Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Chapter 10 boss fight glitch

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So this fight ended before I'd taken him down to zero health - I hear he has a doom attack he's meant to unleash but I didn't even experience it. I was just fighting him (and having a pretty hard time doing so despite the fact I was worried I had over levelled) and a little after his transformation, blam, cutscene and my crystarium has expanded... Anyone else have this happen? Can't say I'm too annoyed as he kicked my ass the first time but that was a little anticlimatic 

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

No sir did not happen to me, quite weird.

Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Signpost

That is what happened to me.  The first time I fought him he kicked my ass with whatever that super attack was and then the second time I staggered him, switched to Odin and by the time I used Zanetsuken the fight was over, I thought he still had about 1/3 of a bar left but I wasn't going to question it.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vitor
    @Signpost said:
    " That is what happened to me.  The first time I fought him he kicked my ass with whatever that super attack was and then the second time I staggered him, switched to Odin and by the time I used Zanetsuken the fight was over, I thought he still had about 1/3 of a bar left but I wasn't going to question it. "
    More or less what happened here - I didn't even get to staggering him the second time around. In fact, he was in guard mode and I was busy healing and debuffing when it suddenly came up with the results screen....
    mspainhour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mspainhour

How odd. I wish I could say the same, this guy was a man-whore to fight.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MildMolasses

I'm deeply afraid of this chapter 10 boss that people keep talking about.  I've had and am having enough trouble with the later parts of chapter 9 and the start of chapter 10. All my fights are taking forever, and it doesn't seem to matter what paradigms I use, I'm just making small chips at the enemy health. If I'm lucky, I might get a star at the end. 

The last fight I had was against alexander, and that motherfucker pounded me into the gorund before I even knew what was going on. I'm hoping a little bit of grinding will help out, and if not, I'm peacing the fuck out of this game
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vitor
    @MildMolasses:  

You've fought Alexander?  I'm pretty sure I haven't and I'm ahead of you...?! 

And as for the Chapter 10 boss - you can apply buffs beforehand using L1 and I also hear that the sentinel job is really, really useful here as it means all your other characters (not just the sentinel) take less damage - something I had no idea happened. I just assumed that class redirected damage towards itself as opposed to mitigating it for others directly. And that's real useful when the boss charges up his main attacks - otherwise you'll spend half the fight healing and debuffing and be paralysed doing that as any offensive shift will leave you weakened  and he continues to wail on you again and again (something that happened to me just before the battle mysteriously ended).
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Worst boss fight ever, took me like 20X getting defeated and stuff. I died that that boss at 90%, I just used odin and won it that way, I couldn't get a second stagger.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CSXLoser

i had the doom happen to me...but i went ahead and retried the battle since i was getting destroyed.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By MildMolasses
    @Vitor:
    I'm just being an idiot and remembering things wrong. I'm actually on the chapter 11, not 10, and it's the 11 boss that I'm afraid of. 

The worst part is, the same thing that the OP is talking about happened to me, and I didn't even realise. I had a party of Lightning/Hope/Fang, and everytime I would fight that guy, I would get him to about 15% and then he would do a launch attack on Lightning and kill her. The I switched to all ladies, and I got him staggered, and then the fight ended. I'm sure I didn't get any more than 50% of his health.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vitor
    @MildMolasses said:
    " @Vitor: I'm just being an idiot and remembering things wrong. I'm actually on the chapter 11, not 10, and it's the 11 boss that I'm afraid of.  The worst part is, the same thing that the OP is talking about happened to me, and I didn't even realise. I had a party of Lightning/Hope/Fang, and everytime I would fight that guy, I would get him to about 15% and then he would do a launch attack on Lightning and kill her. The I switched to all ladies, and I got him staggered, and then the fight ended. I'm sure I didn't get any more than 50% of his health. "
    Definitely a glitch then - and quite a weird one at that... Not complaining though, that fight was a real bitch and I was desperate to finally get to gran pulse and do some exploring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.