Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X-2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 13, 2003

Journey back to Spira two years later to rescue the missing Tidus in this first direct sequel to a Final Fantasy title.

I didn't finish FFX - Should I play this?

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Thiago123

I played FFX for the first time recently as part of the FFX / X-2 HD Bundle on vita. I got pretty far into the game and was enjoying it, but unfortunately I got stuck at the third Seymour fight on Mt. Gagazet - Seymour Flux. While I understand that this is very close to the end of the game, reading up on strategies of how to beat him basically lead me to believe that I would need to spend a few hours grinding to have enough orbs to either brute force past him with more HP or spec the sphere grid a certain way.

Now, I understand that some people feel that grinding is an essential part of JRPGs, but I think I was particularly bummed about this instance because I felt that the point of the sphere grid was to give you the freedom to spec how you wanted and the game would be balanced to your level (particularly since I made it through the rest of the game without many problems) ...so, at this point in time, I just don't see myself grinding it out.

My question is - how does that experience compare to FFX-2? Is there a lot of grinding required? Is the sphere grid more...balanced? (maybe not the right word). I have the game already, just wondering if it is worth the time investment.

Thanks duders!

sjaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sjaak

Don't play FFX-2, even grinding for hours and hours in FFX is more fun. To be fair, FFX-2 needs no grinding to complete the story and it has no Sphere Grid.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

FFX-2 is considerably easier, but the story and especially production values are also a whole lot less compelling.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

If you bought the HD edition then you get both games so just try it and if you don't like it then don't play it all.

FFX is a lot better though.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Aw man, try and stick it out with FFX. You can beat the Symour fight by playing incredibly safe! Unless his cross attack one shots most of your party... That can be rough.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The tone of FFX-2 is very different compared to FFX, does that bother you at all?

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I seem to recall getting my aeons near overdrive level and then using that to burn down Seymour Flux. You could try that.

As for X-2, I really wouldn't play it until you finish X because it does spoil the games ending. The game itself is fine, though a bit less compelling story wise considering it is mission based and you kind of choose the way the story plays out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.