Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2001

The first Final Fantasy game for the PlayStation 2 brought cinematic quality to the series with voice acting and fully 3D environments. The story follows Tidus, a young man transported one thousand years into the future to find a world quite unlike his own.

CONFUSED: just completed FFX...

andwan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andwan0

I decided to just get on with the game and complete it for my first time (since started it 10 years ago). (no need for celestial weapons, or magnus sisters, or dark aeons, etc).

Wow, the ending is really long, no save points, and it feels like a marathon / gauntlet of bosses.

What I don't get is:

They all jump inside Sin, go through Sin's invisible tunnel organs and arrive in a city? What is this city?

Jecht appears in human form just to show a friendly face. Then he turns into Braska's Final Aeon. Did Braska have many Aeons? Where/who is Braska? I thought Jecht was Sin but Sin seems just a container and Jecht is really the Aeon?

What are those Yu Pagodas doing? Why do they keep charging and giving health?

Jecht eventually pulls a massive sword from his chest. Then when he dies, everyone is on the massive sword? Funny scenario?

At end when everybody magically appears back on the ship like if they never jumped off (maybe they hallucinated the whole thing!?)... we see some mountain, and lots of people's exposed "backs/bodies" stuck in a stone wall... turning grey... (just before the bubbles float up). What is this scene all about??

Why did Yuna have to destroy all the Aeons?

I watched the credits right to the end title "The End"... but Zanarland song plays repeatly. Is there anything after this? Like our stats/results screen?

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't played FFX since it was first released so my memory is foggy, but heres what I remember.

1. It's likely "dream" Zanarkand, the place we see at the start of the game, only it's the distorted aftermath of it.
    2. Braska is just a summoner like Yuna, had all the same summons she did, except Braska chose Jecht as his final aeon, Jecht is inside sin because Yu Yevon absorbed him, which is how Sin is able to be recreated.
    3. No idea who Yu Pagodas is, sorry
    4. It's Final Fantasy
    5. Everything vanished because Yu Yevon was destroyed, he is a summoner who created Sin and Dream Zanarkand, so when he died they "did" too.
    6. Those bodies stuck in stone are the souls of the people of Zanarkand.
    7. She had to destroy the Aeons because Yu Yevon could and did take control of them.
    8. Theres are bonus endings, but that's it.
    Immortal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Immortal_Guy

I also finished the game ages ago, and don't remember the story in massive detail, but to elaborate a bit - Braska was the summoner who fought Sin before Yuna. Near the end of the game, you discover that the only way to kill Sin is to use your "final aeon", and the only way to get that is to sacrifice one of your companions to turn them into it. Braska's companions were Jecht and Auron, and Jecht volunteered to be sacrificed.

The unfortunate side-effect of killing Sin with a final aeon is that the final aeon then becomes the next Sin. But since your party are great, you don't sacrifice anyone and kill Sin "properly".

Also, Zanarkind isn't a real city as such, but some wierd collective dream of the fayth (all those people stuck in the stone) that's marshaled by Yevon, which I guess explains some of the hallucinogenic weirdness that goes on during the final fights? Come to think of it, I don't think I ever fully grasped the plot of that game myself...

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else notice how new posters tend to have the Wolfenstein 3D screenshot as their avatar? Is this something set up by the account system as a default icon?

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gokaired

I have to admit, I laughed when i saw "Confused" was linked to FFX because that's entirely accurate, the whole games story is confused.XD

But yeah, Immortal_Guy is right about Zanarkind, as Tidus is an imperfect representation of someone who actually resembled him by the fayth.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

You could play FFX-2 if you want more details of what happens next, but uh... it's all crazy no matter you have more details or less. It's just silly fun which a few people understand and will gladly write you a long blog post about if you're really curious.

All in all, it was a happy-ish ending. So, after the credits, you should feel bittersweet happiness.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Zanarkind isn't a real city as such, but some wierd collective dream of the fayth (all those people stuck in the stone) that's marshaled by Yevon, which I guess explains some of the hallucinogenic weirdness that goes on during the final fights? Come to think of it, I don't think I ever fully grasped the plot of that game myself...

Zanarkand is real, merely it's been destroyed, the faith are the souls of the people of the real Zanarkand, who "dream" the fake Zanarkand Tidus is from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.