Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Did Patrick Review this?

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I cant seem to find it, I know he finished it. Why didnt he review it? Does Patrick review games? I wish he would had, I know he loved it!

I'm really digging it, would love to read a review from Patrick on the subject...did Alex review it....WHY CANT I FIND IT? Aarrghhh sorry.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89: Okay so that tweaks me just a little, don't get me wrong I love @patrickklepek, his taste are pretty well in line with mine, but come on dude write the review. MAKE TIME!!!!

Easy for me to say right :P

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Patrick does not write reviews.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@starvinggamer said:

This. He's the news guy, not the reviews guy. Also it's probably for the same reason they'll never be a Ni No Kuni review, that there damn JRPG's are too long dag namit.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

This. He's the news guy, not the reviews guy. Also it's probably for the same reason they'll never be a Ni No Kuni review, that there damn JRPG's are too long dag namit.

That being said I wish he would at least have an open discussion cast/spoiler cast like he did with 999, just something more about it. I hope he remembers this game at the end of the year discussions. Also Ni no Kuni is pretty good as well.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why waste time writing a review for a game that was released 2 months ago?

He's talked about it and there are plenty of other reviews out there. What else do you need?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By mosespippy

Would you even trust a review from Patrick/Giant Bomb. 8-4 did the translation, so there has to be a question of impartiality if a review were to be published.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

He's talked about it and there are plenty of other reviews out there. What else do you need?

The game came out last month, not two months ago.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By probablytuna

@hailinel said:

@hunkulese said:

And it hasn't come out in Australia. Maybe he can write a special review to coincide with the April 20th release!

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: maybe not consistently but he's written a few. pretty sure he did dishonored and skyward sword.

that said im not sure what the purpose of a review would be in this case. there is probably over an hour of him talking about what he thinks of this game in video/podcast form and apparently some tumblr stuff too so i'm pretty sure his opinion on it is out there.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would you even trust a review from Patrick/Giant Bomb. 8-4 did the translation, so there has to be a question of impartiality if a review were to be published.

So I take it you think the Metal Gear Rising review was also incredibly biased?

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razielcuts said:

@starvinggamer said:

That is an untrue statement. Patrick writes reviews. He writes more of them than Ryan now.

And anyway he has stated before that he will not review Fire Emblem.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Patrick has stated on multiple occasions that he does intend to write a piece on Fire Emblem, but he's been too busy to write it.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dungbootle
    @turambar said:

@mosespippy said:

So I take it you think the Metal Gear Rising review was also incredibly biased?

They've also reviewed Dragon's Dogma, Shadows of the Damned, Soulcalibur IV, AND MGS4. Where is the integrity?!?!?!?!?!?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@hunkulese said:

It came out Jan 31st which is closer to two months. It also doesn't change the fact that there are tons of reviews already out there and he has already talked and written about the game. What would be the purpose of a review now?

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

I hate metacritic as much as the next guy, but the sad truth is that people pay attention to the overall "score" it gets. And I mean people in marketing, sales and publishers. Writing the review would score another point, so to speak, for the game. And for the people who like to use metacritic as a source for finding different reviews, then Giantbomb would be listed on there. I think a late review is better than no review.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

"Review"?! What are these "reviews" you speak off?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.