Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Weapon Tier

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone. I recently resubscribed and am looking for information on the weapon system. My friend has explained a little bit about it (relic weapons or something of that sort) but I am looking for more information. I've heard the weapon system is either something you love or find extremely grindy and I just wanted to know how it worked. Can anyone link a good guide or something of the sort?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey everyone. I recently resubscribed and am looking for information on the weapon system. My friend has explained a little bit about it (relic weapons or something of that sort) but I am looking for more information. I've heard the weapon system is either something you love or find extremely grindy and I just wanted to know how it worked. Can anyone link a good guide or something of the sort?

So when you get to 50 the first thing you should do is start working on your Relic weapon. This is a multistage process and will allow you to get one of the better weapons in the game once its upgraded. There are a bunch of other weapons you can get until you can complete the quest chain though and most of those come from the Primals.

Once you get your relic then you need to do dungeons until you get enough tomes (900 of them) to upgrade the relic weapon to a Relic +1 or Zenith. Once you get that done you can begin working on your Zodiac weapon which is a huge grind for an item called Atma. Once you get all the required atma and upgrade your weapon you begin grinding tomes again to get books to upgrade to your animus.

The zodiac weapon grind is 100% grindey and completely sucks. Getting a relic is relatively easy though with the exception of the Hard modes. Those can either be extremely easy or extremely frustrating on your group dynamic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.