Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Flagship Studios

Company »

A game development company founded in 2003 by the creators of Diablo, Flagship encountered financial trouble in 2008 and were forced to close down most of their operations.

This article is stolen

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Is anybody else noticing this? This article is taken word-for-word from Wikipedia, and even still has all the original links in.

I tried to submit an original article to replace it, but it was rejected. I then tried to at least fix some of the broken links in the article, but this too was rejected, and without explanation.

Hey mods, users, anybody - what is going on here?

Gamblor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Gamblor

I agree. It doesn't feel right. At least quote the source or the copyright license (GPL in this case).

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Thanks for pointing this out!
    I'll be removing all the plagiarised content. I can't be sure why your submissions were rejected, if you only updated the links it may be because the moderator who saw your submission immediately noted it was copied from Wikipedia without reading your comment.
    Hopefully once I remove all the content your submissions will go through properly.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FengShuiGod

Indeed. In my experience, mods just glance at the content and don't actually read it. For example, I was browsing the site and when I was looking at a Zelda game (I think). I noticed the spelling and grammar were horrible.There was almost no punctuation. I edited the article by cleaning it up a bit, but it got rejected. I think the article has been replaced by something much more comprehensive now, which is good, but the new article was probably accepted because it was bigger, not because it was written better.

I'm not saying the mods should act like grammar nazis, I just hope they can take the time to read a little of the article a bit before they accept it. When something looks like "ZeElda is a games about teh adventurez of Link and whut he does," it is probably not a good idea to accept it.

Mods being a little more cognisant about content would also prevent information that is a blatant copy from Wikipedia from getting accepted.

That said, I'm not saying all mods are a bunch of lazy bums,I understand the que can be huge, and I know there are only 24 hours in a day. I'm just trying to bring attention to a problem. :)

So, in short: I agree.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By LaszloKovacs

@TheBeast:
    Wow, thanks for actually reading this and doing something about it - I was beginning to think that nobody would ever see this thread.

@FengShuiGod:
    I agree that the mods frequently don't do enough to screen for plagiarism, but this was submitted when the site first launched, and I imagine a lot of that skimming-over was done because the moderation team was so overwhelmed.

In any event, I'm glad it's been corrected.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.