Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Think I could beat this in two weeks?

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't have a good sense of how long this game is. Thought about starting it tonight, but Bravely Default comes out a week from next Friday, and I know I'll want to start that in day one. Think, what is it, 12 days is enough to give this game, or should I wait until I can devote more time to it? Thanks in advance.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Canteu

Day 1? You mean day 60?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I played it on Hard - Casual and the timer at the end of the game was around 33 hours. I finished all but four of the paralogues (side missions, essentially, unlocked by having enough supports for a female and male character to marry) and had enough supports for Chrom and Lissa to find the protagonist alive at the end.

I also did a fair bit of grinding, though you probably won't do as much if you play on Normal.

Finishing a 30 hour game in two weeks is reasonable if you manage your time well and focus on it (and don't have a bunch of other obligations to tend to).

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, do you think you can put 25 - 40 hours in two weeks? If not then is probably reccomend waiting.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: Well, day one in the States.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@figurehead00: Yeah, if you really wanted, the game is probably finishable in like 25-35 hours. If you mostly just do the main story chapters (and the paralogues, which are basically optional story chapters on the side that sometimes give you an optional character), each of those is rarely more than an hour long. That's still kind of a lot to pack into the span of two weeks.

You can really spend as much time as you want to put into it, though, since your map can also be populated with random battles with enemies that you can ignore if you want, or you can grind a bit and level your dudes up. Similarly, if you Streetpass people ever, you can fight other players' teams for experience. Grinding it out can be fun because you can keep changing your characters' class/job, letting you mix and match all sorts of skills from different classes together on one character.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, thanks for the information guys. I think I'll take a shot at it.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: Ugh, I hate being on this side of it!

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Haven't played it yet, but am expecting it in the mail tomorrow! Pretty excited, hope we both enjoy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.