Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Type-0

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2011

Final Fantasy Type-0, formerly Final Fantasy Agito XIII, is an RPG for the PSP. The PSP Version was only available in Japan, but an Xbox One and Playstation 4 version was localized for North America & Europe.

Losing hope for localization

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By imhungry

Just saw a blog by Jeremy Parish on 1UP that's depressing me further about the hope for an English release.

and no less than four people I talked to at TGS (both inside and outside of Square Enix) made it very clear that the English version of Type-0 is moribund, at least in its current form (again, for reasons).

While that does indeed confirm that some sort of localization is in the process, the rise of the Vita means the likelihood that they'll continue with a PSP localization decreases with each day. Personally, I don't intend on buying a Vita so I'd be pretty sad if this got released as a Vita game instead, assuming it gets an English release at all.

Thoughts?

Link to original article: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9114494

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

I figure they'll bring it over eventually, though probably not for the PSP - it can't really support a major release like this outside Japan. But with stories of how Square Enix Japan is currently pouring massive amounts of resources into saving Final Fantasy XIV, while the Kingdom Hearts HD collection apparently had to make do with just two guys, it will probably take a while.

Maybe they'll start once Final Fantasy X HD is out the door...

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Morrow

I don't see why of all JRPGs this one shouldn't get a localization. It's Final Fantasy goddamit, the name sells.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By egg

I think it will come to US but not likely on PSP and not likely anytime soon.

Maybe after Type-0 2 and 3 are released, there will be a Type-0 collection containing all 3, for Vita, or PS4. That's the kind of time frame I think we're looking at here.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackLagoon

From Gamespot:

Will FF Type-0 be localized for North America and Europe? If so, when?

Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away.

Make of that what you wish...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.