Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Type-0

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2011

Final Fantasy Type-0, formerly Final Fantasy Agito XIII, is an RPG for the PSP. The PSP Version was only available in Japan, but an Xbox One and Playstation 4 version was localized for North America & Europe.

How do you handle all the characters?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By AngelN7

Hey there, is anybody playing this? a friend lent me his game because apparently all he wanted was the FFXV Demo, but Type-0 is actually a pretty good game if you're willing to overlook some of it's the technical problems. I´m at the begining of chapter 4 and that last mission was pretty rough and I had at least 5 characters in the level required but that didn't matter at the end of the mission. I would like to know how do you guys handle leveling up all 14 characters, do you just grind with all of them on mission days? I find it pretty overwhelming, also there's at least a couple of characters that I just don't like/ don't know how to use (no, not the flute girl from the quick look, she's actually pretty good if you let the AI buff you) mostly the twin pistols guy (King) and the slow-ass samurai sword guy.

So you guys got any tips we can share?

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheBlue

I ended up maining about 6 people, two teams that I would keep leveled up. It's pretty much essential to bring along a ranged character and a healer to each mission. The issue I had with some of the later missions is that some areas had some insta-death stuff, or my leader would get one shot, or by the time I knew how to fight something I had lost half of my squad. My advice is to make sure you save at every checkpoint so if a section goes terribly and you lose the people you like, you can reload and try again and do better.

Definitely use a character you like a lot as well and get as many killsights as you can. The more you pull off you eventually unlock weapons for them in the shops that are RIDICULOUSLY better. Like, the ones in the regular shop are +10 to attack while the special ones are like +50. It's absurd and extremely good to have.

Oh, and King is OP. Standing away from enemies and killsight sniping is the best.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: I like to use Trey for the long range he's one of my favorites, you can get pretty easy killsights with him, I also like to use Carter but don't know how to use King with all that reloading stuff he does. I guess I should take a look arround those shops in the small towns in the overworld so far the only weapons I have are the silver grade ones you can buy in the school armory. by the way how imporant are the secret orders? I only go for the ones I know for sure can complete, but maybe I should try to go for most of them? I think the risk of lossing a character is too high just to get some lousy item at the end of the mission I don't know.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

@angeln7: You can basically ignore the special orders. The stuff you get from doing them isn't that great.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: yeah I should've figured by know, I kept thinking one would give me something cool, but it seems to only matter for the mission rank.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@angeln7: You'll get a notice after you beat a mission when you unlock a weapon or item. The good ones are usually the SPP shop.

Once you level up King a bit one of his AP abilities is doubling his ammo so you don't have to reload as often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.