Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Let's talk about Children Characters (minor spoilers)

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

Man, these kids are awesome and hilarious. Obviously, Lucina was going to be cool (most reverse traps are cool) but man Owain and his god damn sword hand talks and hero talks. Cynthia is just as clumsy as Sumia but more hyper and upbeat. And, since I have Chrom merry Sumia, I got a nice interaction with Lucina and Cynthia. Inigo is interesting since I expected for him to not be a fighter like her mother (unless you changed her classes) but his interest in women and willingness to fight makes him interesting.

So far these are the Children characters I got. Looking forward to the others.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

By children I thought you meant Ricken and Donnel...clearly I need to play more of this game.

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'm enjoying most of the interactions children bring, taking a shine to Brady though. I get a smile on almost all of his support conversations.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By smokeyd123

I don't have Inigo, but I really like Cordelia's kid. She's just the right kind of brash and her conversations with her dad are pretty hilarious. Working on getting Panne's kid, but the battle to get him is pretty difficult.

BamSaidTheLady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm getting close to the end of the game so I've been playing without restarts. I just got Gerome and Cynthia killed. I feel horrible. Especially about Cynthia.

Lucina and Morgan are some of my best units.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm getting close to the end of the game so I've been playing without restarts. I just got Gerome and Cynthia killed. I feel horrible. Especially about Cynthia.

Lucina and Morgan are some of my best units.

Same for me, although I wish they did more with Morgan's story . Also realized that Donny's kid is getting up there really fast because of that skill she inherited. Pretty soon I'm going to have two gods on the battlefield.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By smokeyd123

Especially about Cynthia

You're a bastard for letting her die. She's far too adorable to let die.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By metalsnakezero

@smokeyd123 said:

I don't have Inigo, but I really like Cordelia's kid. She's just the right kind of brash and her conversations with her dad are pretty hilarious. Working on getting Panne's kid, but the battle to get him is pretty difficult.

Dude, you can easily make that battle super hard D:

Yarne - He's a bit of a baby but you would be if you're the last of your people.

Kjelle - Super awesome, a very tough girl.

Noire - very fragile girl till she goes crazy!

Gerome - Batman

Severa - So tsundere

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

I just got everyone's kid except for Nowi's, who I still didn't marry off. I'm eventually going to want to do it since I want everything in the game, but it's really off putting to marry off an 8-year-old character.

Cynthia is the best, followed by Owain and Brady. Brady is totally the Fire Emblem version of Kanji and I'm waiting for him to tell Maribelle to "get bent" in one of the support conversations.

Severa is a complete asshole and I'm slowly starting to enjoy her character.

Yarne and Noire are kind of obnoxious.

Kjelle, Lucina, and Ingo are okay but nothing to write home about. And Morgan is as interesting as a plank of wood, but he has max stats at level 10 from me grinding out my avatar and Stahl.

Gerome is the god damn worst. I had the same thought of "holy shit it's Batman," before he started talking. Then I was hoping he would get killed in his recruitment fight.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG Brady is totally Kanji! Acting all tough while still being formal in some ways.

Morgan is a bit plain but the interactions with my avatar is very nice. Kid trying to pull a prank on my character but failing was kinda cute.

beadoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By beadoy
    @metalsnakezero said:

Dude, you can easily make that battle super hard D:

By fighting both armies? I couldn't resist. Had to come back to it later though since my first run with that mission ended in a complete failure.

@morbid_coffee said:

Gerome is the god damn worst. I had the same thought of "holy shit it's Batman," before he started talking. Then I was hoping he would get killed in his recruitment fight

Can't say I'm enjoying him that much either. His personality is a bit insufferable to have around for long periods of time. My team also has too many fliers so I may consider reclassing him to something else if I ever feel the need to use him.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've just started getting some of them so I haven't seen them all but Owain is gonna be pretty much impossible to beat. Dude is the embodiment of anime with his sword arm and yelling about love and justice and all that.

Morgan and Lucina have been my favourite on the battlefield but it bums me out that they can't get levels in support. I'm currently working on getting Cynthia/Lucina/Sumia/Chrom support up so I can have the most badass family laying waste to all who oppose them. The children also made me realize that I really should try to see all the support dialogs. I had been sticking to marriage candidates for the entire game until I got Lucina.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I think I've accidentally worked myself into a corner where now I have to marry Lucina and Owain.

That is all.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've just started getting some of them so I haven't seen them all but Owain is gonna be pretty much impossible to beat. Dude is the embodiment of anime with his sword arm and yelling about love and justice and all that.

Morgan and Lucina have been my favourite on the battlefield but it bums me out that they can't get levels in support. I'm currently working on getting up so I can have the most badass family laying waste to all who oppose them. The children also made me realize that I really should try to see all the support dialogs. I had been sticking to marriage candidates for the entire game until I got Lucina.

Morgan and Lucina should have a support lvl because I got them S rank.

Same here dude, Cynthia/Lucina/Sumia/Chrom Family support is super awesome.

Owain has been the best. He currently high in popularity rank in Japan http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

Update on my crew:

Nah - smart and adorable. Also, she a god damn dragon.

Laurent - He pretty much Miriel but a guy. Got a good mother son relationship going in his support.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By smokeyd123

Sounds like Owain is an absolute blast, I really need to get him. Cynthia is just SO FUCKING CUTE, and I really like Severa.

@metalsnakezero said:

@smokeyd123 said:

Severa - So tsundere

Best Dere.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@metalsnakezero: Maybe only male Morgan and Lucina can get support ranks? I just double checked and Lucina does not appear in (female) Morgan's list of support characters.

@starvinggamer: I wasn't really surprised that you could have cousins marry each other but I'll be doing my best to avoid that. You could just leave them at A rank?

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By metalsnakezero

@superwristbands said:

@metalsnakezero: Maybe only male Morgan and Lucina can get support ranks? I just double checked and Lucina does not appear in (female) Morgan's list of support characters.

Oh I see, I guess it only when they are either sisters or male Morgan.

Oh and yes, you can have A rank. Once you get a S rank with someone you can't S rank with anyone else.

beadoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of the dialogue, does anyone know what happens when you S rank with another unit of the opposite gender after marrying them off? Is it even possible?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@beadoy: You can't. Once a character hits S they can't hit S with anyone else.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

Morgan was great, I turned her into a titanic mage and she led most of my later battles. I also adored Panne's kid and really enjoyed matching him up with Kjelle, since I hooked up with Sully.

Man, this game is fantastic.

Avatar image for daughteroftheredking
    DaughteroftheRedKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only person who actually likes Gerome? I got him and Lucina to marry as soon as possible...Which I'm regretting, because now I want her to marry Inigo.

If they're siblings they can get support, and considering the Avatar can marry Lucina, I'd assume you get support then...I don't know if you can have (male) Morgan and Lucina get together even if they're not related though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.