Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Long ass loading time?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Okay guys so when I went to play FFXIII today after the Square Enix logo came up my screen went black for about 30 seconds then to the title screen, if i remember correctly this never happened before what is going on? 

Its not my PS3 because God of War had no problems, its not my T.V because i can press the PS button and the in-game XMB comes up, what is wrong? 

Can someone else check how long it turn black for? thanks.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Yukoei

The disc is clean by the way guys.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh

That's weird, have you tried again to make sure it wasn't just a one time thing?

I'll check how long it takes next time i'm on.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By groin

This happened to me when my internet was being clogged up by torrents. Maybe the game is doing trophy syncing stuff during that time?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yukoei
    @groin: Well, I am capped (Internet is really slow) so would that be the problem?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

That's weird. The only thing like that I'm noticing is that the farther I get into the game and the more Items I collect, my saving takes a bit longer than usual, but only by like 2 or 3 seconds.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yukoei
    @xyzygy said:
    " That's weird. The only thing like that I'm noticing is that the farther I get into the game and the more Items I collect, my saving takes a bit longer than usual, but only by like 2 or 3 seconds. "
    Could it be because my internet is running slow?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @Yukoei said:

" @xyzygy said:

" That's weird. The only thing like that I'm noticing is that the farther I get into the game and the more Items I collect, my saving takes a bit longer than usual, but only by like 2 or 3 seconds. "

Could it be because my internet is running slow? "
    Nah, trust me my internet is so unstable and it loads fine. Are you on the PS3? Maybe it has something to do with Trophy syncing. I know some games like Demon's Souls takes a bit at the start of the game to load trophy information, the more trophies you have the longer it'll take. 

I can't confirm that though because I'm on 360
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @groin said:
    " This happened to me when my internet was being clogged up by torrents. Maybe the game is doing trophy syncing stuff during that time? "
    Sounds like the problem.
    Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lambert

Well now you can go and play better games instead!

aleki63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aleki63

Hey guys, I had this happen to me yesterday aswell for the first time since I got the game on release day. Really freaked me out lol thought it was the ps3 dying. I did notice that my internet was incredibly slow due to a combination of torrents and the ISP having problems. So it does seem like it might be due to the internet being slow. Was just wondering if anyone has had this issue since? Really don't want my ps3 to die lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.