Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Firewatch

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 09, 2016

A first-person mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness developed by Campo Santo, where the protagonist's only lifeline, emotionally and physically speaking, is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.

Has Anyone Tried Twine?

aku88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello duders! So I've finally played through Firewatch. I'm a bit late to the party I know, but it was a busy year and it went on sale a couple of weeks ago so I finally got it!

Firstly, I think it's a phenomenal game, in no small part due to the excellent voice acting. I just couldn't help but play through the whole game in one sitting. It's just that engaging.

Anyway, I was going through the developer commentary and one of the first things they mentioned is that they used the Twine software (https://twinery.org/) to help storyboard the intro to the game. You know, the one where you make little choices about Henry's past.

To that extent, I'm just curious if any of you duders have tried it out before. Apparently, it helps you make your own little choose-your-own text adventure. I'm interested in experimenting with it. If you've, please share it here! I'd like to see what this software is capable of. Couldn't think of a better place to solicit help than from you fine duders.

Personally, I'm excited to make my own little mind map for a short story.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I have worked with it, though in very simple terms. I haven't modified it and made it look not-twine, just made some practice stories. My last one I tried to make you play all the key parts by looping the story and portray the same situations from different angles (basically having the protagonist be killed by himself from a different timeline that you could also play. Etc.) depending on your choices. It's a fun tool to use even to just explore ones imagination.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope, never even heard of it.

It definitely sounds intriguing though. I'm downloading it now and we'll see how that goes. I'm a halfway-stranger to these kinds of things. I love choose-your-own-adventure stuff. In theory at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.