that i would have another go. Once again i got very close to the end (i'm convinced in my head that it was the same fight i was even on) and bad luck should strike. i come home one night to find my door open and my xbox and games gone (not the only thing but for the purpose of this story its the important thing). bare in mind by this point i am well into cheevo whoring and use trueachievements to track etc so once again i was back to square one.

So once that whole situation got sorted out i bought the game back again and have slowly once agin been working my way through it... and tonight, Sunday February 12th at approximately 20:15 I BLOODY DID IT!!!!!!!

So after much celebrations i suppose i should crack on with Fight Night Round 4 which i currently have 1 lonely achievement on... :-)

GunslingerX1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GunslingerX1983

Round 3... you are done... finally after 5 years or maybe even 6 years I have finished it and got that one last Everlast Achievement that has been the bane of my existence since i first played the game.

The story goes that when i first owned the game back in 2006 or 2007 whenever it was and achievements were that much of a big deal (or not to me anyway) so i played the game and missed the one final cheevo. Didn't bother me, in fact at the time i didn't really even notice. Sold my xbox for other reasons and moved on with my life. A few years later I bought a new xbox and started everso slightly to get into cheevos and bought the game back so i could play it again. Got to about 30 fights which takes a while and then my hard drive goes down, save file lost forever. When i get a new drive and what not i decided to leave it on the back burner and play other things. So last year i decide that seeing myself there on 900 points was not right and that i would have another go. Once again i got very close to the end (i'm convinced in my head that it was the same fight i was even on) and bad luck should strike. i come home one night to find my door open and my xbox and games gone (not the only thing but for the purpose of this story its the important thing). bare in mind by this point i am well into cheevo whoring and use trueachievements to track etc so once again i was back to square one.

So once that whole situation got sorted out i bought the game back again and have slowly once agin been working my way through it... and tonight, Sunday February 12th at approximately 20:15 I BLOODY DID IT!!!!!!!

So after much celebrations i suppose i should crack on with Fight Night Round 4 which i currently have 1 lonely achievement on... :-)

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheKramer89

Good story. And welcome...

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vaiz

Damn, bro. That's some dedication. Don't worry, though, you're among friends now. We understand your single minded drive to achieve.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

well good job with that. it must suck that you had to redo the game a bunch of times.

i've had that happen to me, my hard drive broke. i played most of my games that i didn't get to beat.

GunslingerX1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GunslingerX1983

Its never great losing save games i feel your pain. Hopefully it will become a thing of the past with cloud storage.

It did seem like a hell of a journey but i am glad i finally beat it. Need a break before hitting up round 4 though i think i'll get through ME2 first methinks.

Thanks for the welcome chaps :-)

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh man, I played the hell out of that game. I had the last achievement waiting for me for like a year or so when I decided to just do the last few fights I needed for it. Pretty much the only thing I've S-Ranked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.