Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 24, 2008

Released for the US on June 24, 2008, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift continues Square-Enix's commitment to mixing the Final Fantasy universe with turn-based tactics. Join Luso Clemens as he attempts to return to his former world all while solving some of Ivalice's own problems.

Issues with dispatching

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matoya

Yo,

I've been playing this for about 10 hours now, and just having the hardest time with dispatching. Maybe it's coming right off of FFT Advance, but dispatching in this game just seems worthless. Is there something I'm not getting, or some hidden numbers I'm not fulfilling?

I sent out 5 of my best people the other day to pick a mushroom, and they somehow failed it.

FIVE PEOPLE!

If anyone can offer any advice or anything to that effect, holler!

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By matoya

Oh furthermore, if anyone can throw me a bone on an easier/safer way to recruit, that'd be neat too

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McShank

This may not be much help but I have a problem with buying the Strategy guide with games that seem long and difficult so I never had the problems you have. (I still have yet to finish though) The dispatching from what i remember is determined more or less by what the quest is and what character you send. Some are almost 100% going to succeed while others just plain ole suck. And the "safer" way to recruit has me confused. What is dangerous about recruiting? I more or less use the same few i got during the first few hours of gameplay, and never look for new ones but rather accept anyone who comes to join. And Damn i wish i could find advance since you get some special items at start if you play 2 with advance in the GBA slot.

On the note for dispatching, look up what each character is good at if you dont have the strat guide as that was one of the major things i found changed from the first game.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Most of the people in the party should be jumping or holding their hand up. If they're not jumping you'll probably fail.

The fail rate is so high because most of them have a bunch of story beats and they would prefer you to battle in person.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By coakroach

If someone sent me and my mates out to pick magic mushrooms... I reckon we wouldn't maintain our focus that well

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By matoya

@ryanwho said:

Most of the people in the party should be jumping or holding their hand up. If they're not jumping you'll probably fail.

The fail rate is so high because most of them have a bunch of story beats and they would prefer you to battle in person.

Aaah that makes sense, cheers. I've actually made a full 6 team which I send on jobs I know I won't wanna do, just shit like "Pick a flower for me" or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.