Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

hey, duders! any advice for a newbie like me?

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

so i bought the ps4 version yesterday when me and my girlfriend bought a ps vita and a handful of games for it. she likes final fantasy stuff and she was wanting a vita and so since i wasn't able to get an iphone 6 this past friday, i figured "ehh, why not."any tips or advice for newbies? she's not as experienced with rpgs or mmos as i am. my only mmo experience is wow and runescape if that qualifies as an mmo, but i have experience with final fantasy, suikoden, chrono cross/trigger, legend of dragoon, .hack, etc etc so i know my way around. regardless, i figured that i'd post on here and see what fellow players had to say. i was told that it takes atleast getting to lvl 15 to get into dungeons and the game is better played with friends or atleast fun going people. that's about as much as i found out when talking with my friend who plays wow and other mmo's outside of wow for a short trial bit. any help/advice is very much appreciated. =)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well first off if she wants to get into the Giantbomb Free Company have her register on Ultros server. Lots of people to help her there. Secondly the main focus initially should be just focusing on the story. The story is actually pretty good about introducing you to most if not all of the mechanics in the game. So she should be able to get ahold of the grasp of the basics simply by doing the story mode.

There is another thread here on the FFXIV boards here explaining how to get in the free company.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@suikoden352: If you haven't already made a character, make sure you pick the Ultros server in the Primal data centre so you can join the Giant Bomb company (guild).

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By suikoden352

Will do. Her and me will probably make characters later tonight when she gets off work. I would start now, but I'm still getting used to the vita her and me bought and getting games put on it. Does the 30 days that games with the game let me do whatever I want or is it a limit 30 days like the wow trials are with limiting what all you can do?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.