Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Which weapons to take to ultimate?

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By msdss

I just wanted to see what weapon everyone was choosing to level up to ultimate. So far the only one i've heard for sure is Vanille's Belladonna, other than that i'm not really sure whats best for everyone. I've seen the end stats for all of them but since making them costs so much time and money I don't want to level up the one I think is best only to find out that I needed WeaponY in order to do TaskX easily. 

Also the method I have been using to level up equipment is to buy ~30 sturdy bones, use them to get the 3x multiplier, then blow however many turbojets at the same time to hit " * "Level. Is there a better way to go about this?

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Rayeth

I think the general consensus is that Sturdy Bone and Vibrant Ooze are the way to get the multipliers up, and then throw in  Ultra-compact Reactors or Perfect Conductors  and there was another one too, but I can't recall it(Not sure on the names exactly, but all the parts sound like they belong in physics experiment anyway, lol) to gain massive EXP. 

You definitely want to do as much of the leveling all at once as you can.  So from level 1 to " * " level all in one go to maximize the exp gain from your bones/oozes.  

If Turbojets are the best you have access to in the garage, you might just want to wait on upgrading till later in the game when some of the better EXP/gil ratio items go on sale (Perfect Conductors, etc).   Don't worry even with weak weapons and armor you can still do just fine in the main story as long as you have your Crystarium filled out sufficiently.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Rayeth said:
    " I think the general consensus is that Sturdy Bone and Vibrant Ooze are the way to get the multipliers up, and then throw in  Ultra-compact Reactors or Perfect Conductors  and there was another one too, but I can't recall it(Not sure on the names exactly, but all the parts sound like they belong in physics experiment anyway, lol) to gain massive EXP.   You definitely want to do as much of the leveling all at once as you can.  So from level 1 to " * " level all in one go to maximize the exp gain from your bones/oozes.    If Turbojets are the best you have access to in the garage, you might just want to wait on upgrading till later in the game when some of the better EXP/gil ratio items go on sale (Perfect Conductors, etc).   Don't worry even with weak weapons and armor you can still do just fine in the main story as long as you have your Crystarium filled out sufficiently. "
    The physics experiment item is the particle accelerator but the ultra-compact reactor gives the best bang for your buck.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah, that's the method I've been using.  The one's I'm maxing first are:

Lightning - Lionheart (Quick Stagger)
    Sazh - Antares Deluxes (Chain Bonus Boost)
    Snow - Umbra (Improved Ward)
    Hope - Hawkeye
    Vanille - Belladonna Wand (Improved Debuffing)
    Fang - Taming Pole (Stagger Lock)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I used the Dragoon Lance for Fang because it adds just that extra 40 points of damage. I never, ever use her as a Ravager and she has two Power Gloves set on her so her Strength is around 3500, she kills anything.

For Lightning, I took the Lionheart because it had pretty decent stats and the Quic Stagger comes in handy. 

I never use Sazh so I have no idea. 

For Hope I used the Hawkeye because of the really awesome Magic stat, it's over 3000 now. 

For Vanille, even though I never use her, the Belladonna Wand is a very good choice. 

Snow... I actually used the Feymark for a while and he was my teams extra Ravager when not a Sentinel. But when I needed him on Sentintel I used the Paladin for the increased defense. 

EDIT: after looking it up, Sazh has 4 amazing weapons. It's going to be hard to choose for me what to level first. The Antares Deluxes (Chain Bonus Boost), Procyons (Stagger Maintenance), Rigels (Stagger Lock with both stats over 1000 at lv.100!!), and the Spica Defenders (Augment Maintenance).

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Psytek

Based on the stats, the best weapons are: 

gladius - lightning   
    spica defenders  or deneb duellers - sazh 
    power circle - snow 
    hawkeye - hope 
    belladonna wand - vanille
    dragoon lance - fang

Obviously it's up to you, some of those weapons give massive boosts to one stat, but not much to the other, so for example if you want lightning to be strong on attack and magic, then gladius might not be the best choice, but for pure attack stats it's the best weapon for her if you use her as a com all the time like I do. 

For sazh, the deneb duellers give a bigger magic boost, but the spica defenders have the augment maintenance, which is useful if sazh is your synergist, so that's a judgment call.

weapons with stagger lock are stupid, as is the one with leadenstrike/ironstrike, there's no point using them, because the damage boost you get from the extra stats is much less than the damage you do if you stagger an enemy, and some enemies need to be staggered to kill them. Same goes for the weapons with paper/silk trigger, they cut your hp by so much that the extra stats aren't worth it.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gike987
    @Psytek said:

" Based on the stats, the best weapons are:  gladius - lightning   spica defenders  or deneb duellers - sazh  power circle - snow  hawkeye - hope  belladonna wand - vanille dragoon lance - fang    Obviously it's up to you, some of those weapons give massive boosts to one stat, but not much to the other, so for example if you want lightning to be strong on attack and magic, then gladius might not be the best choice, but for pure attack stats it's the best weapon for her if you use her as a com all the time like I do.   For sazh, the deneb duellers give a bigger magic boost, but the spica defenders have the augment maintenance, which is useful if sazh is your synergist, so that's a judgment call. weapons with stagger lock are stupid, as is the one with leadenstrike/ironstrike, there's no point using them, because the damage boost you get from the extra stats is much less than the damage you do if you stagger an enemy, and some enemies need to be staggered to kill them. Same goes for the weapons with paper/silk trigger, they cut your hp by so much that the extra stats aren't worth it. "

Stagger lock doesn't do much difference if only one use it, because the other two can still stagger.
    viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By viney212
    @gike987 said:
    " @Psytek said:

" Based on the stats, the best weapons are:  gladius - lightning   spica defenders  or deneb duellers - sazh  power circle - snow  hawkeye - hope  belladonna wand - vanille dragoon lance - fang    Obviously it's up to you, some of those weapons give massive boosts to one stat, but not much to the other, so for example if you want lightning to be strong on attack and magic, then gladius might not be the best choice, but for pure attack stats it's the best weapon for her if you use her as a com all the time like I do.   For sazh, the deneb duellers give a bigger magic boost, but the spica defenders have the augment maintenance, which is useful if sazh is your synergist, so that's a judgment call. weapons with stagger lock are stupid, as is the one with leadenstrike/ironstrike, there's no point using them, because the damage boost you get from the extra stats is much less than the damage you do if you stagger an enemy, and some enemies need to be staggered to kill them. Same goes for the weapons with paper/silk trigger, they cut your hp by so much that the extra stats aren't worth it. "

Stagger lock doesn't do much difference if only one use it, because the other two can still stagger. "
    Exactly.  I upgraded Fang's Taming Pole despite the stagger lock and it's easily the best of her weapons to upgrade.  Fang's got the best Strength stats in the game so it makes the most sense to get her the weapon with the highest stats and use her as your primary damage dealer.  She's going to be a Commander or Sentinel the majority of the time so when are you ever going to need her to stagger when the other two can't?  The only time I use her as a Ravager is in a triple Ravager paradigm, and even then she still does a good job of boosting the chain gauge (especially with the nice boost the upgraded Taming Pole gives to magic) while the other two push it into a stagger once you've got it full.  The ONLY thing Stagger Lock prevents you from doing is converting a full chain gauge into a stagger, which is not at all as gimped as it sounds when you only need one single attack from the other two to finish it out. 

You gotta consider what you want your party to do after you get that stagger (not just getting a stagger), and there's nothing better than having a maxed out Fang with a Taming Pole upgraded to Kain's Lance, a Genji Glove and some Strength boosting accessories.
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Psytek
    @Viney212:  

Dragoon lance has a higher str stat than the taming pole...
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By groin
    @Psytek:  
     Taming Pole - > Venus Gospel - > Kain's Lance. This will finish with 921 Magic and 921 Strength. 
    Dragoon Lance - > Dragonhorn - > Kain's Lance. This will finish with 962 Strength and 0 Magic.   

Is it really worth that extra 41 strength ? 
      I managed to 5 star all the hunts using the taming pole so the weapon choice does not really matter.
    viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By viney212
    @Psytek said:
    " @Viney212:   Dragoon lance has a higher str stat than the taming pole... "
    Like groin said, only by 41, which isn't worth not having the +921 to magic.  Fang works really good as the 3rd Ravager in a triple Ravager paradigm, which is crazy good for boosting the chain gauge.  She's also a good Saboteur so the +921 to magic really helps with extended debuff times.  I'm taking knocked down Adamantoises from 0% to 999% on the gauge in 3 turns with the 3x Ravager paradigm and the stagger lock isn't slowing me down one bit with the other two ravagers hammering away at the same time.  So Fang's helping make huge strides on the chain gauge with the higher magic rating, her Debuffs are lasting longer on the Adamantoise, and then switching to a multiple Commander paradigm, she's dealing 160,000+ per hit.  So I don't see what's so stupid about using a Stagger Lock weapon like you were saying.
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Rayeth

I used Sazh a bunch and found the Pyrocons to be amazing.  They aren't the best stat wise, but they are really helpful early on when you might not have the equipment or CP levels to kill some enemies in a single stagger.  It lets you take out Behemoths and King Behemoths very early on in Ch 11 without much fuss and before they transform which is wonderful for grinding CP or moving about on the Plains when you first get there.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By doe3879

I upgraded the very 1st weapon I get to max
    and use the same weapon from beginning to end, and after the end

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.