Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

So who is really buying this game?

wutaiSTYLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wutaiSTYLE

I am planning on picking up the LE and getting the head start. For those of you doing the same, do you guys want to start up a linkshell?  

I'm playing the open beta like crazy but no one is social at all. People just go about and do their own thing. The one thing I really miss from FFXI was the community and the teamwork required to form a great party. The satisfaction that came from that was awesome but so far I'm not feeling that from this game. 

I want to get a bunch of like-minded people together and have some fun like the old days of FFXI. And I thought I would start here with the GB community since most of the duders here are mature. So, anyone down?

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Gilsham

yep but I do live in new zealand which means the times I'll be on might not be anything close ot other people =/

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By evildeadron

i played in the alpha, and closed beta's...and even though i was initally excited for this game, i decided the changes they made from ff 11 was not for me, i played ff 11 for 5 years, ran a dynamis and sky linkshell and had a great time with it, this is way too much of a departure and im no longer interested
    blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By blackbird415

I was interested for a whole 15 minutes and then realised "wait its a friggin mmo, I dont have enough time on my hands as it is"

wutaiSTYLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wutaiSTYLE
    @evildeadron: What makes you feel like it was a departure? The lack of teamwork?
    evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evildeadron
    @wutaiSTYLE:
     on a very basic level, every thing you do (interface wise) seems like it takes 1 extra step or click than it should, for example, returning to your home point after dying vs ff11, the inability to immediately click to check a mobs strength etc...lot's of little things like that really irritated me.  and yeah alot of people complained that ff11 was too group focused, but i think that is one of the things that made ff11 great, it felt like a single player game with other people around just emoting nonsense
    circaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By circaender

Im getting the CE on the 22nd. Im really enjoying my time with it. The menus are getting better and they seem to willing to change things around for the fans..so im going to pick it up.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evildeadron

the one thing i will give SE based on my experience with FF11, is that they will listen to the fans, they will tweak things, and they will support their product over the long haul. i'm sure ff 14 will be a much better game 6-12 months down the road, but i will wait til the ps3 version is ready and take a look at how things are then. i'm sure the early adopters will have fun though.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I probably will check out the PS3 version.  Also that gives it time to fix bugs from the initial PC launch.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Addfwyn

I'll probably be getting it, we should pick a server to make a Giant Bomb LS on.  I'll probably have to buy the Japanese client though, cause I'm living in Japan and there seems to be no digital options of purchasing for me to get the US client.  Good way to practice my Japanese, I guess ><

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ESREVER
    @ImpendingFoil: That's what I'm thinking about doing. I don't like having to worry about PC performance issues. Plus I heard the game is so much better with a controller. 

I REALLY REALLY want to like this game. But I haven't had the chance to play it.
    StartAndPause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StartAndPause

I really wish I had a bit more time on my hands to actually play the beta but regardless I'm going to give it a try and see how it ends up. Quite excited about it as the release draws closer.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By shirogane

One thing that confuses me, are the servers worldwide? Or are they seperated into regions? Cause the accounts are definitely regionalised.
    wutaiSTYLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wutaiSTYLE

After playing a bit more of the beta,I have been on both sides of the fence lately about whether or not to get this game. I really wanted to give this game a chance since I loved FFXI but I'm not really feeling it at all. It's probaby because I've played way too many MMOs, so I might not pick this one up after all.   

Don't let me discourage you guys, though, in getting duders to play together with. Good luck and enjoy the game when it's out.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By Marz

I am getting CE on the 22nd,  will be playing on Figaro server with some friends.

heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By heavyplay

Man I hope they do a Quicklook or something for this game. I'm not sure if I wan't to try it or not and I'm too lazy to download and install the beta.
    GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GideonAmos

Hmm, I won't have the time to play this the way I play FF11 back in 06, but sure, if there are enough duders joining the game, I'll be down with it! Played the closed beta for a while, didn't really got into it because of other games coming out.  

Also, still waiting for the payment options. I hope it's not CC only this time because I don't really like dealing with CC.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Addfwyn
    @heavyplay: There hasn't been too many QLs of MMOs here really.  They did one for Champions Online and Aion, but I can't recall any others offhand.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By elko84

ill get it once it's on ps3

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By StrikeALight

Will be there on the 22nd. Still undecided on which race and server to play on.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I am curious to how game will be, but I mainlt just want to hear the soundtrack.
    KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#23  Edited By KillerFly

I was so excited for this game but all the bad buzz left a bad taste in my mouth and I lost all interest.

MadLeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MadLeper
    @Addfwyn: Pre-ordered the CE, haven't given much thought as to how much time I'll devote to playing.  We'll see if it's engaging enough to cure me of WoW.

If a particular server appears to be a favourite among the Giant Bomb players, I'll be sure to give that one a try.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Raymayne

Not I said the walrus. I then echoed him.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Malakhii

I usually don't try mmo's at launch, I give them a little time to get a foothold.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tunaburn

i Really want to play it but i do not have enough free time to play an MMO. Plus i dont have enough free time to make it worth paying 15 bucks a month to play it.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tunaburn

p.s. is it to late to get into the beta?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Addfwyn
    @tunaburn: The game is already out, so yes too late to get into the beta, but you could buy the game.
    Finis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Finis

I'll probably get it after I get my new graphics card, it looks really god, but I don't know wither I could stand having two mmo's in my life (wow being the other) and from what i've seen so far FFXIV doesn't seem like a wow killer to me

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tunaburn
    @Addfwyn said:
    " @tunaburn: The game is already out, so yes too late to get into the beta, but you could buy the game. "
    2 things wrong with that. I dont know how well it will run on my computer. I know it will run but i wonder how well. Secondly, i dont ever buy games without getting to test them first. Especially ones i cant return or resale.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Addfwyn
    @tunaburn: Well, there IS a benchmark you could download to see how it'll run.  But that doesn't give you a demo to play, that is true.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tunaburn
    @Addfwyn said:
    " @tunaburn: Well, there IS a benchmark you could download to see how it'll run.  But that doesn't give you a demo to play, that is true. "
    ok 2 things again. :P   first where do i get the benchmark. and second. i heard they are giving free 2 week trials like they did with starcraft 2. Is this true as well and if so, where do i get it?
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Addfwyn
    @tunaburn:  
    Benchmark is here
    Trials, not so sure about, I think you need to get a buddy pass from somebody who bought a CE, you can probably ask around here for somebody that has one, I unfortunately do not have any left.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.